Best Profs

86 Blood Elf Mage
I read the thread on Fire Mages, but since it didn't specify what the best professions are, I thought I'd ask the mage community. I was thinking Enchanting and Inscription. Are any other professions more viable for 5.2? (I already have JC, Mining, Skinning, and LW on other toons)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
For PVE right now it's Engineering and BS. Troll for racial.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
For PVE right now it's Engineering and BS. Troll for racial.

Awesome thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
How exactly are Engineering/BS > Tailoring?

Lightweave is a cheap upgrade that gives you approximately ~320 intellect, but given that it's 2k Intellect for 15 seconds, it puts Tailoring ahead of the other professions for casters. And the Tailoring leg enchant is cheaper if you're a Tailor.

BS, Jewelcrafting, Alchemy, Enchanting, Engineering, and Inscription all give a +320 intellect gain through their perk as well whether the gain is on demand (Engineering Synapse) or passive.

LW gives +330 through Fur Lining, and Herbalism is +480 Haste.

Tailoring is the best profession for any caster, the secondary is really whatever you like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think it's more about the crit than the intellect. Two extra sockets = 640 crit rating, and considering most fire mages are gemming pure crit, BS would be very attractive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]