A Brave New World (Nation RP OOC 2)

90 Worgen Druid
I never really realized how massive you had become Fluency. I guess that's what happens when you leave a horde of undead completely unchecked in a forest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yep!

I have alllll the lands. However, my army is made up almost entirely of pretty weak units. :P Strength wise, it'd be 3:1 skeletons to one of most standard melee units in other armies. But we grow, groooow.

Nobody bothered to worry about the rise of the Undead. :P But, it's little matter, I soon reach the crux of my civilizations ambitions, and then the internal difficulties begin!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Nobody bothered to worry about the rise of the Undead. :P But, it's little matter, I soon reach the crux of my civilizations ambitions, and then the internal difficulties begin!

Wait, how do you have internal difficulties when most of your citizens are completely and utterly bent to your will? Is Karshe really powerful enough to create trouble for a full on Lich?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You'll see. :) We're reaching the point where Mal'Zuur and Karshe have a singular, mutual goal (Shattrath). Once that goal is completed, there is no mutual interest between the two parties, they are as opposed as the Republic of Man and the Treehuggers. :P But, there's a few kickers you'll see when the difficulties start playing out.

Don't worry, I'm already bordering on the level I consider reasonable. (If I was currently engaged in regular combat with another nation, I would be toning down my roleplay a little to make it fun and interesting). But considering I'm working towards an essentially, immense, NPC-goal, I'm toning it -up- to make it a good read.

After this NPC-goal reaches conclusion, I'll be crumbled a little and try to interact more in an aggressive manner with others! Not to say people can't come and invade me right now, I'd welcome that!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I'd rather not make the first move against you, Fluency (though Windsor may not agree with that opinion) and I think, for the time being, it's in my best interests to lay low, and not get anyone mad at me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Right now, Meep, the Republic isn't all that interested in you. For the most part, they are focused on Zangarmarsh, Hellfire, and (maybe) the Blade's Edge Mountains. They're really just hearing rumors of something spreading in Terrokar.

Of course, lay siege to Shattrath, and all bets are off. I have a squadron of a Dreadnaught and three Light Cruisers about a week's sail away from you. Along with the 1300 Marines and 300 Dragoons, not to mention the Scorpions.

By the way, Zorbak, still waiting on you to tell me how that ambassador to Shattrath is doing.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
Sorry I wasn't on over the weekend, kind of a weird week haha. Anywho, wyrmcult post will be up tonight!

By the way, Zorbak, still waiting on you to tell me how that ambassador to Shattrath is doing.

Shattrath at the moment is a city in dissaray, overburdened with refugees, the central leadership is almost powerless at the moment, you have two options at the moment.

The Sha'tar will accept trade, however it will be rife with disorganization, and it will often end up being a bad deal for you. However, this will increase your nation's standing in the eyes of Shattrath. Allowing for benefits in the future, such as aid or resources if an emergency arises.

Or, you can open trade with one of the many underground factions that has a large stake in Shattrath, however your trade route will often be ferrying illegal goods from outside the city. Along with the usual arms and raw goods. This will make dealings with the Sha'tar difficult, but seeing as they are nearly powerless at the moment, they shouldn't cause too much trouble. You will get more money this way, and it will give you a foothold in Shattrath via the faction you deal with.

Tell me if you need more info!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Oh no, I'm trembling with fear Ein. :P Your boats don't seem very useful when the battle of Shattrath will be taking place on land.

Your armies however, are substantially troubling. :P Don't worry, I'm sure once you're pulled into a three-way war your forces will be a little thin.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Or, you can open trade with one of the many underground factions that has a large stake in Shattrath, however your trade route will often be ferrying illegal goods from outside the city. Along with the usual arms and raw goods. This will make dealings with the Sha'tar difficult, but seeing as they are nearly powerless at the moment, they shouldn't cause too much trouble. You will get more money this way, and it will give you a foothold in Shattrath via the faction you deal with.

Tell me if you need more info!

