MPPM: Spectral Porcupette

85 Blood Elf Warlock
I really love the looks of this little guy and while I understand how tough it is for some people to get the elites down, I geared up my hunter just for the this type of pet collecting so I was able to nab one without too much trouble.

With LFR I'll be able to keep my hunter geared enough to hopefully keep up enough to do these type of pet huntings.

Much prefer this over having to do pet tamers or grind pvp battles to win one!
Edited by Hunibunnii on 4/1/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Have one now. Seemed pretty easy to get 999 bones. Might consider the 9999 bone mount now.

I like these pet spotlights. Going to try to level each one as they come up! Look forward to the next one.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
What do people find the MOST effective class for grinding out these bones on? I'd like these pets, but I feel my holy paladin would take far too long to kill them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Took me about 3 hours of farming with friends; so much faster in a group! Now if I do that another 10 times I can get the mount too lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

In fact, raid or die seems to be the philosophy of this expansion.

Says the guy who commented in a pet battle spotlight thread.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I got this little cutie the fourth day after 5.2 was released.

Now I'm 1856 bones away from getting the mount. And so far I have the Red and Black Primal Raptor.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
you just have to farm the 999 dinosaur bones and turn them in to the guy in the cave who takes them. should be quite a grind, hadn't had a reason to farm them til I saw this pet, then a friend told me about the mount, isle of giants- here I come
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I can't bring myself to farm 999 bones.

Doing it in a party is pointless because the bones aren't shared. You go faster soloing the mini-dinos for 9-10 bones each than you do in a group of 5 killing the big dinos for 30-40 bones, considering you need to kill 5 of them to get everyone the same amount of bones.

And honestly, taking ~3 minutes per dino for 9-10 bones just isn't worth it.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that thinks the Isle of Giants is just a massive grindfest that's not worth it. :T Rather presumptuous to say we've got so many reasons to go to the Isle of Giants, eh, Crithto?

that is pretty much the name of the XPAK. Mists of Pandaria, Home of the Grind.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
that is pretty much the name of the XPAK. Mists of Pandaria, Home of the Grind.

I guess you didn't play at all before WotLK if that's what you think.

There are always going to be grinding aspects to the game - but at least now they are fairly tame compared to back then, and are pretty much always for extra cosmetic stuff. (e.g., the carps, this pet, the white raptor).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I have enough bones for him but I can't decide if I want to go ahead and get him or wait until I can get both him and the mount...

Decisions, decisions!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I have 600 bones, was going to farm more but then a Primal Egg dropped and I want it to hatch first before farming more.....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
After getting a 120 some bones I am tired. This is way too much of a tedious grind. 870 more to go... that doesn't feel very encouraging.

But hey, it's a lot better than waiting on minfernal not knowing where the goal post is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I like how this little guy looks, however he is pretty weak as a combat pet.

His combo with Spectral Spine + Spectral Strike is weak compared to other combos. I also dont think his skills are that good anyways main the Spirit Spikes 1 round effect 4 round CD, not good. I do however like the Illusionary Barrier, but other than that i think this pet over all is a little on the usless side combat wise......but it looks cool, guess that counts for something.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
What do people find the MOST effective class for grinding out these bones on? I'd like these pets, but I feel my holy paladin would take far too long to kill them.

BM Hunter eats the adult direhorns alive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I know you get paid to this stuff, so I don't take it personally.

But I have NO reason to go to dinosaur island. I've also barely bothered with the "magical" Isle of Thunder.

Since 5.2 launched, I've taken mostly to leveling alts. 5.2 has nothing to offer you if you don't raid. In fact, raid or die seems to be the philosophy of this expansion. Either you raid, or you have to settle for content intended for people who want WoW to be a solo zergfest (i.e. scenarios). Nothing for the people in the middle.

You refuse to do the content which is there, yet you complain there is no content for you? Really smart man, really smart. There has been more content in Mists for useless non-raiders like you than there has been probably in all of the game up to Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I got this guy about a week and a half ago, haven't looked at him since due to grinding out the 400 unique pets achieve and working on some other stuff, including the 9999 bones. I like the look of him but haven't really figured out if I'll use him seriously or just level to 25 and forget about him.

As to best class to farm bones with, it's either a Destro Lock, Blood DK or Prot Pally. You absolutely need self healing and strong dps, even if you're just farming the Direhorn Runts which are the easiest ones to farm. If you farm the regular Direhorns you need good self heals and good dps, I can handle those but even at 513 ilvl it can get rough. I'm at 5300 bones, would be at 6300 if I didn't buy the pet first so once I get the mount I'm done.

You'll pick up lots of Direhorn pets too doing this, and if you kill the trolls you'll get all the Zandalari raptors so all in all it's worth it even if you're not going for the mount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]