Server Transfer

90 Night Elf Druid
Looking into transferring servers (about sick of getting ganked/overrun on a Horde-dominant PvP server), and was just wondering how this server is. I made a level 1 and checked out the economy, and also met a few friendly, informative people, but I wanted to make doubly sure before I made the jump.

I've got a 504 boomy with resto OS, and a 490 prot war, and will most likely be looking for a casual raiding guild (scheduling issues prevent me from being a core raider in a more serious group). I'll BG sometimes to mix it up, and am always up for world bosses. My questions:

-Will I have any trouble finding a group each week to down Oon and Gal?
-How does Alliance fare in BGs in this battlegroup?
-Any guilds out there interested in having one or both of my toons join?
-How are queue times for LFR?
-Anything else in general I should know/be wary of before I transfer?

Thanks all!
Edited by Daedelus on 3/30/2013 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Looking into transferring servers (about sick of getting ganked/overrun on a Horde-dominant PvP server), and was just wondering how this server is. I made a level 1 and checked out the economy, and also met a few friendly, informative people, but I wanted to make doubly sure before I made the jump.

I've got a 504 boomy with resto OS, and a 490 prot war, and will most likely be looking for a casual raiding guild (scheduling issues prevent me from being a core raider in a more serious group). I'll BG sometimes to mix it up, and am always up for world bosses. My questions:

-Will I have any trouble finding a group each week to down Oon and Gal?
-How does Alliance fare in BGs in this battlegroup?
-Any guilds out there interested in having one or both of my toons join?
-How are queue times for LFR?
-Anything else in general I should know/be wary of before I transfer?

Thanks all!

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding groups for downing world bosses.
Don't know about the BG's, since I don't PvP much.
There are always guilds looking for new players (including mine).
Queue times for LFR are great...if you have a healer to queue with. ;-) Honestly I don't think LFR queue times vary that much based on realm. If you're dps, you're always going to have a long queue.

I can't think of anything about Kilrogg specifically that jumps out as anything to "watch out" for. It's an old realm, pretty stable and with a lot of people who've been playing for a long time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I find the player base to be pretty friendly overall, and it always seems like there is a group up to kill world bosses, so that's not really an issue.

As far as random BGs, alliance has it a bit rougher than horde at the moment. The win/loss ratio I have encountered in randoms is roughly 50/50, but the bad loss streaks are noticeably higher than previous seasons. Lots of botting going on on both sides too.

I'm sure you know this already, but try and make some friends. Abdalrahim in the Wolves guild is probably one of the friendliest guys on the server and can probably tell you about its history (and actually I kinda think he's very proud of his history on the server) xD

Good luck on whatever you decide!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'm also looking for a new realm to reroll on, and if I found the right realm I might actually scrape up the cash to transfer this toon and one or two others.

I've actually got a toon on each faction on this server I've been lurking from but trade is so quiet on both sides at the times I've been on so far I can't seem to get a feel for things, and of course CRZ screws up the other zones.

I'm far more interested in the raiding. My current realm is so dead no one pugs at all. People got so frustrated with the 5.0 grind few have bothered with alts, which reduces available players to raid with even more. And my last guild is in the process of falling apart because there's almost no one to recruit or even raid ready to pug if someone doesn't show because the guild raids late night. A couple of the others are so frustrated there's a chance they will consider transferring as well if I found a realm to recommend.

So far I'm not noticing anything in trade other than the usual Sha/Galleon/Oondasta groups. Does pugging occur at all? And how do the raid guilds typically recruit if they're looking for more?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]