What are the factions? All of the major factions: legitimate and underground alike.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
Shattrath Factions:

The Sha'Tar:
A coalition of both Naaru leadership, and Aldor forces. Struggling to keep its hold over the city. Is considering contracting its legendary Sky guard out to gain some capitol. The only legitimate faction left. They fear the Hand of Mal'Zuur immensely, and wish to gain allies to stop its eventual arrival at their gates. The Sha'tar are lead by A'dal, and essentially all of the Naaru that inhabit Shattrath. Leading the Aldor faction is High Priestess Ishanah.

The Scryers:
A Blood Elven faction based out of Scryer's tier. The Scryers live high above what they view as the "Savage Masses". They have become a sort of 'ruling class' of Shattrath, as they provide the Sha'tar with both forces and resources in exchange for a blind eye turned to the Scryer's shadier dealings. Allegedly, they have been ferrying arcane artifacts to many of the surrounding Terokkar factions. Inwardly, they harbor no love for the Sha'Tar. Many of the Scryers have an addiction to Defias supplied Bloodthistle, they keep this fact a closely guarded secret. The Scryer's are lead by Voren'thal the Seer.

The Defias:
The Defias members that managed to escape to Outland found the quickly overcrowding Lower City a place rife with corruption. This was good, as the Defias flourishes in corruption. The Defias remnants quickly spread out through the lower city, recruiting many. Eventually the Defias assumed complete control of the Lower City. They make plenty of gold by selling Bloodthistle to the struggling lower city civilians. However the Defias makes most of their gold by stealing food and medical supplies sent by the Sha'tar to the Lower City. They then send these essentials to the people of the lower city at exorbitant prices. They wish to expand their criminal empire by importing goods from outside Nations, upper leadership would see these goods used to gain leverage over the entire city of Shattrath. The Defias are lead by Morgan "The Collector" DeWitt. Elizabeth DeWitt, Morgans daughter, acts as the head of the Bloodthistle trade.

The Skettis Exiles:
A band of Arakkoa lead by Kirrik the awakened and Rilak the redeemed. They control only their perch in the Lower City. They face Defias influence encroaching upon their small holdfast. The average exile serves Kirrik and Rilak with an almost religious fervor, they are seen as the avatars of the new Terokkar, and will lead the exiles back to Skettis. Violence is looked upon as a grave sin, so it is hard to imagine the Exiles ever reclaiming Skettis, unless an outside faction did it for them of course. Recently though, a leader has risen among the more aggressive of the Exiles, he is known as Vekax the Outcast, and with proper support, could overthrow the pacifist leadership of Kirrik and Rilak. The Exlies as a whole require goods aplenty, and will in turn offer a nation that helps them some of the powerful magical knowledge that they brought from Skettis and Sethekk halls. And under Vekax's leadership could serve as a useful military ally.

The Sporeling Cartel:
Lead by the Sporeling mushroom farmer turned gangster Coosh'Coosh, the Sporeling syndicate has recently began to rise to power, challenging even the Defias. The Syndicate began when Coosh'Coosh discovered that the glowcaps his people used for currency, also acted as a powerful narcotic to several of the races in the Lower City. Gathering a group of ambitious Sporelings and Sporeloks, Coosh'Coosh began to sell his Glowcaps throughout the lower city, rivaling even Defias Bloodthistle dealings. While hesitant of outsiders, the Syndicate would very much like to create a trade route to their homeland of Sporregar (Recently relocated to the western coast of the Inland sea). Any nation that took the deal would get quite a bit of profit.

The Syndicate:
Lead by Lord Garret Falconrest, the Syndicate acts as a more brutal and less oranized version of the Defias. The Syndicate was reborn in Outland when a large amount of Alterac refugees managed to settle in the lower city of Shattrath. Initially, many of them wanted to turn a new lead in the new world, however with the rise of the Defias, the Syndicate has formed in opposition. Caught in a losing war with the Defias, the Syndicate has been driven to near savagery. However order and structure still remain in some places, as the Syndicate has made quite a bit of capitol through assassinations and protection details. Rumors that the Argus Wake followed the Syndicate to Outland are abound, but no evidence has since turned up. If so, their leadership remains unknown.
Edited by Zorbak on 4/10/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Ah, yes please for more factions. Also, a list of the important leaders for Shattrath would be nice, since my ambassador is going to be involved with all sorts of stuff. And there may be a Marine/Hoplite platoon or two involved at some point.

