5.3 lock survival nerf battle fatigue -20%

90 Goblin Warlock
It's still going to be less healing.

25% of whatever the PvP power is as healing will not make up for 20% less healing, if that is even the amount, unless you have 100% PvP power, which is not possible.

I don't think locks really needed a nerf, especially to their clunky and unreliable survival mechanics.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
@holinka In patch 5.3 warlock absorbs and healing are going to be affected by the buff to battle fatigue, will there be any compensation?

@Hocuswins Yes your healing will benefit from PvP Power like hybrids

Woot!

Do you have the exact numbers on this? If it's a 20% nerf that stacks multiplicatively with the current Battle Fatigue, but we gain 25% of PvP power for healing, it's still going to be a nerf of 10% to our self healing at 50% PvP power.

Of course, if the 20% increased Battle Fatigue is additive as I suspect, it would take 50% PvP power at 80% benefit to healing to make Battle Fatigue healing neutral.
Edited by Vreivai on 3/31/2013 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Didn't make sense that classes with passive defenses/mitigation (Aspect of the Iron Hawk) were left largely unaffected while those who depend on healing for defense (Warlocks Healthstone, Absorb, etc.) were much more strongly affected.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
In 5.3 battle fatigue is going to nerf our survival cooldowns by 20%, this includes sacrificial pact, twilight ward, darkregen , healthstone and embertap.

My question is are warlocks going to receive compensation for such a huge nerf, perhaps allow warlock heals to scale with pvp power like healers?

no. nonononono

You guys got insane defensive abilities in MoP that were way to ridiculous, you are the tank casters that can turn green health bars into black health bars with the push of a button while tanking and fearing everyone who is ignorant enough to attack you.
Edited by Farskore on 4/1/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
You guys got insane defensive abilities in MoP that were way to ridiculous, you are the tank casters that can turn green health bars into black health bars with the push of a button while tanking and fearing everyone who is ignorant enough to attack you.

Not even close outside of a brief 10 seconds every two minutes. Once again shows how most players are ignorant of MoP warlock mechanics.

Yeah, as some have been saying since battle fatigue was added as a blanket debuff, the design needs to be adjusted based on how much it affects specific classes, particularly ones without a healing spec. It makes zero sense, for example, that warlocks (reliant almost entirely on shields and self-healing cooldowns) to have the same reduction as hunters (reliant primarily on avoidance and control cooldowns, as well as even higher flat damage reduction).

Since warlocks have now fallen to where rogues were last season before their buffs, we'll soon see if the developers know what they're doing.
Edited by Kelvaren on 4/1/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Do you have the exact numbers on this?

@holinka Regarding battle fatigue in 5.3, do you have the exact numbers for the pvp power ---> healing, and does it break even?
@Hocuswins Our goal is to have them the same but please feel free to test on the PTR and let us know
@Hocuswins 75% PvP Power towards healing. 50% reduced healing from Battle Fatigue.
Edited by Hocuspocus on 4/1/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Not even close outside of a brief 10 seconds every two minutes. Once again shows how most players are ignorant of MoP warlock mechanics.

Yeah, as some have been saying since battle fatigue was added as a blanket debuff, the design needs to be adjusted based on how much it affects specific classes, particularly ones without a healing spec. It makes zero sense, for example, that warlocks (reliant almost entirely on shields and self-healing cooldowns) to have the same reduction as hunters (reliant primarily on avoidance and control cooldowns, as well as even higher flat damage reduction).

Since warlocks have now fallen to where rogues were last season before their buffs, we'll soon see if the developers know what they're doing.

You dont seem to notice that warlocks dont die. I cant help you out until you understand your class. I win, you lose.
Reply Quote
He who endures, win. Well, if their buddies will help them out and kill the attacker.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Death Knight

You dont seem to notice that warlocks dont die. I cant help you out until you understand your class. I win, you lose.

Yes, we do.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
04/01/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Hocuspocus
Do you have the exact numbers on this?

@holinka Regarding battle fatigue in 5.3, do you have the exact numbers for the pvp power ---> healing, and does it break even?
@Hocuswins Our goal is to have them the same but please feel free to test on the PTR and let us know
@Hocuswins 75% PvP Power towards healing. 50% reduced healing from Battle Fatigue.

So it's a ~19.64% nerf to self healing of pure DPS classes at 50% PvP power.

Basic math skills really need to be a requirement for Blizzard developers.

Hell, this doesn't even break even for healing specs. In fact, this is a larger nerf to healers than it is to DPS classes. At 50% PvP power, it is a net nerf of ~21.43% to the output of healing specs.

EDIT: NUMBERS ARE WRONG, LOOK AT FOLLOWING POST.
Edited by Vreivai on 4/3/2013 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Ok, I read his actual Twitter post about that, and I misread what you posted. 100% PvP power benefit for healers and 75% PvP power benefit for DPS.

Still doesn't break even, but it's closer.

~14.29% nerf to healing output for healers at 50% PvP power (I'm assuming PvP power is at 50% benefit for healers currently, though I'm not certain of this, and I can't find any info relevant to it. Could someone fact check it for me?)

For DPS it appears to be adequate. <2% nerf at 50% PvP power, breaks even at 53.33% PvP power, and any PvP power beyond that is a buff to healing.
Edited by Vreivai on 4/3/2013 9:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Warlocks use mana. Warlocks also have two specs that have a mechanism to gain mana for health. By using health converted into mana our spells cost more to use but we have the ability to gain more mana. In any team environment that means we can use healers mana for our spells. But when it comes down to it we are wasting their mana just to do damage, unless we ourselves can gain some health in a few ways.

We have a few options for heals. Our tier 1 Dark Regen, Soul Leech, or Harvest life. There is a small heal on Mortal Coil. We also have our healthstone. Drain life is a spell but actually is broken it costs more mana to cast then it gains us in health so if we life tap to replace that mana we actually lose. We also have soul harvest out of combat which replaces 2% every second.

So we are the only class that use health to do damage, and yet we are not compensated for this.

Destruction which is our most useful pvp spec does not use life for mana, and also has a mechanism for turning secondary resources into health. hmmmmm why is it our most useful pvp spec?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Numbers have been updated. 45% Battle Fatigue, 40% of PvP power for pure/Warrior/DK/Priest DPS.

Comes out to ~4.14% nerf at 55% PvP power for all of those mentioned except Shadow Priests. This nerf is the lowest out of all classes/specs.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Numbers have been updated. 45% Battle Fatigue, 40% of PvP power for pure/Warrior/DK/Priest DPS.

Comes out to ~4.14% nerf at 55% PvP power for all of those mentioned except Shadow Priests. This nerf is the lowest out of all classes/specs.

curious how do you calculate the numbers?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/29/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Prison

Hate to bring you to 2013, but lock self heals have been garbage for a good while now.

LOL WHAT!! you must be doing something wrong then. out of every "pure" DPS class you are TOP in self heals.

Pure DPS classes
Warlocks
DKs. if he is in blood spec his self heals will be higher than warlocks (but HORRIBLE damage)
Hunters
Warriors
Rogues
Mages

Hybrid classes
Monks
Shamans
Priests
Paladins
Druids

I dont think u know what pure dps is. Pures = rogues,hunter,mage and warlock.

By your logic shamans would be a pure as well because they only have 1 spec that isn't dps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You know what cracks me up about blizzard? How their actions are always contradicting what they say they want and this is a good example.

""We think burst is out of control"

"We nerf survivability and increase burst"

Gotta love blizzard.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]