A Brave New World (Nation RP OOC 2)

76 Orc Hunter
I'll get a post up in a little bit. Zorback, is it okay if partially GM the leaders of some of the factions? Solely for the purpose of exposition and conversation, of course.

Yeah that's fine!

I'll do a post for Shattrath tonight in the IC, I want everyone to get a feel for the "City of lost souls". But feel free to post before that.

Meep, I like your idea for the Syndicate, I might have to leave soon, but the Syndicate blurb will definently be up tonight!

I think I have an outline for my next post, but it still requires writing. I'll get to work. :)

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

In other news, I dont know if I want to head south into Zangarmarsh, or East into Netherstorm..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So, I'd like approval for a few projects I'm going to start. The first two are pretty straightforward, but the third is a little outlandish (no pun intended).

Now that I have scouts around most of Outland, I was going to begin training and construction of certain specialized units. The first would be a sort of Flamethrower unit, with weapons including various incendiary grenades and a largeish, revamped Shado-pan dragon gun. The armor would be standard plate armor covered with runes of fire protection. These guys would be created in reaction to the growing undead menace, since fire is one of the more effective ways to kill them.

Second would be a unit designed for combat in Zangarmarsh. They would be outfitted with sniper rifles with under-barrel mounted chain saws for cutting through foliage, and a wax covered water tight suit with some scuba gear for breathing.

Finally, I want to build an all terrain light artillery/scouting mechanical unit since the Fel Reavers most likely wouldnt handle well on varied terrain of Blaes Edge or Zangarmarsh.. These would be modeled after the Fen Striders native to Zangarmarsh and would have similar head designs and legs. They would be about as tall as a Fel Reaver but much more agile. The trade for agility would be armor, so it would be utterly destroyed if anyone manages to hit it with anything of about the power of a cannon ball. The weapon would be a lighting rune based just under the "eye" so as to emit an attack similar to the Striders too.

If any of these seem too far fetched, please tell me and I won't add them into my next post.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Now that I have scouts around most of Outland, I was going to begin training and construction of certain specialized units. The first would be a sort of Flamethrower unit, with weapons including various incendiary grenades and a largeish, revamped Shado-pan dragon gun. The armor would be standard plate armor covered with runes of fire protection. These guys would be created in reaction to the growing undead menace, since fire is one of the more effective ways to kill them.

Wouldn't be so sure! We're skeletons! We're all pretty much BONEY-DEAD. Best method of destruction is pretty much brute force! But sure haha. :P It's still up to Zorbak. Seems very high-tech to me, but I guess that's what your nation has been about thus far anyway.

And sure Zorbak. Take your time! :) I figure with Shattrath becoming such a big part of this RP now (which I think is a good idea). I might fill out my actions more and slow my rush straight for assault. It'll give time for people to get involved with Shattrath and stuff. That way, if/when I eventually do attack, it'll be pretty heavily involved by at least a few nations.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Wouldn't be so sure! We're skeletons! We're all pretty much BONEY-DEAD. Best method of destruction is pretty much brute force! But sure haha. :P It's still up to Zorbak. Seems very high-tech to me, but I guess that's what your nation has been about thus far anyway.

Everything burns. Even bone can become ash.
And besides, if fire mages can kill skeletons so can flamethrowers!
Edited by Neltriz on 4/9/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Oh yeah, of course. :P You can melt a glass statue down with enough heat. But that doesn't mean throwing a rock at it isn't much more effective! :P

I'll have to admit though, I really like the idea of modelling things after other things your scouts have seen, adaptive, reactive, it's nice, I like it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Yeah, I probably could just arm people with clubs, but flamethrowers are much cooler.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Alright, post is up. I'm about to get my population stats updated. Since I invested a bit of effort in writing my unit descriptions, Zorbak, I'm going to transcribe it to the post below this so I can use the original page for troop deployments. If you could put that on my nation sheet, that would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
[Heavy Infantry] Hoplites: (200 per cycle)
The Hoplite is a heavily armored monstrosity of a unit: humans wear over one hundred pounds of armor and weaponry when fully equipped. Primary weaponry is as follows. The hoplon shield, a three-and-a-half-foot in diameter iron-bossed shield made of layered plywood: it is extremely tough and can be used as a weapon. A seven-foot longspear with a balancing spike at the opposite end of the point. Secondary weaponry is a single-edged, two-foot-long sword and two javelins.

[Dragoon] Worgen Dragoons:(50 per cycle)
Land is at a premium in the Republic of Man, and as such, cavalry is very hard to come by. To compensate for this, worgen are given leather armor, iron claws, and longbows. They are used as mobile, fast, short-range raiders: squads of Dragoons, often with an officer on horseback, can be found patrolling the land borders of the Republic.

[Artillery] Scorpion: (5 Scorpions and 25 crew per cycle)
As gunpowder ran short during a series of conflicts, the Harbingers began melting down their cannons as scrap and improvised light, wheeled siege engines. The Scorpion is an anti-personnel piece of siege equipment, and uses heavy bolts and incendiary pots. The fact that it is smaller than the average ballista confers two benefits: more ammunition can be carried in the supply train, and it is far more mobile than the average siege engine. Each scorpion is crewed by five artillerymen: while it can be manned by only two, the extra three people provide replacements and increase mobility.

