Help on troll accents

57 Troll Warrior
So I've noticed this for some time now. Troll rpers would speak in such a thick accent that i have trouble reading what it is that they're saying. They would change the words to something totally different, and you can see lots of apostrophes in their sentence. I personally talk like how Vol'jin and troll npcs would, not straying so far that you cannot understand, but sounding real awesome in the process .

So I'm asking you, is it my fault that i cannot understand what my fellow kinsmen are saying, or is it because they have taken the whole accent thing overboard?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I sometimes RP on this troll and if you want to understand the Zandali language you'd best be going on this page it'll really helps.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Zandali

P.S. You should also check for a good old Zul'Aman or Zul'Gurub tier sets that came back this patch. The drop from the Zandalari on the Isle of Thunder and some parts of the sets are usually on the Auction House for cheap prices (at least on my sever).
Reply Quote
57 Troll Warrior
Well I know about troll rp, and the stuff on the page is the current accent I'm using now. What I meant is an excessive accent. When we're suppose to say it, they say et. Point is they completely change the words their gonna say. It's like another level of troll accent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
They are probably using that god awful tongues addon to accentify their speech instead of doing it their damn selves and using common sense on how far to take it.

If you cannot understand them clearly then they are failing at writers.

No, it's not your fault.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
They are probably using that god awful tongues addon to accentify their speech instead of doing it their damn selves and using common sense on how far to take it.

This! So much this!

I've seen people use this for a dwarven accent before and the results were horrifying to say the least. If people are not going to put forth the effort to use an accent people can understand, they'd be better off not using one at all and just putting something in their MRP about how their character's voice sounds, leaving it up to others to interpret for themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
So I'm asking you, is it my fault that i cannot understand what my fellow kinsmen are saying, or is it because they have taken the whole accent thing overboard?

Once you play a Troll for a long enough period of time, any kind of broken accent becomes at least partially understandable.

If I find a conversation too frustrating, I end up scolding the other person IC for using the crude Orcish tongue instead of Zandali, which my character speaks without any accent.

Et=It isn't too bad from what I've seen. It's when people start taking out massive chunks of words and begin replacing those letters with accents.

I serve the Horde, and will continue to do so until my final breath escapes my lungs.
I be servin' da Horde, an' will continue ta do so until mah final breath be escapin' mah lungs.
I be serv'n de Ho'de, an' will continya ta do so un'il mah final breat' be escapin' mah lun's.
Uh be se'vn de Ho'de, an' will contin'ya ta da suh un'il mah fina' bret' be esk'apin' muh lun's.

I speak using the first line when using Zandali, the second when speaking in Orcish.

I can usually get to the third line before it really starts to bother me.

tl;dr It's not your fault. If you can't understand them, tell them IC or OOC, depending on their preference.
Edited by Volkuza on 3/29/2013 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I once Roleplayed on my Dwarf and was still using my accent on my nelf, it was a very shameful moment...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]