Green fire downfall

90 Goblin Rogue
So after hundreds of attempts to get the tome ...

I have seen it in my window 2 times once going to a priest and once going to a d/k ...
They had no issues trying to sell it in general chat ...
Pretty sad ... quest when you spend hours just trying to get it ... and then you watch as it goes to a different class ...
not to mention how many rare mobs vanished before i could loot them ...because of of the amount of people camping rares ...
very disappointed to say the least ...

blizz wanted to get more people playing warlocks they suire have a funny way of doing this ..
my lock was the first tune I made some years ago ..

now with the affl.. nerfs which is a very noticable drop in dps ...
and this goofy awful quest line ....

And what about seeds ..they are the worst aoe in the game ....
used to be fun ...not no more ..
some where blizz forgot ..the difference between dps class only and other classes ..
which there are 3 of ..

hmmmm ...anybody see where this is going ...could make a really long thread on this ...

anyways ..done getting my hopes up on this lousy quest line ..not fun at all

oh ye ...thought this dropped from all the mobs not just rare ...
i believe that to be very false......

Update ...

it is also so much fun watching other locks get it for the second and third times ....
Still the LAMEST quest in the game right now...

No beginning can only mean no end....
Edited by Nightschill on 3/30/2013 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Rogues get green fire too? Man, everyone is sweating the mt dew flames
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Only warlocks are able to loot the tome, so you've never seen a priest or DK loot it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Well.... I am sorry to say.... Oh well?
That's... What you get... Also you've been playing for... years and don't know it's a Toon?
Protip: You can buy it too. And how is it an... Azzbackwards quest if you haven't even started it? No one cares about your reroll green fire character.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
yes i did see them get it and was on my lock learn how to read please ... had friends there that seen it also
Edited by Nightschill on 3/30/2013 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
yes i did see them get it and was on my lock learn how to read please ... had friends there that seen it also

Again...only locks can loot it. You saw wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
03/30/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Sessila

Again...only locks can loot it. You saw wrong.

no i did not ....
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
so i am sitting here playing ...
i was soloing a rare a lock walks up when its almost dead and gets the tome ...i hate this !@#$ ...

20 minutes later a pali gets it ...
he's sitting here spamming to sell it in trade ....
my lock should have gotten this by now ...

totally unfair quest line ...

the drop is the worst in the game ...

why do blacksmiths not have to wait for there drop ????????

blizzz this is the worst quest ever .....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
worst quest....

omg.... why do i have to work for a cosmetic change bliz???????

Please, be quiet. You don't need a damn particle change on your spells, and we certainly don't want to see your qqing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
If you're seeing a pally sell it in trade/general, there are two possibilities:

1: They're trolling you good.

2: They're using an alt to sell it. As you might imagine, tome farming warlocks aren't very well loved among those that haven't gotten their first tome to drop. They're likely trying to avoid being excluded from rare groups and receiving information on rare spawns. Or if they're simply the sensitive delicate flower type, they're trying to stay more likeable.

Neither scenario involves a pally looting the tome. That doesn't happen.
Edited by Backslider on 4/1/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Confirmed...long time ago, many times. Only a Warlock can loot it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
no i did not ....

Yes you did. Only Warlocks can loot it. You were trolled.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just to clarify a little bit. Only warlocks can loot the tome but you can send the tome to another char.

Any class can hold the tome but not loot it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
OP is a bs'er only locks can see it and loot it. once it is the inventory they can do with it as they please so If another class has it, a lock looted it and gave it to them... Which is retarded...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Whisper the guy in trade. Barter a bit with him. Pay him. Begin quest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

This was in patch 5.1 when the tome was aquireable but the quest was not. In patch 5.2 i believe they made it so only WARLOCKS (not DK's or Priests) can even see the tome.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
04/02/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Lezar

This was in patch 5.1 when the tome was aquireable but the quest was not. In patch 5.2 i believe they made it so only WARLOCKS (not DK's or Priests) can even see the tome.

THIS. ..

NO class but a warlock can see or loot the tome. It is the same as the Tome of Dinomancy.

The only way another class can have the tome, is if a Lock gives it to them...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
As others have said.. It is utterly impossible for any class aside from locks to see, touch or even smell the tome.

Look on any AH, only locks selling the tome..

You may have "thought" you saw a dk and priest get it.. But they didn't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]