Healers ... Ret??

90 Human Rogue
Alright I'm just a little over all the healing that is going on. I play a rogue and a resto shaman
At the moment my resto shaman has a better time in arena even if hes in blues because well I can still heal through most dmg somehow...
On the other hand my rogue has a tough time trying to out dmg not actual healers but classes that have healing spells such as the ret pally...
I have experienced many arena's and battleground where a ret pally for example has top'd both the damage done and healing... now I just want to know why and why.. are ret pallies allowed to heal more than actual healing classes + they have more mobility and well lets not forget the damage they do..
Does anyone else have issues with ret pally healing?I'm not talking about just high end arena etc im talking about all round pvp.
Reply Quote
i dont pvp much anymore (this is a alt so dont bother checking into him), but they basically are designed to be a "support" clas., they can heal others more than themselves and have a ton of utility to help others. sounds like the ones you fight are also spending the majority of their HP on WoG (basically dropping damage for heals)

hope that little bit of info helps :/... might also want to try the pvp forums
Edited by Jarshey on 4/2/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright I'm just a little over all the healing that is going on. I play a rogue and a resto shaman
At the moment my resto shaman has a better time in arena even if hes in blues because well I can still heal through most dmg somehow...
On the other hand my rogue has a tough time trying to out dmg not actual healers but classes that have healing spells such as the ret pally...
I have experienced many arena's and battleground where a ret pally for example has top'd both the damage done and healing... now I just want to know why and why.. are ret pallies allowed to heal more than actual healing classes + they have more mobility and well lets not forget the damage they do..
Does anyone else have issues with ret pally healing?I'm not talking about just high end arena etc im talking about all round pvp.

The holy paladin is truly going to shine in LONG fights where he can use the full 300k mana at his disposal. He's designed to heal for WAR. The ret pally has heals for BATTLE. Strong heals which will drop his mana like a stone in under a minute, but... what fight is he doing that takes a minute in PVP?

So instead of fighting a war, he's fighting lots of battles in quick succession where his major limiting factor (mana consumption) surpasses the HPals major strengths (mana pool size and raw healing power for lots of folks).

Essentially he's redefining the rules of the battle, to better suit his conditions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]