Atonement Nerf, No buff to compensate? (PVE)

90 Human Priest
Looks like Atonement is getting nerfed by 20% but Disc priest are not getting a buff to offset one of our top 3 healing abilities. IMO for disc to stay viable they need something to help compensate such a big nerf to a core ability
Edited by Scotters on 4/1/2013 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I completely agree. First they destroy divine aegis, now they are ruining atonement. I don't know what to do as disc anymore. I am not liking the changes they are making. As always, when they nerf, they nerf too hard.
Edited by Asllana on 4/1/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To be honest i'm ok with them nerfing Atonment because i was starting to have too much fun healing with it and i can't do that when i start heroics next week. But they really need something to make up for a 20% nerf to something that does around 10-20% of disc's healing in most cases.
Reply Quote
Buff already OP Shaman healing, Nerf already GIMP disc healing.

Blizz, wtf are you doing? lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Look at it this way, a lot of times when they nerf too hard, they end up hotfixing a buff that is usually over compensating. We can only hope :>
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I am able to defeat rogues 1v1 without even worry about their DPS if I have Pain Sup. up.

That is not what they want I bet. We should not be able to defeat one single class in combat. That is way too OP.

Like a DPS that can heal to full and still kill a priest. Way good idea.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Then nerf the damage portion but make the healing 120%?
Really it's looking more like bubble spamming, POM on CD, us POH only on stack ups for SS and atonment when there is really low damage.
Edited by Scotters on 4/1/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Then nerf the damage portion but make the healing 120%?

This. Also, I hate pvp nerfs that affect pve, and vice versa for that matter. They already showed us they know how to change damage based on whether it's against a player or not (mage bombs). So do that here and leave pve atonement alone.
Edited by Asllana on 4/1/2013 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
This atonement nerf makes sense.. and is a good thing for good-gameplay. I mean you are seeing far too many people just sit in one spot and mash smite the entire fight, 'steal' heals (which would have come in from other sources-- ie. druid HoTs)

Disc played well is more than just smite smite smite solace, penance smite smite smite... its building Evangelism, using AA, and Spirit Shell timed around fight mechanics--- AND using Smite, and offensive/defensive Penance, Prayer of Mending, and prayer of healing.

80% isnt the end of the world either.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Is this for real? I've been getting trolled too much IRL today.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This atonement nerf makes sense.. and is a good thing for good-gameplay. I mean you are seeing far too many people just sit in one spot and mash smite the entire fight, 'steal' heals (which would have come in from other sources-- ie. druid HoTs)

Disc played well is more than just smite smite smite solace, penance smite smite smite... its building Evangelism, using AA, and Spirit Shell timed around fight mechanics--- AND using Smite, and offensive/defensive Penance, Prayer of Mending, and prayer of healing.

80% isnt the end of the world either.

I agree Derevka, that is why i stated i believe the nerf is a good thing but Disc needs to compensation for that nerf. We were in a good place before this nerf, why not keep us there by say buffing POH healing or Buff POM to go along with our 2pc bonus?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This is absolutely insane. The already massive nerf to DA hurt Disc beyond belief, and now this is thought of as a good idea? The only fights atonement is even remotely great on are those with boss damage modifiers, and even then it's capped at a low percentage of our hp.

I understand this is April Fool's day, but this looks like legit changes. What baffles me the most is how Paladins are completely untouched despite being all around better than Disc. It's almost like people are basing how good the class is based upon 250% increased damage Horridan numbers.

Making DA a complete joke of what it was is bad enough, nerfing the skill of lining up rapture procs to get the most out of a spirit proc is even worse, making our mastery remove crit healing (And then pretending we're idiots and don't understand basic math about how a 100% heal and a 100% bubble is not anything close to as good as a 200% heal and a 50% bubble of that 200% heal) was terrible, and now a flat 20% nerf to our only good heal?

Honestly, I couldn't believe or even understand how all the 5.2 changes went live, when any one of them would have been plenty. Now this knee jerk response that is clearly not based on any sort of rationality is going to hurt us further.

TL;DR Disc has a few (and by no means a majority) of great fights this tier. So do other classes. Nerfing Disc AGAIN based on that is retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Cuis lets be cat friends right meow
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
They want us to use our entire toolkit guys!

Oh wait, they nerfed every other part of our toolkit. Now they're just rounding it out, nerfing the last part of it.

After all, blanket nerfing an entire spec 30-50% over the course of two major patches is totally cool, right?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Disc is in a bad place on live? Wat? Thats news.... If this is our only nerf, I'd say we got away scot-free.

TLDR: Use your whole toolkit, and this nerf is of little consequence.
Edited by Derevka on 4/1/2013 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Disc is in a bad place on live? Wat? Thats news.... If this is our only nerf, I'd say we got away scot-free.

TLDR: Use your whole toolkit, and this nerf is of little consequence.

Re-read my reply, i stated that Disc are in a good place right now, but after this nerf we will not be.

80% isn't the end of the world either.

No but a 20% nerf to a big part of a toolkit is. You may not feel it as much in your 25 man raids but as a 10 man raider i find Atonement much more valuable in raid healing than POH (if not stacked) or just spamming PWS
Edited by Scotters on 4/1/2013 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Agreed, Scotters. Atonement feels essentially mandatory in 10M. Nerfing it by 20% isn't going to change that, we're still going to use Atonement heavily, it's just going to butcher our throughput.

I fully expect this change to go live as-is, because that's just how this sort of stuff goes. It's like nerfing Pyroblast for Fire Mages by a flat 20%, they still have to use it.
Edited by Lothrik on 4/1/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Atonement healing is overpowered, so this makes sense. And no, nerfing the damage instead does not make sense. We already do less damage than holy in order to offset the healing of atonement.

During heroics, you can just use atonement. That's not a good situation.

During raids, I use holy attacks primarily to build and then use evangelism, so this will make little difference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I believe this is moreso to offset our gear scaling. As we gain a ton more ilvls atonement is getting carried away and with 5.3 also comes item upgrades. If anything atonement healing will still be about the same as it is currently.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]