GC addresses NT multi-dotting

100 Gnome Mage
"Shadow and warlocks were too strong in multidot". Nether Tempest says hello. With the difference mages are also OP on ST.

@manuel_mms Keeping an eye on NT. We want mages to have some dot capability, not be a dot class.

Hope it is addressed. Maybe we can get LB cleave back and we won't be a dot class.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Rogue
They'll probably just nerf it by 50% and take the secondary hit away, and give nothing in return

By the way, I thought they buffed bomb damage because it was a fix that wouldn't change the way mages play at all? I guess they were wrong
Edited by Thogderk on 3/31/2013 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL.

This is what you get for doing things on the cheap, Greg. You've painted yourself into a corner, pal. No quickie numbers fix here.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
LOL.

This is what you get for doing things on the cheap, Greg. You've painted yourself into a corner, pal. No quickie numbers fix here.

Nope. No quick fixes! They can't reduce the amount that NT deals (alone) or it will cause an imbalance with the other bombs in single target encounters.

They can revert the bomb buffs of course, but then they'd have to buff us somewhere else because they felt we needed more damage from somewhere.
Edited by Ryegeleye on 3/31/2013 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Almost as thought this quick fix bandaid they tried to throw after nerfing Mages into oblivion in back to back patches didn't work. . . I don't know anyone who would have guessed that could happen. . . except all of us.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
They can revert the bomb buffs of course, but then they'd have to buff us somewhere else because they felt we needed more damage from somewhere.

I would have thought a 20% damage increase to ArcBla/FrBo/FiBa would have been appropriate.
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Lochnarr

I would have thought a 20% damage increase to ArcBla/FrBo/FiBa would have been appropriate.

I would have thought a flat 20% damage increase to all spells then scrapping Tier 90 and giving us some DPS neutral Tier 90 would have been the most effective. . . anyone agree?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
LOL.

quiet fool
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Im pretty sure by this point nearly every mage would agree that ghostcrawler is a joke when it comes to balancing mages he has proven time and time again that he is ineffective he only understand how to change mages every patch thats about it
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I would have thought a flat 20% damage increase to all spells then scrapping Tier 90 and giving us some DPS neutral Tier 90 would have been the most effective. . . anyone agree?

I think all of us would. Though from what Blizzard has said, I think we are stuck with the level 90 talents till 6.0.
Reply Quote
"Shadow and warlocks were too strong in multidot". Nether Tempest says hello. With the difference mages are also OP on ST.

@manuel_mms Keeping an eye on NT. We want mages to have some dot capability, not be a dot class.

Hope it is addressed. Maybe we can get LB cleave back and we won't be a dot class.

The sad thing is that GC said that LB cleave was removed because they felt LB was too compelling/strong for fire mages.

So in typical Blizzard fashion they made LB completely useless. It just really makes you shake your head sometimes.
Reply Quote
Don't fret folks, by August 8th, things will change.
I know that's a good time away, but the sad fact is its going to take these next 2 quarters of sub-loss to make anything change.

And don't discount ANY kind of SNEAKY trick/gimmic to win subs back, far more so than usual.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

*rolls eyes*

These are the same people that said LB cleave had to be removed because too many people were taking LB. My favorite is the MVP parroting that dumb propaganda.

All they will do is nerf NT, wherein everyone will switch back to LB.
Edited by Taymage on 3/31/2013 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

*rolls eyes*

These are the same people that said LB cleave had to be removed because too many people were taking LB. My favorite is the MVP parroting that dumb propaganda.

All they will do is nerf NT, wherein everyone will switch back to LB.

I agree quite a bit, a little too much frankly.

If they see too many mages taking NT, if they see NT being too good, they will simply nerf it.

People will begin using LB more, it will be called a success.

The MVP will also call it a success because it stops NT scaling so much better with haste compared to the other bombs.

The cleave will not be returned. There won't be compensation for nerfing NT because it is a nerf.

Mage damage will be reduced.

Blizzard will say mages are fine and call it a success.
Edited by Rentrenus on 3/31/2013 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

If they see too many mages taking NT, if they see NT being too good, they will simply nerf it.

