Account Wide Reputation yes or no and why?

33 Night Elf Druid
Seeing as everything is headed account wide do we want account wide reputation gains yes or no and reason why or why not?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
No.

We've already taken enough RPG elements out of this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yes - nobody likes grinding rep on multiple toons.

Or at least make it so the 70 reputations achievement is account-wide progress.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I'm not sure what to make of this one. Sure it would be less grinding and that's great for casuals or people who hate grinding repeatedly.

However, one thing I would take into account is "The Insane" title. I am one of many out there currently working on that title (only neutral with the pirates and hated by Steemwheedle so far) ... This could be VERY BAD for people working on the insane when all of their toons are suddenly hated by the entire Cartel and each toon has to go on a long cloth farming journey per town to get their rep back.
Or if it works the other way around and makes the toon working on the title go back to being in the green with Booty Bay, etc, then what would that do for the Bloodsail rep? Would they have to remove that FoS?

If it ever happened I wouldn't mind not having to grind the panda rep over and over, and if it does, I really hope Blizzard will take all the possible flaws into consideration (such as how it may possibly screw up people working on the insane, just for one example)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Why not just take the most progressed on the account? Lower rep isnt good for anything, so I don't see anyone really wanting that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Why is it needed? MoP has the most friendly system to date, double progress for your alts once your main is high.

Older reps, why do you need to have your alts have those reps? Mounts, titles and pet rewards are already account bound. Recipes to fill out a collection? For vanity transmog? Then a grind should be expected, even though most old factions are easy enough anyway. So you can have an easy port to Black Temple or something?

Seriously, this game is already super alt friendly. Old reps don't have any real use for alts that aren't cosmetic, and current reps are so easy to get on alts with a little bit of work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'm gonna say yes, but only as somebody with 5, soon to be 6, level 90 toons, those rep grinds become unbearable after the 2nd or 3rd time, more specifically golden lotus. i understand why they wanted to gate sp and ac behind gl, but it's really a pain in the !@#, you can only get so much valor a week so i don't see a point in them keeping commendations from stacking or just making MoP rep account wide (with the obvious exception of black prince and spa)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would like to see obsolete reputations made account wide. What I mean by this is any reputation that does not come from the current expansion. This would please me as I could rep grind my remaining reps using any toon, while it would still protect the current reps and the gear gating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/02/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Ryken
Why is it needed? MoP has the most friendly system to date, double progress for your alts once your main is high.

This shouldve been implemented many expansions ago.

Older reps, why do you need to have your alts have those reps? Mounts, titles and pet rewards are already account bound. Recipes to fill out a collection? For vanity transmog? Then a grind should be expected, even though most old factions are easy enough anyway. So you can have an easy port to Black Temple or something?

sure, why not to all those things?

Seriously, this game is already super alt friendly. Old reps don't have any real use for alts that aren't cosmetic, and current reps are so easy to get on alts with a little bit of work.

Not everyone has the time to grind out current reps on multiple characters. Is there really any harm in having them all spread across bnet accounts?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
04/03/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Namhcir

This shouldve been implemented many expansions ago.

sure, why not to all those things?

Not everyone has the time to grind out current reps on multiple characters. Is there really any harm in having them all spread across bnet accounts?

Once again catering to the "I don't want to do it so we shouldn't" crowd that's burning people out of the game faster than ever.

Game is an RPG.
We're losing character progression more and more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The only rep aspect I think should be changed is total # of exalteds. Make it work similar to the guild achievement where there is a checklist. Don't make all characters have the same rep progress. Don't change the Insane. Just make it so you total # of factions you have earned exalted with is the correct number that you have earned on your account not just one character (I hated having to go back and get MoP reps on my dk I never play simply because he had the majority of my reps in order to get the Beloved.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

Once again catering to the "I don't want to do it so we shouldn't" crowd that's burning people out of the game faster than ever.

Game is an RPG.

I've been around since original beta and raided up until cata in high end guilds. This game isn't what it used to be, we need to accept that. The game is an RPG, yes, but the current theme is that everything is account-wide from mounts to titles for the most part. Why not include reps in there?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The game is an RPG, yes, but the current theme is that everything is account-wide from mounts to titles for the most part. Why not include reps in there?

Remember when account bound mounts were introduced and everyone in this forum was rejoicing? Remember the people who said it will start the slippery slope of everyone expecting everything to be account bound and the majority of forum regulars saying they were being ridiculous? Here it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
04/03/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Yukio
The game is an RPG, yes, but the current theme is that everything is account-wide from mounts to titles for the most part. Why not include reps in there?

Remember when account bound mounts were introduced and everyone in this forum was rejoicing? Remember the people who said it will start the slippery slope of everyone expecting everything to be account bound and the majority of forum regulars saying they were being ridiculous? Here it is.

Oh no! the forum regulars you say?!?!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I personally would not want reps to be account wide. That being said, I wish there were better ways to acquire reps on alts (for MoP). I know they added a small daily gain to doing a dungeon and a scenario. And I'm grateful for that. I just didn't like the daily model.

I know they did it to get people out into the world and to prolong content. I personally did not like that method of rep gain.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Id
No. I hate to sound elitist when I say this but come on... Blizz literally handed rep on a plate to people during this xpac. I doubt anyone remembers rep grinding back in Vanilla/TBC.

Here's a question, what feels more rewarding? When you get something accomplished that takes no effort or when you complete a goal that took a hefty amount of time and investment to obtain?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Certain reps I honestly wouldn't mind(primarily city reps and vanity reps), however when it comes to reps that have valor gear(like everyone wants) i'll say a big hell no. Cata gearing and even Wrath for the most part were far too easy for alts.

I like actually doing something on my alts and not just have my main log in and do everything for them because you know....that's why you have a main and that's why you have alts. Mains are there to work on the most where as alts have always been(other than cata) something you work on when you're bored of your main, regrinding reps on alts and all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It'd be nice if those rep tabards made a small comeback, but making them Account-Bound and purchaceable from rep vendors at exalted. It'd make the grind a bit easier for alts for valor gear access, although it may make the reps that have quests tied in with them (like Dominance Offensive storyline quests) become a little wonky.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Game is an RPG.

I've been around since original beta and raided up until cata in high end guilds. This game isn't what it used to be, we need to accept that. The game is an RPG, yes, but the current theme is that everything is account-wide from mounts to titles for the most part. Why not include reps in there?

And because the game isn't what it used to be the game is losing what it should and was intended to be because of this crap mentality of "now" and "it's my account not my character in an RPG."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]