Monk DPS

90 Orc Monk
Monk dps was "right" the moment 5.2 was released (however I think some classes are too strong currently such as rogues and survival hunters).

A day and hotfix later and windwalker's became a second-rate primary dps spec.

It's also time for people to stop touting the whole being balanced around the re-origination trinket. There are a number of monks that have this and it hasn't magically made them top of line dps.
- See this chap's thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8518572565

As a community we need to become more vocal - I don't consider windwalkers as the most difficult spec to play in terms of rotation knowledge; however this is weighed against windwalkers likely being the most frenetic leaving windwalkers as one of the harder dps specs out there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
LOL What burst? (searches bars for burst button) I still don't see it? (Watches dps in dungeons and raids) I STILL don't see it? What you mean breh?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/31/2013 09:31 PMPosted by Pinuppanda
Too many baddies who can't dps, or too many people trying to cling onto the almost never using FoF method of 5.1. Good monks are hard to beat dps-wise, with the exception of maybe 2-3 other dps. We are actually near the top of dps according to real world logs. Sure there are a few other classes and spec that top DPS much easier but that will change like it always does. Just remember Blizzard is taking it slow with monks because they don't want another DK fiscal. When it comes to pvp the way our class operates we are pretty screwed. But in PVE we are up there with the others, maybe not top but far from bottom.

Here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag5igfxuau12wnb/sum/damageDone/?s=766&e=948
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag5igfxuau12wnb/sum/damageDone/?s=3793&e=4380

Since you're only killing two normal mode bosses, these are our two most recent kills on those bosses.

For Jinrok, your dps would be below every mainspec dps on our run, the exception being a woefully undergeared spriest who normally heals but goes dps when we've got funky comps. We have 2 10m groups so comps and tank/dps/healer ratios can be a bit off sometimes.

For Horridon you'd be below everyone but the tanks.

Allow me to pay you a backhanded compliment: You may be one of the less-bad players in your guild.

But honestly you're not amazing or anything, and your dps really isn't that good, in fact it's pretty mediocre. Jinrok for instance could be easily explained by standing in more pools, for longer, than the rest of your guild.

Good anything are hard to beat. Class disparities usually don't manifest in significant ways until higher levels of play. For you to come in here and call people "baddies" because you think your DPS is awesome and you think you've got the reasons for people's low DPS pegged without ever having spoken to them is ridiculous. My guild isn't the best guild ever, or even on the server, we're not amazing players, but a lot of us are pretty good, and you're nothing special and you don't know anything special and you haven't figured out the magic reason for WW dps being low.

Logic'd
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I really don't have a problem with WW dps. I mainspecc tank, and don't dps all the time, but i pull 119k or so on the boss level target dummy (496), haven't tested my raid dps since i got my new gear drops. Before, however, pre 490 i was pulling near 100k(this was with a normal mode gara'kal offhand, most of the difference). I like where WW is right now, but I'm no hardcore, I know i'm not the greatest of players.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
03/31/2013 09:31 PMPosted by Pinuppanda
Too many baddies who can't dps, or too many people trying to cling onto the almost never using FoF method of 5.1. Good monks are hard to beat dps-wise, with the exception of maybe 2-3 other dps. We are actually near the top of dps according to real world logs. Sure there are a few other classes and spec that top DPS much easier but that will change like it always does. Just remember Blizzard is taking it slow with monks because they don't want another DK fiscal. When it comes to pvp the way our class operates we are pretty screwed. But in PVE we are up there with the others, maybe not top but far from bottom.

Here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag5igfxuau12wnb/sum/damageDone/?s=766&e=948
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5ag5igfxuau12wnb/sum/damageDone/?s=3793&e=4380

Since you're only killing two normal mode bosses, these are our two most recent kills on those bosses.

For Jinrok, your dps would be below every mainspec dps on our run, the exception being a woefully undergeared spriest who normally heals but goes dps when we've got funky comps. We have 2 10m groups so comps and tank/dps/healer ratios can be a bit off sometimes.

For Horridon you'd be below everyone but the tanks.

Allow me to pay you a backhanded compliment: You may be one of the less-bad players in your guild.

But honestly you're not amazing or anything, and your dps really isn't that good, in fact it's pretty mediocre. Jinrok for instance could be easily explained by standing in more pools, for longer, than the rest of your guild.

