Monk DPS

100 Tauren Hunter
I was just wondering why all the complaints about monk dps when hey are sim top 3 spots in t15 heroic gear. Is is because people don't have full t15 and that's is why? If someone can share there own experience as far as damage is going would great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Tell me this, how long is it until the majority of WW monks get in full BiS gear this tier. It's all about that trinket we were supposedly nerfed around man.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Never heard anyone complain about dps O.o. I use to complain about our consistent dps in PvP, because consistency doesn't kill burst does but that's been fixed =P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
<3 monk dps
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because SimC ilvl 535 sims aren't reality, they are just a theory.

According to that theory, we should be okay in 535 gear.

The reality though is that we're not in 535 gear and we're not okay.

We're not the absolute worst dps spec, but we ARE the absolute worst dps class. All the specs weaker than us have alternative specs within that class they can play instead (Slight exception: shamans, because they need different gear to play their other spec). In addition to doing worse dps than other people, we also bring less utility (no banners, no smoke bombs, no stormlash, etc)

The real problem though is that we compete directly with rogues (as a leather melee dps) for a raid spot, and they do ridiculous damage and have great utility.

The only reason to bring a windwalker to a raid is if you don't have a rogue who is almost as good.
Edited by Janxspirit on 3/29/2013 7:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
03/29/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Rakunar
sim top 3 spots in t15 heroic gear

Would you mind giving a link for this? Not being snarky, just interested =D
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
i agree with all of this. unfortunatly, I've heard this argument before. It was back with the Paladin.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I do more dps than my entire guild on most nights.

As brewmaster.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Monk
I do more dps than my entire guild on most nights.

As brewmaster.

Ding ding ding ding. Brewmaster is new Monk DPS spec. Windwalker spec removed from game. Brewmaster is still tank.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you don't have a 500+iLevel weapon, your took a considerable nerf with 5.2.

I had a 489 and 483, both fully upgraded, fist weapons after 5.2 and my dps dropped like 19k. Got his polearm and now I'm back over 100k easily.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Never heard anyone complain about dps O.o. I use to complain about our consistent dps in PvP, because consistency doesn't kill burst does but that's been fixed =P

but yeah i just read this and you should quit your monk
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Our burst is not fixed. Sorry to be the one to inform you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
lol burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
03/29/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Rakunar
sim

/thread
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
If you don't have a 500+iLevel weapon, your took a considerable nerf with 5.2.

I had a 489 and 483, both fully upgraded, fist weapons after 5.2 and my dps dropped like 19k. Got his polearm and now I'm back over 100k easily.

I had good gear going into 5.2 and it was still a nerf.

I haven't frankly done much with my WW since I got my current upgrades, because I'm fairly certain it' still not fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
sim

/thread
but on a serious note:

WW dps IS lower but if we would've stayed at the current tiger stance we had in 5.1 we would be out of control.

If the 10% buff on the ptr stays.. We might be better off. Who knows?
Edited by Serenita on 3/31/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Monk
03/31/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Serenita

/thread
but on a serious note:

WW dps IS lower but if we would've stayed at the current tiger stance we had in 5.1 we would be out of control.

If the 10% buff on the ptr stays.. We might be better off. Who knows?

It's already been reverted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It's already been reverted.
Lame.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Too many baddies who can't dps, or too many people trying to cling onto the almost never using FoF method of 5.1. Good monks are hard to beat dps-wise, with the exception of maybe 2-3 other dps. We are actually near the top of dps according to real world logs. Sure there are a few other classes and spec that top DPS much easier but that will change like it always does. Just remember Blizzard is taking it slow with monks because they don't want another DK fiscal. When it comes to pvp the way our class operates we are pretty screwed. But in PVE we are up there with the others, maybe not top but far from bottom.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Too many baddies who can't dps, or too many people trying to cling onto the almost never using FoF method of 5.1. Good monks are hard to beat dps-wise, with the exception of maybe 2-3 other dps. We are actually near the top of dps according to real world logs. Sure there are a few other classes and spec that top DPS much easier but that will change like it always does. Just remember Blizzard is taking it slow with monks because they don't want another DK fiscal. When it comes to pvp the way our class operates we are pretty screwed. But in PVE we are up there with the others, maybe not top but far from bottom.

Here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag5igfxuau12wnb/sum/damageDone/?s=766&e=948
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag5igfxuau12wnb/sum/damageDone/?s=3793&e=4380

Since you're only killing two normal mode bosses, these are our two most recent kills on those bosses.

For Jinrok, your dps would be below every mainspec dps on our run, the exception being a woefully undergeared spriest who normally heals but goes dps when we've got funky comps. We have 2 10m groups so comps and tank/dps/healer ratios can be a bit off sometimes.

For Horridon you'd be below everyone but the tanks.

Allow me to pay you a backhanded compliment: You may be one of the less-bad players in your guild.

But honestly you're not amazing or anything, and your dps really isn't that good, in fact it's pretty mediocre. Jinrok for instance could be easily explained by standing in more pools, for longer, than the rest of your guild.

Good anything are hard to beat. Class disparities usually don't manifest in significant ways until higher levels of play. For you to come in here and call people "baddies" because you think your DPS is awesome and you think you've got the reasons for people's low DPS pegged without ever having spoken to them is ridiculous. My guild isn't the best guild ever, or even on the server, we're not amazing players, but a lot of us are pretty good, and you're nothing special and you don't know anything special and you haven't figured out the magic reason for WW dps being low.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]