Patch 5.3.0 Undocumented PTR Changes

90 Blood Elf Paladin
To see the latest documented PTR changes, look at the official patch notes: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7892888/53_PTR_Patch_Notes-02_04_2013#pet

Last Updated: May 19th, 2013 - All changes are in this post now.

So I made one of these threads for Patch 5.2.0 and there was at least some moderate interest, so I figured I'd make one for this patch as well. Not much right now, though.

Major Pet Changes
  • Blighted Squirrel is now an Undead instead of a Critter.
  • Celestial Dragon's Breath ability has been replaced by Flamethrower.
  • Ruby Sapling, Teldrassil Sproutling, and Wither's ability lineups have been greatly changed: Poisoned Branch, Thorns, and Photosynthesis have shuffled positions.

Major Ability Changes
  • Impale – Cooldown is now 2 turns, down from 4. (PTR Patch Notes say 3 turns, but that is wrong.) Now deals double damage below 25% instead of instantly killing the enemy.
  • The version of Flamethrower used by the Essence of Competition and the Spirit of Competition now has no cooldown.
  • Predatory Strike – Now deals double damage below 25% instead of instantly killing the enemy.
  • Sticky Grenade – This damage cannot be dodged, blocked, or avoided.

Minor Ability Changes
  • Amplify Magic and Ancient Blessing now specify they affect the "active pet" only instead of the "entire team".
  • Darkflame now uses a synonym of the word "burn" instead of the word itself to avoid confusion with the Burn status effect.
  • Dreadful Breath now specifies "Cleansing Rain" instead of "rain".
  • Interrupting Gaze, Interrupting Jolt, and Kick – Tooltip wording changed from "interrupts multi-round attacks" to "Interrupts the opponent's round if the user goes first".
  • Stun Seed – Tooltip wording changed from "enemy" to "current enemy pet".
  • The "Blinded" status text color is now Purple. The status effect colors for all abilities using Blind have been changed to the new color.
  • The "Webbed" status text color is now White. The status effect colors for all abilities using Webs have been changed to the new color.

Minor Pet Changes
  • Tiny Red Dragon's icon is now red.
  • Emerald Whelpling's description had a missing word added ("dragon").
  • Lucky Quillen Cub's description now states "Offspring of the Imperial Quillen" instead of "Offspring of the winged guardian".
  • Murkimus the Gladiator's description now states "And for a time, the only one" instead of "And the only one".
  • Shimmershell Snail's description had "Felwood" changed to "Darkshore".
  • Baneling's source had the "C" in "Starcraft" capitalized.
  • "Starcraft 2" was changed to "StarCraft II" in Mini Thor's source information.
  • Murkimus the Gladiator's source has been changed from "Promotion: Arena Tournament 2009" to "Promotion: Arena Tournament".
  • Zone Corrections (Finally): Albino Snake, Dark Phoenix Hatchling, Armadillo Pup, Guild Page (Alliance), Guild Page (Horde), Guild Herald (Alliance), Guild Herald (Horde), Lil' Tarecgosa, Lunar Lantern, Festival Lantern, Rabbit, Squirrel, Prairie Dog, Snake, Spider, Mountain Cottontail, Black Rat, Strand Crab, Beetle, Spider, Rat, Small Frog, Roach, Fawn, Larva, Robo-Chick, Rabid Nut Varmint 5000, Frog, Gilnean Raven, Adder, Chicken, Biletoad, Horned Lizard, Stormwind Rat, Highlands Skunk, Malayan Quillrat, Skunk, Black Rat, Strand Crab, Rat, Small Frog, Toad, Roach, Maggot, Cat, Chicken, Fluxfire Feline, and Jade Crane Chick.
Edited by Simca on 5/19/2013 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
New build (16825) and lots of juicy changes: a nerf to Hunting Party, FINALLY some fixes to Zone information, and some ability rearranging on the elemental plant pets.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The abilityStateMod in Black Claw's tooltip has changed from 306 to 918.