[Medium Infantry] Marines: (100 per cycle)
The Marine Corps. of the Republic of Man was formed for amphibious assaults and boarding actions. They wear hardened leather armor with plates covering strategic locations and use a variety of weapons depending on the situation. Axes, swords, shields, pikes, crossbows, and more, the Marine Corps. is always prepared for any fight it may be called to.

[Light Melee] Sailor: (75 per cycle)
A major part of the Republic's strategy involves dominance over the Inland Sea. These sailors are the ones that make it all happen. They are not particularly well-trained in melee combat, as it is expected that the Marines will be able to handle any boarders. Should things become desparate, each sailor is issued a cutlass before battle just in case.

[Dreadnaught] Hand of Judgement (Fenrir-class): 1
The Hand of Judgement is basically a massive, steam-powered floating gun battery. One of the three ships currently in the Republic navy, this ship was originally built by the dwarven, gnome, and goblin slaves of a marauding band of Kvaldir. After a battle in which three of the five ships the Republic originally had were sunk, the dreadnaught was taken. Over time, as various threats have presented themselves in the chaos following the exodus of Azeroth, the cannons have been replaced by ballistae: powder stores are running low, and without a replacement supply showing itself any time soon, it appears that torsion-powered ammunition is the only way to go. Bolts and incendiary pots, in other words.

[Light Cruiser] Hugin-class: (1 per 2 cycles)
The only two remaining ships of the original Republic navy. After Aeterna was claimed, the Harbingers made contact with a fleeing band of dwarven engineers. Using some of the last remaining stockpiles of metals and lumber, five cruisers were built. These were fast, lightly armored, steam-powered, and packed a surprisingly vicious punch for their size. Unfortunately, like the Hand of Judgement, powder stores are running low and the original cannons have been replaced by heavy ballistae. Plans to find a new source of gunpowder are underway.

[Heavy Aerial] Proto-Drake Squadron: (10 per cycle)
The original proto drake squadrons were lost in the three-way war the Harbingers were embroiled in shortly after their arrival in Outland. Recently, however, the Republic begun raising more proto-drakes and training riders. Each proto drake is unarmored: maneuverability and speed would be adversely affected otherwise, and generally the scales are considered sufficient protection. The riders, on the other hand, wear boiled leather armor; weaponry is a pair of wheel lock pistols and two 12-foot lances. (They don't dual-wield: that would just be silly. The other lance and pistol are spares.) The ratio of Red to Blue to Green is 3:1:1. For every 50 proto drakes, 3 squadrons of 10 will be red, 1 will be blue, and the other will be green.
Edited by Einherrjar on 4/10/2013 7:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Gonna try and get a post up soon.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
Added Syndicate!

Neltz, considering your nation is half Goblin, your tech is fine. I'll see how its implemented.

Added Ein's list!

Also, I just realized I hadn't added Sky to the nation list, whoops.

Gonna try and get a post up soon.

Awesome! Thanks!
Edited by Zorbak on 4/10/2013 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Summary

Research and development begun on Clockwork Fen Striders, 4 posts till completion

Research and development on Flame-trooper unit begun, 3 posts till completion

Research and development on Zangarmarsh trooper unit begun, 2 posts till completion
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I'll probably wait for another post before posting myself, :P I'm not forgetting this thread. But, will probably have to adapt away from 1 post per page since we've shrunk a little, so, I'll get a post up soonish, even if it's purely IC/plot.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Wow I really l lost track of time! Sorry for no posting, I was doing stuff in game and forgot about my poor nation. While I'm preoccupied for basically the rest of tonight, I'll write up a post tomorrow. Sorry about that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
No problemo Derrekk, I just miss your good posts and want to start interacting (sort of) with you, so we'll see.

I'm reaching the PAINFUL half of Uni with regards to assessment, so I may have less time too. Though, I'll be finishing my nations story even if I'm alone here by the end. :P So, having fun reading all your posts and stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Summary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delvarrack complete

Gave everybody a picture of what the soldiers look like

Zangarmarsh unit under development, completed next post

Fire trooper unit under development, 2 posts to completion

Clockwork Fen strider under development, 3 posts to completion
Reply Quote
I've heard no objections to me rejoining, so I suppose I'll go ahead then!
Reply Quote
Just vomited out "What happened between when quit and now" post. I have a fair amount of projects underway, and made a shaman settlement.
Edited by Robert on 4/16/2013 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I may not be able to post until I finish this essay I am writing, so, next week some time. :S :P We'll see.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Sorry about the fact that I'm posting so close together, I was just worried the IC thread might fall to the second page. Nothing special happening, all projects just advanced b one post. Zangarmarsh special forces unit finished, soldiers being trained. Will be added next growth cycle.
Reply Quote
Neltriz, you wouldn't mind me opening diplomatic relations, would you? I'm the only person in zangarmarsh who is actively RPing to my knowledge, and my military was previously decimated, but reorganization will make it a bit more complex.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]