It is really easy to see Shattrath as turning into one of the more powerful factions in the game, with various nations surreptitiously funneling weapons and supplies to their own favored factions in order to get them to edge the odds in their favor. I can even foresee an offshoot of the Cult of the Damned starting up if Meep's assault doesn't work out.
Edited by Einherrjar on 4/8/2013 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
And, I'd assume if it's okay with you Zorbak, that while most of my integrated Cultists would be scattered about the lower city, a decent portion would have succeeded in integrating into the Defias, and possibly, a few might have managed to find place within the Scryers acting as former members. However, I'll kneel to whatever degree of success you think is appropriate with my Cultist integration. Although their intentions were not to infiltrate higher-class Shattrath, but mix in with most of the Lower City, and so, Defias as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Sounds profitable, maybe I should see about putting a few hands in that pie.
Or orc heads, as the case may be.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
Added more factions and leadership. =)

Tell me if it looks a little wall of texty, I can space it out some. Also Fluency that sounds fine, I was thinking that you could subjugate a faction and use it as a foothold within Shattrath.
Edited by Zorbak on 4/8/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well, I've been looking at a way of getting the Argus Wake into the RP. They'll be a very manipulative, non-combat sort of organisation. So, maybe, (I'll play their interactions out in the RP of course), the Argus Wake, as they once held sway over the Syndicate, could hold sway over one of these Shattrath Factions. It'd most likely be one of the more general groups, like Scryers, Defias, or maybe a new emerging faction.

I'll think about it, but I will definitely look to getting some influence in there. The Cult of the Damned are, for now, specifically avoiding leaving any footprints of their association behind. They're intentionally cutting all ties to Mal'Zuur until the day comes where the Undead assault, and then they'll cause chaos and discord, etc etc. But yeah.

Actually, I have quite an interesting idea... I will enact it all completely from within the RP of course, however.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I apologize for not posting. Been busy. Once I post for my own thread, I shall make a post with it's growth cycles and so on and so forth.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
Meep, I was actually thinking of adding in a Syndicate faction into Shattrath, to rival the Defias from the shadows. But I felt that the Syndicate was a little too obscure, and I thought no one would know who they are. However, seeing as you want to incorporate the Argus wake, I'd gladly throw in a Syndicate faction, with Argus Wake ties. I could write out a little info blurb on them, or you could write it if you want some characteristics molded to fit your story.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I think I have had enough of a hand in manipulating things to fit my own story, :P Feel free to write up a little info-blurb if you'd like, even with your own names/npcs. I'd be happy to work with anything. They're not going to affiliated with the Cult of the Damned, so I'll follow them only through Karshe.

I feel like with different factions in control of the drug-trade, The Syndicate would be more muscle, pushing people about maybe offering "protection" services, performing important killings. My knowledge on this sort of area is limited, but sort of like their own enforcement agency. While the Defias have money and leverage through the goods they steal, the Syndicate are maybe too strong or possibly elusive to be muscled down by the Defias. They may not be in direct opposition, but they essentially offer protection.

But, hey, it's entirely up to you. I just wanted an agency I could manipulate with subtlety, unlike the Burning Blade. That way I have my fingers in Shattrath without simply being able to turn it on itself. It's about manipulation and stuff. -shrug-

I'm still around, but waiting on Lia/Ashok/Istella/Derrekk/Someone! to post, or a few people, so I can justify posting again. :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I think I have an outline for my next post, but it still requires writing. I'll get to work. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'll get a post up in a little bit. Zorback, is it okay if partially GM the leaders of some of the factions? Solely for the purpose of exposition and conversation, of course.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]