Good anything are hard to beat. Class disparities usually don't manifest in significant ways until higher levels of play. For you to come in here and call people "baddies" because you think your DPS is awesome and you think you've got the reasons for people's low DPS pegged without ever having spoken to them is ridiculous. My guild isn't the best guild ever, or even on the server, we're not amazing players, but a lot of us are pretty good, and you're nothing special and you don't know anything special and you haven't figured out the magic reason for WW dps being low.

That's cute, but after looking at the people in your logs gear its understandable that my DPS is lower than theirs in my guilds logs. I mean best I saw was a 6 ilvl difference (not counting your spriest). For my ilvl I would say my dps is not mediocre by far, especially considering I am only a few k dps away from some monks in gear closer to your raids ilvls. I find it funny you went to so much effort to try and make my post seem ignorant when you compared it to significantly better geared dps. Ironically, the shadow priest of yours is closer to my gear level. I mean I could go scrounge up some 520+ logs and make your guys look sad too. But I rather dig up an older 1st boss log when I was sub 500 ilvl for the sake of comparing with your lowest dps.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4rstopv2nc68r4up/sum/damageDone/?s=2771&e=3125

How about you look at stuff like raidbots.com and actually see where WW are in terms of dps. Like I said before we are not top but we are not bottom either, we are up there with the pack. When it comes to melee dps we are smack dab in the middle. Also if you really want to get into the whole epeen deal we can do that too.

My last log has me in 84th percentile of monk dps 10 normal which isn't huge or godly (never said I was) but its well above average. And it will go up as my gear gets better. If you would like when I catch up in gear we can compare again and see where I rank then. You didn't show me monks being in some terrible place with your logs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
04/02/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Qinling
We are actually near the top of dps according to real world logs.

04/02/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Qinling
How about you look at stuff like raidbots.com and actually see where WW are in terms of dps. Like I said before we are not top but we are not bottom either,

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the only reason the other poster went on a tangent was because you said

Too many baddies who can't dps
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
04/02/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Rowan
We are actually near the top of dps according to real world logs.

How about you look at stuff like raidbots.com and actually see where WW are in terms of dps. Like I said before we are not top but we are not bottom either,

Anyways, I'm pretty sure the only reason the other poster went on a tangent was because you said

Too many baddies who can't dps

Probably right. I just didn't like someone trying to say I am a baddie by comparing my logs to theirs which are much better geared.

Back on topic though, sure we aren't the best in terms of dps we do bring some nice utility to the table. We have a very unique and reliable cleave (SEF) we also have our cheat code to ignoring some boss mechanics (ToK) which eases pressure on heals compared to some of the other melee choices. We are highly mobile (more so than a few of the melee dps). Overall a good WW monk can bring a lot to the table for a raid and not be a waste of a dps slot. I look forward to seeing what 5.3 brings I am sure it will be a small buff, that or others will receive some nerf. It is still early into the tier and 5.2 so only time will tell.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
04/02/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Qinling

Probably right. I just didn't like someone trying to say I am a baddie by comparing my logs to theirs which are much better geared.

Back on topic though, sure we aren't the best in terms of dps we do bring some nice utility to the table. We have a very unique and reliable cleave (SEF) we also have our cheat code to ignoring some boss mechanics (ToK) which eases pressure on heals compared to some of the other melee choices. We are highly mobile (more so than a few of the melee dps). Overall a good WW monk can bring a lot to the table for a raid and not be a waste of a dps slot. I look forward to seeing what 5.3 brings I am sure it will be a small buff, that or others will receive some nerf. It is still early into the tier and 5.2 so only time will tell.

If you don't even know when there's something wrong with your class then you -are- a baddie.

I know everything WW brings to the table. Our kit isn't the issue, it's the fact that our damage was gutted and we were given a gimmicky cleave to compensate, that's the issue. All across the internet, WW monks that used to be one of their guild's top DPS are telling you "I used to be one of our top DPS, now my DPS is way way lower than everyone else's" and you're just not listening. I'm glad for you that in your own private corner of badtopia you can shine as some kinda william wallace to these people, but I really don't care. The spec has serious issues, issues that weren't present in 5.1, and people like you spouting off about how WW is "fine" are half the problem.

And I mean really, really, what's really annoying about you is that you come in here with the sheer unabashed audacity to generically slam pretty much anyone who's ever complained about WW DPS in 5.2 and call them baddies, and act like you've got them all universally pegged as holding on to some ideology that most of them probably didn't subscribe to, that's really what warranted the response you got. If you weren't coming in here acting like the biggest piece of tosser trash this side of clueless we wouldn't have had an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

If you don't even know when there's something wrong with your class then you -are- a baddie.