The MVP will also call it a success because it stops NT scaling so much better with haste compared to the other bombs.

The cleave will not be returned. There won't be compensation for nerfing NT because it is a nerf.

sadly giving how things are run i can probably assume that this will come to pass but heres the deal u take away NT scaling and arcane will go down the pooper yet again the best thing blizzard could do is find someone capable of scaling mages properly
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

sadly giving how things are run i can probably assume that this will come to pass but heres the deal u take away NT scaling and arcane will go down the pooper yet again the best thing blizzard could do is find someone capable of scaling mages properly

Here's my thing: Arcane's damage should be based on its nukes, not the bombs. Arcane should be getting more powerful cause blast and missiles are getting stronger, not because NT is getting stronger.

I seriously think it's quite straightforward now:

Stage 1: Mages are weak
Stage 2: Buff bombs 40%
Stage 3: Bombs are too strong
Stage 4: Nerf bombs 10%, for an overall 30% increase

Stage 5: Blizz says mages are now just right, not too weak, not too strong.

Meanwhile, that shadow priest tweeter keeps his strong dots, good damage, and laughs that blizz listens to anyone that tells them to nerf mages. People in the game have gone from screaming that mages need nerfs to now laughing how pathetic and broken we are.

Why oh why bliz decided to listen to the rambling of the masses is beyond me.
Edited by Rentrenus on 3/31/2013 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Stage 1: Mages are weak
Stage 2: Buff bombs 40%
Stage 3: Bombs are too strong
Stage 4: Nerf bombs 10%, for an overall 30% increase

Stage 5: Blizz says mages are now just right, not too weak, not too strong.

Meanwhile, that shadow priest tweeter keeps his strong dots, good damage, and laughs that blizz listens to anyone that tells them to nerf mages. People in the game have gone from screaming that mages need nerfs to now laughing how pathetic and broken we are.

Why oh why bliz decided to listen to the rambling of the masses is beyond me.

Shadow Word: Pain was nerfed by 25%, leaving it at 93.75% of it's original damage when it was considered too weak. Mage bombs were buffed by an overall 30%. And here you stand declaring yourself broken and pathetic and spriests too strong when there are two shadow priests in the top 10 rankings of ALL ToT encounters, versus the twenty-four mages, of which there is at least one of every single specialization. The most likely conclusion is that you just want to be able to multi-dot as much as multi-dot classes without any compensation on their part, and you aren't playing your class to even a small % of it's potential. Mages aren't weak, you're weak.

Blizzard listens to the "rambling masses" because the alternative of listening to you might make their ears bleed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Mages aren't weak, you're weak.

You have to try and look at things for what they really are to get a feel for where things are going. The bombs issue is only one aspect, what about the fact that they reworked frost bolt to remove its stacking effect, buff up front by 24%, buffed mirror images by a whopping 30%, nerfed pyro, buffed bombs by a whopping 40%...its a bigger picture.

And yet there are a heap of more irritating things in the specs, like retarded level 90 talents, lacklustre aoe's and nukes that are unviable in pvp except when instant cast procs.

How do u think I feel as a fire mage, when I see general buffs that only make frost stronger and simpler, when they are already the dominant spec in pvp. Fire is rare, Arcane is almost non existent and they buffed frost more and nerfed my instant nuke which delivers 40-50% of my damage.

Then you add the stupidity of all this adjustment and modification because they want fire mages to not take fire talents so much, this is what it has come to.

Why shouldn't fire mages just naturally tend to want to take fire talents? If 80% of fire mages take living bomb, could that just mean that those mages like seeing explosions more than sparks or ice?

It gets to a point where in this effort to try and get each talent to 33.33% we have to put up with more and more counterintuitive and banal changes, whilst they put off changing the really pathetic failings of the class/specs.

Edit: I'd just like to add that I already have 3/3 frost glyphs and 5/6 non-fire talents. What more do the maggots at Blizz want? They wont rest until I have no fire talents/glyphs at all, is that it?
Edited by Curioxicity on 4/1/2013 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]