OOM Podcast Episode 9; CALLING ALL SHAMANS!

Thank you OOM for providing a tap into the community of healers. While you may be a minority, I greatly enjoy your podcasts.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yes, thank you Morenn, Vero, shammy, and everybody else for doing these. They are very fun to listen to.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Thank you OOM for providing a tap into the community of healers. While you may be a minority, I greatly enjoy your podcasts.

Just want to say, as I was reading your post I was imagining you in front of a mob of healers in Dalaran, on a pedestal, and just preaching it out there. Thanks for the post, and it means a lot.

Also Tiberroa, I need your Btag please,or add mine. Rennick#1856
Edited by Shammyren on 4/3/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Sounds absolutely epic. Maybe someday! I do love public speaking.

I hope in the future I'll have more knowledge to bring to the table overall, myself.
Edited by Naérdriel on 4/3/2013 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Not sure if you have all slots filled, but i would love to do this.. I been a Shaman since BC and a Healing Shaman since LK.. Love the class, and love to talk about healing.. Ill send you a private email as well with my info.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
its funny you say this... Since most of the time on your podcast all you did was complain how bad people are, and how great you are.. You even referred to other players as "asshats" and people who do LFR have no business going into normal raiding... These elitist attitudes in WOW no longer exist.... WOW is now a casual, relaxed effort game..... and there is nothing wrong with that.

03/31/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Shammyren
Preferably not those of the pure "QQ" type. No one wants to hear a rant. ;)

This is where I shall be rulling with an Iron Fist, so no QQing allowed
Edited by Makku on 4/4/2013 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
You should try and get someone with T15 heroic or at least late normal modes. I think one of the things that is frustrating is people with no experience playing the class, or only like LFR experience claiming things are fine. You don't really get the perspective of some of the issues until you get into heroic progression.

To be honest though - how many in the Shammy community are running T15 heroics right now?

If that's were the problems really lie (and I think there are some problems in general don't get me wrong) then how can you say healing the current heroic tier is a good indicator of problems as a class a whole? This isn't the first tier that some healing classes have struggled with during heroic modes and it won't be the last.

The whole thing is that Shammy's are from every walk of life and every play style. Issues that should be introduced are ones that effect the community as a whole or become glaring in heroics as issues that are going to pose problems to the class in general in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
its funny you say this... Since most of the time on your podcast all you did was complain how bad people are, and how great you are.. You even referred to other players as "asshats" and people who do LFR have no business going into normal raiding... These elitist attitudes in WOW no longer exist.... WOW is now a casual, relaxed effort game..... and there is nothing wrong with that.

Ok, I have said that people are stupid when they play the game, and its true. But I have also said that there are good players. Ive had plenty of good experiences in the games, PuGs included. Yes, ive also called players "asshats" but ive been called way worse on things that arent my fault. And I a big advocate of using LFR to prepare in some way for Normal raids, its what I do.

Also, Bad experiences are just more easier to remember than good experiences. This happens all the time.

Oh, and Im also a Casual now, so saying im an Elitest just isnt true. And I agree with you that there is nothing wrong, because there isnt

The shows tonight too, so come and join if you're able to make it
Edited by Shammyren on 4/4/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I don't recall anyone saying that @_@ There are bad people in LFR, but there are bad people in every aspect of the game (heroic raiders included, people get carried often :P).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HC
I do believe I'll give this week a go, though.

I take it back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Since my customary post-show post in these threads would be somewhat self-serving, I'll just say thanks to Convict and Eein for sharing their insights and viewpoints, and thanks to Shammy, Morenn, and Veroicone for setting a good stage.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I have some questions and observations, if you could take them to your POD cast.

1.Are shamans viable for 10 man heroics ?
not there yet for me but probably will start next week
2.Do we need to out gear content to play with our guilds ?
Started clearing TOT a bit undergeared before the hotfix and it was really frustrating while other healers with less gear or the same gear that I had where fine
3. Raid comp affects our performance?
From my experience, I raid with a disc priest and holy paladin, and I noticed at least in normal modes that absorbs keep ppl above 50% making our mastery suck and affecting our healing performance, now lets sy you are with other comps would make it better for us ?
4. Atm I see at least on normal mode 10 man that we are behind for like 5% from the other healers but you have to play perfectly place your healing rain well, etc.
5. will T15 4 pc bonus set help the issues we have on 10 man ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Since my customary post-show post in these threads would be somewhat self-serving, I'll just say thanks to Convict and Eein for sharing their insights and viewpoints, and thanks to Shammy, Morenn, and Veroicone for setting a good stage.

Riôt

I just listened to the show. Riot, the reason why I think your idea of having a glyph that causes Healing Surge to reset the cooldown of Riptide would be a no go is PvP balance. Blizzard already feels RShaman are OP/too strong in PvP (just this week GC tweeted that the spec definitely doesn't need a PvP buff). Riptide and Healing Surge are probably the most used PvP heals, so putting in a glyph that makes them interact like that would probably be completely overpowered in PvP.

If they wanted to do that, it would probably need to be tied into HW, GHW or CH and not HS.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
04/06/2013 05:59 AMPosted by Tiberria
would be a no go is PvP balance.

Fair point, I didn't think of this at the time.

Buuuuut, realistically in 3v3, you could probably have Riptide rolling on the whole team for a fair while if you wanted to. I mean, I don't know exactly how game-changing Riptide ticks are in PVP as I don't pvp at all nowadays.

I think Riot's suggestion would 'technically' be a PvP buff, but practically I don't know how much difference it would make.

I have some questions and observations, if you could take them to your POD cast.

Sorry we couldn't get to them on the show, I'd be happy to answer them now.

04/05/2013 07:50 AMPosted by Makpowr
1.Are shamans viable for 10 man heroics ?

Certainly. We are competitive for a few of the hardmodes, and while you will be a hindrance on others, your presence won't make them unkillable.

2.Do we need to out gear content to play with our guilds ?

Interesting one. I don't think so, but I think gear helps shamans more than it does any other healing class. We talked about the strength of MTT during the podcast and this might address this question.

3. Raid comp affects our performance?

Again, talked about this on the podcast, short answer: Yes. Long answer: Listen to the podcast at http://oompodcast.com/

4. Atm I see at least on normal mode 10 man that we are behind for like 5% from the other healers but you have to play perfectly place your healing rain well

Its not really a question but I'll respond anyway. I think that shaman are behind. I think that part of this is in inability to truly measure raid performance AS A WHOLE, accurately. I think there is a 'utility tax', at least where shamans are concerned. And I do feel that shamans are having to play their very best right now to not look like idiots on the HPS chart.

5. will T15 4 pc bonus set help the issues we have on 10 man ?

Short answer: Yes. Long Answer: Yes, but not by that much. The HST increase is excellent. It'd be nice to be a bit more powerful but yeah, 25% is pretty good. The 4set will help our issues in 10man, but not by a huge margin. Our healing overall will increase, but I'm not sure (as I do not yet have 4set) how much of this will be mindless overhealing due to the nature of a lot of mechanics this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
HC
An Eein was harmed in the making of this show.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That's it, I'm calling PETS.
Reply Quote

... and he enjoyed it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Pfft. You like it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
04/06/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Tiriel

Pfft. You like it.

He really did <3

Thanks for answering those questions Convict :D Sorry, Makpowr that we didn't get to them but sadly they were asked after the show!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]