I know everything WW brings to the table. Our kit isn't the issue, it's the fact that our damage was gutted and we were given a gimmicky cleave to compensate, that's the issue. All across the internet, WW monks that used to be one of their guild's top DPS are telling you "I used to be one of our top DPS, now my DPS is way way lower than everyone else's" and you're just not listening. I'm glad for you that in your own private corner of badtopia you can shine as some kinda william wallace to these people, but I really don't care. The spec has serious issues, issues that weren't present in 5.1, and people like you spouting off about how WW is "fine" are half the problem.

And I mean really, really, what's really annoying about you is that you come in here with the sheer unabashed audacity to generically slam pretty much anyone who's ever complained about WW DPS in 5.2 and call them baddies, and act like you've got them all universally pegged as holding on to some ideology that most of them probably didn't subscribe to, that's really what warranted the response you got. If you weren't coming in here acting like the biggest piece of tosser trash this side of clueless we wouldn't have had an issue.

God forbid people disagree. WW DPS is fine. L2P.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

God forbid people disagree. WW DPS is fine. L2P.

God forbid you have any experience or evidence to back up your nonsense.

Also really sick of people pointing at Noxxic and Raidbots like they're the end-all-be-all of class balance. GC has explicitly stated on several occasions that he doesn't put any stock in those and that they have no bearing on how classes are balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
What spec do you raid in?

Fyi I don't even think those websites refer to themselves that way. So not sure who told you that but they're retarded.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk

Fyi I don't even think those websites refer to themselves that way. So not sure who told you that but they're retarded.

I raid in both, but due to comp issues my time spent as DPS this tier has been limited, and a good deal of it hasn't been logged. Though you're welcome to look up the countless fights that were logged last tier. I'm fairly confident that I've played my DPS spec despite being a mainspec tank more than you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

I raid in both, but due to comp issues my time spent as DPS this tier has been limited, and a good deal of it hasn't been logged. Though you're welcome to look up the countless fights that were logged last tier. I'm fairly confident that I've played my DPS spec despite being a mainspec tank more than you.

Maybe you have maybe you haven't, it would take too long to figure out and frankly I don't care. In fights where lust is used off the bat I stay competitive near the middle and work my way up during the fight. I just don't see the problem when we're comparing like gear dps. In LFR I've always been high. Yea "its just lfr nooblolol" except the fact that heroic ToT isn't the only pve there is in this game. And comparing the

Maybe you have maybe you haven't, it would take too long to figure out and frankly I don't care. In fights where lust is used off the bat I stay competitive near the middle and work my way up during the fight. I just don't see the problem when we're comparing like gear dps. In LFR I've always been high. Yea "its just lfr nooblolol" except the fact that heroic ToT isn't the only pve and its still comparing dps kf that tier with each other. And I do strong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Whoa phone typing is hard
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

What about this log...
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zyhlegcnfi63gp4n/sum/damageDone/?s=3059&e=3663

Its pretty pitiful, in fact when looking at it. You didn't RSK enough, not enough FoF, and definitely not enough Chi Wave. Your dps is below even my guilds tanks on horridon. You did get more dps then our Disc priest should make you happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
04/02/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Qinling
Your dps is below even my guilds tanks on horridon.

Your tank beat everyone in your guild so you must all be bad.

But please lets all keep flaming each other.
Edited by Rowan on 4/2/2013 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Pinuppanda just likes talking down to people.

He/she is mad, wants buffs, and will talk trash to/about anyone opposed to wanting buffs.

Not the first time I've seen Pinup rage/condescend, won't be the last.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
My issue with monk dps isn't how much we do, its what we have to do to get it.

A gimmicky trinket, 4pc tier bonus, and the best possible weapons we can get. That's a lot of boss kills, a lot of progression, and a lot of luck for drops/dkp or ep hoarding/or kindly loot council members to get it. When we do get it, our dps is great.

But until then? We're painfully subpar. We struggle to keep up with other dps, and we bring no raid utility. If you're in a guild that is progression-focused and wants to advance as quickly as possible, a Windwalker without the above can be easily replaced with another class for the benefit of the raid. THAT is the problem.

Also having your dps center around an unpredictable (I loathe PPM trinkets) gimmick blows.
Edited by Tigercrane on 4/2/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]