Cognition is a guild dedicated to raiding success. We have been around for
nearly 4 years. Our goal is to progress through all the end game content WoW has
to offer quickly and efficiently while also maintaining a friendly and fun
environment. We will accomplish many great things and are always looking for
players who share the drive in conquering new content. We are a 25 man raiding
guild located on Kil'Jaeden (PVP-PST zone)
We are looking for players who still consider themselves hardcore gamers who
find that the server’s raid guilds and raid times don’t fit their schedule when
having to deal with real life, and family commitments. We organize raids on set
schedules (3 hours per night) and maximizing what we accomplish in a shorter
window (9 hours per week) to allow more time for real life to happen. Thus, we
expect 100% attendance and 110% performance from our raiding core.
1. You must be willing to conduct yourself in a mature, honorable, and
respectful fashion in dealings with other players, especially your guild mates.
2. When not raiding, we expect guild members to do whatever in the game they
like to do. When it comes time to raid, we expect and demand things get serious.
3. Follow orders; if an Officer tells you to jump into a fiery pit of lava, jump
into the fiery pit of lava. If this action causes a wipe, it is the Officer's or
Raid Leader's fault for giving the order, not yours for disobeying it. This is
not to say you cannot disagree with strategy and set forth suggestions, but
strategy is discussed before and after Raids, not during. That time is focused
4. You must know your class and how it fits in a group.
5. Failure to respect the rules set forth in guild raids/groups can result in
your removal from the group and possibly from the guild.
6. You must dedicate yourself to the advancement of guild goals. The good news
is, here, you will have input to those goals as a member. Cognition is led by
Ozymandius and he always listens to members thoughts before setting a direction.
7. While we enjoy having a good time, we expect players to treat raiding with us
like a commitment.
8. Ideally Recruits should have experience with raiding and be working towards
wearing near best-in-slot for their respective experience level. However, the
guild is more concerned with your skill as a player than we are with your
current gear level. Skill 10x > Gear.
9. If you are a returning player with strong raiding experience and a little behind in gear now but want to be in 25 man content in 5.4, this may be a fit for you!
1.If you sign up to a raid, you show up; period. Do not expect to be given
priority over someone who can show more dedication.
2.We use loot council to distribute loot upgrades for main spec then off spec.
3.All loot awarded to guild members will be tracked. The officers have the right
to make sure loot gets distributed to all members.
4.We use MUMBLE for our VOIP application.
For more specifics please see the "About Cognition" Post in the Public section
at our website.
T15 Normal: [12/12] 1/13 Heroic (25man) Throne of Thunder
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday, Monday (optional) clean up (if any)
630pm to 930pm PST (server), 930-1230am EST
Raid invites at 615pm PST (server), 915pm EST
3 DPS: preferred ranged, no hunter or monk
3 Healers: full on druids and mistweaver monk, no shamans at all currently raiding.
Any exceptional player
How to Apply:
http://Cognition.guildlaunch.com (see the ‘Apply to Guild’ link on the right
A meeting will be set up in game or on mumble to discuss applications
Contact Us in Game:
Guild Leader: Ozymandius
Officers: Drunkenfu, Dommi, Mezzulmoxx, Elienari, Phaqfu