blood dk conversion = unkillable in 2v2?

90 Undead Mage
Just did a 30min game which ended in a tie after I was playing Disc priest (me) and Arms warrior in 2v2.

We came across ret/blood dk and after killing the ret in the first 5 minutes of the game the blood dk proceeded to never drop below 90% hp for the rest of the entire match despite having a slightly more geared warrior on him.

the survivability is just absurd and was just sad to sit there for 30minutes not being able to do anything. I fraps'd the whole thing (cbf uploading atm due to poor upload speed).

Just in case I was missing some thing, how do blood dk's die in 2's vs warrior/healer... it just seemed impossible.
Edited by Reythe on 3/29/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
It's a blood DK, whoever he is targeting needs to get out of melee range and LoS him. It'll take a while to kill him. Whenever they summon the ghoul, silence him and try and burst him. He also never killed you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
granted his damage was lower than other dps, the only reason I was living was becuase i was a healer and was able to drink. the fact that after 20mins a class can not only survive but not even drop below 90% hp when an equally geared dps/healer is on him the entire time.... that is braindead

edit: also how am i meant to "los" him while dpsing him while he has 2x death grip, ranged stun, pets and icebound fortitude.
Edited by Reythe on 3/29/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
hey guys just finished work dropping by to say if u got a quick minute just check out my pvp video its about 30 minutes long yea put a lot of work into it its really good so head over to wcm.com and leave a comment yeah cheers thanks jus spreadin the word
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Blood Dk is not a good choice in arena. The only way you win is by killing the opponent not by surviving and giving them a back massage.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Blood Dk is not a good choice in arena. The only way you win is by killing the opponent not by surviving and giving them a back massage.

yea i agree if theres 1 thing we shold take from dis thread its dat we should kill the opponent not giv em a back massage wats that gonna do??? nothin is it????????no.. exactly.. thats why u KILL EM..........
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/29/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Reythe
the survivability is just absurd
It's a Tank spec meant to slay dragons.

Make him blow his IBF/Desecrated Ground and Trinket.

Blood's main mitigation is self healing and physical absorbtion, which is done mostly with Death Strike and the resulting Blood Shield, so tell the Warrior to limit his time in melee range.

Suppress their healing with MS, Burst during a Disarm or Deep Freeze. Conversion + Blood Pres means DoTs don't work but they're susceptible to a properly coordinated CC + Burst.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
We can also take from this thread that some people are just plain stupid, like this guy.

03/29/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Forby

yea i agree if theres 1 thing we shold take from dis thread its dat we should kill the opponent not giv em a back massage wats that gonna do??? nothin is it????????no.. exactly.. thats why u KILL EM..........
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
the survivability is just absurd
It's a Tank spec meant to slay dragons.

Make him blow his IBF/Desecrated Ground and Trinket.

Blood's main mitigation is self healing and physical absorbtion, which is done mostly with Death Strike and the resulting Blood Shield, so tell the Warrior to limit his time in melee range.

Suppress their healing with MS, Burst during a Disarm or Deep Freeze. Conversion + Blood Pres means DoTs don't work but they're susceptible to a properly coordinated CC + Burst.

great its a tank spec, it still shouldn't heal for that much in PvP. we played disc/warr and no matter how much damage we put out he wouldn't drop past 90%. it didnt matter how much CC/stun we put out he didn't drop below 90%.

Your answer is to limit the warriors range, even if the dk didn't use his 2x deathgrips and 1x ranged stun. how will a healer 1v1 a blood dk. I do 5k smites....

his deathgrips make it literally impossible to get away from him so range abusing isn't an option.
Edited by Reythe on 3/29/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you had about the same gear quality as him it wouldn't had been a 30min fight, an arm + disc shouldn't take 30min to kill a blood DK with conversion. Heart strike was nerfed and conversion is second wind
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
well i can tell you now i have the evidence/armory to prove it. it was retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
We can also take from this thread that some people are just plain stupid, like this guy.

Which one? Me or the question mark guy?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
I Think Death Knights Are Fine The Way They Are If You Cant Beat Dem Thats Your Folt. Y.O.L.O
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
any1 knoe how 2 beat a warrior 1v1? blizz buff plz
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Death Grip has a 25 second cooldown, while the second grip can only be used within 3 seconds of the first. Wait 3 seconds or Scream/stun/root + run 6 yards away.

During those 22 seconds, and while Ground, Trinket and IBF are on cooldown, is when you set up ze CC + Swifties.

If you don't break Conversion in that window, you'll have to start over.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Death Grip has a 25 second cooldown, while the second grip can only be used within 3 seconds of the first. Wait 3 seconds or Scream/stun/root + run 6 yards away.

During those 22 seconds, and while Ground, Trinket and IBF are on cooldown, is when you set up ze CC + Swifties.

If you don't break Conversion in that window, you'll have to start over.

THX ADVICE NOW I
AN BEAT WARRIORS
Edited by Isthatowned on 3/29/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
there is no way while cycling AMS, IBF and trinket while waiting every 22seconds you could drop an equally geared DK.
Edited by Reythe on 3/29/2013 11:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
im a DK and i visit the dk FORUM
Reply Quote
5 Pandaren Monk
hi is this monk forum?????Thxz

yolo
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hmm I guess it is troll the DKs day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]