2 hander vs DW frost

90 Human Death Knight
I see on noxxic that 2 hander has a tad bit higher dps, however I was just wondering, is the play style the same but just different weapons? I would experiment but I don't have the gold to do all the spec changes etc. So...are they? and if so, which do YOU guys find more fun?

I don't care honestly about which pulls slightly better numbers...I go for the one I enjoy, and by doing so I'll master that spec and make it pull stronger even if it is the underdog.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The playstyle is not the same. Im new to it, but I found two handed dps to be really boring. I dont actually know how it works at your level, since you dont even have your mastery yet but from what I understand dual wield does not use obliterate (there is a small exception here) it uses its frost and death runes on howling blast, making sure not to cap runic power and using killing machine procs on frost strike.

For two handed frost, you use your runes as they come up on obliterate. Both styles keep diseases up, always.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Don't use Noxxic.

The main difference is whether you spam Obliterate or Howling Blast.
I like DW more, but 2h has a slightly easier priority system, I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks everyone for your replies. I understand now after reading the sticky, just a little lost on when to actually use obliterate on DW. The sticky says when you have to unholy runes...sounds the same as 2 hander except for killing machine proc. however...I see al ot of people saying don't use noxxic. How come? It was so easy to read :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Use Icy-veins, it's has even more information, such as both 2 hander and DW rotation, as well as how to use them.

It is also just as easy to read.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks everyone for your replies. I understand now after reading the sticky, just a little lost on when to actually use obliterate on DW. The sticky says when you have to unholy runes...sounds the same as 2 hander except for killing machine proc. however...I see al ot of people saying don't use noxxic. How come? It was so easy to read :(

Use oblit when it procs and nothing else is proc'ed.

As for noxxic, I personally like the site. It's a good reference for basic information such as gems and enchants and stat priorities in an easy layout. A lot of people don't like the site because that site says one thing, another site says another thing, and some people are so hard headed into thinking that there is only one way to play the game.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
03/29/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Jagatron

As for noxxic, I personally like the site. It's a good reference for basic information such as gems and enchants and stat priorities in an easy layout. A lot of people don't like the site because that site says one thing, another site says another thing, and some people are so hard headed into thinking that there is only one way to play the game.
moreso because noxxic is like wikipedia and anyone can put whatever they feel like down and people will expect it to be true.
noxxic is frequently eiether outdated or just flat out wrong
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/29/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Jagatron

Noxxic uses outdated information. Some of their "guides" for specs are still using 5.0 priorities.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Another problem of Noxxic (in my opinion) is that they always tell you, for example : "For a Frost DK, take this talent, it's the best." whereas sites like icy-veins will tell each talent's strengths and weaknesses, then make a recommendation. Unless a talent is truly superior, in which case they will explain you how and why they are superior.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Depends on If you're using blood tap or runic empowerment.

From what you posted earlier it sounds like you're using RE so you'd always want to spend one unholy rune, but never both so that your frost strikes will only game frost and death runes. So basically you'd want to use that 1 UH rune on plague strike if outbreak is on cd and blood plague has less than 3 seconds left. If blood plague is fine, you'd use it on death and decay. If blood plague is okay, and DnD is on cooldown, then you'd use obliterate.

Basically.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]