Resto Shaman - Severely Lacking in T15 - Pt 3

90 Pandaren Shaman
[quote]
...... Not that DS was that great for Shamans, because Paladin AoE healing got 'fixed' in the DS patch and as a result they were even better, while still being better at tank healing and having better mana efficiency while spread healing. Still, at least Shamans weren't simply horrible for a tier.

I have to disagree with you about DS. The combo of stack friendly fights and the way Telluric Current was working in DS gear meant Shaman had near infinite mana and our toolkit was at peak efficiency. Pally's were crazy strong for DS but I still think Shaman were better for that Tier and not just for the healing but also because of SLT and 10% more health to the Raid.

Seems like it's the same every x-pac. Shaman have some issue early on then for the last Tier they're borderline OP due to the encounter design mixed with their Utility. SWP, ICC then DS come to mind. Whether that will hold true again is anyone's guess.
Edited by Indyana on 4/14/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
[quote]
...... Not that DS was that great for Shamans, because Paladin AoE healing got 'fixed' in the DS patch and as a result they were even better, while still being better at tank healing and having better mana efficiency while spread healing. Still, at least Shamans weren't simply horrible for a tier.

I have to disagree with you about DS. The combo of stack friendly fights and the way Telluric Current was working in DS gear meant Shaman had near infinite mana and our toolkit was at peak efficiency. Pally's were crazy strong for DS but I still think Shaman were better for that Tier and not just for the healing but also because of SLT and 10% more health to the Raid.

Seems like it's the same every x-pac. Shaman have some issue early on then for the last Tier they're borderline OP due to the encounter design mixed with their Utility. SWP, ICC then DS come to mind. Whether that will hold true again is anyone's guess.

Yeah, TC was downright amazing in DS. Yor'sahj especially comes to mind (since he got a stacking debuff that caused him to take more damage). I could quite literally healing rain on cooldown, while spamming greater healing wave, and end the fight at 100% mana. Same with Deathwing...I typically ended at 100% mana while spamming. Once we all got a decent amount of gear I could do Madness by ONLY casting lightning bolt and healing rain, nothing else.

Meanwhile our poor holy priest was struggling to do half of what I did in there.
Edited by Mogrigg on 4/14/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Apparently, they have now reverted making full HP targets not count against the target cap on AoE spells like Healing Rain. We can't seem to catch a break, however small that would have been.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Apparently, they have now reverted making full HP targets not count against the target cap on AoE spells like Healing Rain. We can't seem to catch a break, however small that would have been.

Wonder if they were scared of Divine Star spam.

Which is funny, because it doesn't have DR if a Spriest casts it. How stupid is that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]