Continuing from the last thread, we finally did get some response, however I still think the topic is viable, the 20% buff helps, but not necessarily in the areas where we really need. I understand that GC said that all healers will have some weakness, it just seems that ours is so greatly amplified over the weaknesses of any other healer when the raid is not designed in our favor. Shamans still lack a reliable spread heal mechanic. There have been a lot of posts bringing up great ideas on how to fix this, Ill outline some of the ideas I remembered below.
- Get rid of the glyph and make the increased jump distance standard for the spell and no cd
- Allow CH to consume and benefit from tidal waves
- Reduce the cast time of CH
- Buff purification (although we kind of got this in the form of buffing spells that would not interfere with PvP).
- Make a glyph that allows a storm cloud (aoe heal) to follow the shaman around, obviously with a smaller radius of effect.
Healing Stream Totem:
- Reduce the cd
- Get rid of or reduce significantly the penalty that the current glyph imposes on the upfront healing.
There were some other ideas as well, however these were the more prominent ideas which seemed to be repeated among more than one person.
Again, I think that shamans heal just fine in terms of burst and output, however we're missing a fundamental class mechanic, not something that will make us absolutely great at healing every kind of raid situation, but at the very least a tool that we can depend on when an entire tier like Throne of Thunder introduces all spread raid designs.