What does this mean exactly?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Looking forward to new skills on my Ruby Sappling, it will finally get some use. Though they do seem weak compared to all the cool new pets.
Edited by Kenpo on 4/10/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter

I was just going to ask the same thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
If I had to venture a guess I would say that it is going to lower damage to about a third of what it is now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
04/10/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Roanranger

I can't say 100% for sure, but it probably means that something mechanically was changed. The abilityStateMod is determined by abilityID (which wouldn't change) and stateID. stateIDs are various values related to what is happening in the battle, so Black Claw's tooltip is essentially monitoring a different set of conditions than before.

It could definitely indicate a fix (I saw it was bugged in another topic).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
The thing with Black Claw's tooltip has an identical effect to Exposed Winds / Wild Magic *except* for duration (3 rounds versus 5). So it seems likely it's broken on both the tooltip and ability.

Then again if they're nerfing Hunting Party; then it seems like they want Black Claw to be nice and powerful (double the effect for a little more than half the duration?), while toning down the interaction with Hunting Party. So I can buy this being *just* a tooltip fix too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/02/2013 08:11 AMPosted by Simca
Living Fluid is now specified as being from Primordius LFR only, while the Vicious Horror is now Primordius Heroic AND Normal.

Nice change there. The percentage of people who do heroic raids is so small, opening it up to normal makes it sound a bit more reasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A few days late, but build 16837 changes:
  • Mini Thor had the 'C' in "StarCraft" capitalized.
  • Additional zone corrections: Skunk, Black Rat, Strand Crab, Rat, Small Frog, Toad, Roach, Maggot, Cat, Chicken, Fluxfire Feline, and Jade Crane Chick.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Build 16853 up in dis thread yo; lots and lots of changes but most are documented.

Here are the undocumented ones or ones that Blizzard explained poorly:
  • Impale – Cooldown is now 2 turns, down from 4. (PTR Patch Notes say 3 turns, but that is wrong.) Now deals double damage below 25% instead of instantly killing the enemy.
  • Interrupting Gaze, Interrupting Jolt, and Kick – Tooltip wording changed from "interrupts multi-round attacks" to "Interrupts the opponent's round if the user goes first".
  • Predatory Strike – Now deals double damage below 25% instead of instantly killing the enemy.
  • Sticky Grenade – This damage cannot be dodged, blocked, or avoided.
  • Stun Seed – Tooltip wording changed from "enemy" to "current enemy pet".
Edited by Simca on 4/19/2013 2:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Have the new pets got new ablitlys yet? The 5.2 pets had unque moves added ,so I assume it will be the case for the 5.3 pets as well?
Reply Quote
27 Pandaren Warrior
There's no need to nerf the raptors, they are a when there's so many other OP pets that have been around much longer. Either leave us with some strong pets or nerf them all to an average level of damage *disclaimer - OP in the way that the raptors are OP

No.

Also, Raptors will still be pretty powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I think the predatory strikes nerf is specifically for beasts of fable. It's not really anything special in any other aspect of the game except vs. the highest HP pets. Even against them it's just a cooldown, and should still kill them with the change. Against BoF, it's a 1k+ damage finisher.

It's also probably part of their tooltip transparency deal. "Instantly kills" any target is somewhat misleading, since all it does is add a ton of damage in execute range. It wouldn't "kill" a mech or undead.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
Hudax is most likely right. That was the first thing I thought of as well. Given the methods people use to kill the beasts of fable, I'm not surprised predatory strike got nerfed. I guess it's better that than some of the other pet skills that were used to kill them in...creative...ways.

The nerf/fix to black claw was pretty necessary and the raptors will still be very useful once it goes in.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
The patch isn't out yet so anything is still possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
04/20/2013 07:49 AMPosted by Amlas
other OP pets that have been around much longer.

Such as?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]