Promote Nagrand

90 Tauren Druid
I have played on Nagrand since Burning Crusade. Back then, Nagrand was a thriving realm where more often than not, you would find people who were willing to lend a hand or even just people who were pleasant to talk to. I know personally, my friends list was long because I would meet people who left me thinking, “That person was a team player, and I enjoyed interacting with them”.

I know what you’re probably thinking – “Nak, don’t live in the past”. Ok then, I won’t...

But I have noticed that lately (and it’s starting to bother me tbh), players in general are really abrasive, and often for no good reason. Now I know this behaviour is not limited to Nagrand, but hear me out.

Could this be why (or at least one of the reasons why) Nagrand’s population is declining? I know it has been easy for people to turn around and blame Blizzard for this, that and the other, but I think it’s possible that there is something the players of Nagrand can do about it. Put simply, I think we need to work towards changing the culture of Nagrand to make people want to come here/stay here for their gaming experience. So how do we do this?

Work together more often. Stop automatically hating and/or being rude to fellow players. Give assistance to people who ask questions, not abuse and ridicule. Seek friendly and pleasant interactions with other players, and not be in a negative frame of mind all the time. These are just some of the ways.

Now I realise it is not possible to have every player being nice to others – it’s just not possible, unfortunately. People are people. But I often wonder if sometimes players get so caught up in this negative culture, that they don’t even realise they are ruining their own gaming experience, as well as others’.

I’d like to hear other people’s opinions and thoughts on this. I’d also like to just point out that if people do respond to this thread with posts of a ‘trolling’ nature, they will only be proving that Nagrand’s (and maybe even the game’s) positive culture could well be lost forever. I would hate to see the WoW community/Nagrand community end up like League of Legends's community (for example)...there's just no reason for playing when you're not having fun. I think that the game is at a point now where it's just not as fun unless the social aspect of the game is alive and well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This problem isn't exclusive to Nagrand, it's an issue with the majority of the player base. Everyone draws their line in the sand of where it's acceptable to demean players below them in ability but these same people have a hissy should someone do the same to them.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Yeah horrible little !@#$s ruining our server by being rude and hurting peoples feelings. I want a list of these peoples anme so I can send them coal this year for xmas.

Nagrand’s positive culture

What positive culture? I've been around since BC as well and all I remember is guilds/players constant %^-*!ing about other guilds/players.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
The sense of community that you and i both miss was destroyed by the dungeon finder to begin with and now LFR has landed the final blow. We have no reason to be polite and foster friendships anymore and sadly the vast majority of the people on the net require incentive to be nice. Even in wotlk we had dungeon finder but we still pugged raids and had GDKP's i had a lot of fun and met a lot of nice people.

You can really only trust people to do what it is in their nature to do in an environment which has no reward for being nice and little to no consequences for poor behavior :( i just stay inside my own guild and slowly over the years only let i like minded people or at least people that know what i expect and behave accordingly. Now we have a nice little home that's insulated from the toxic community ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
As Malign said there has been little or no sportsmanship on Nagrand since BC, just a lot of mudslinging between guilds and players sadly.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Now we have a nice little home that's insulated from the toxic community ^_^

Except I'm in it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
or at least people that know what i expect and behave accordingly

This is your category Malign.

Edit: Heya Tyrre
Edited by Lethalock on 4/2/2013 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Lethal's right. The introduction of the Dungeon Finder started it all off, hell even allowing server transfers and name changes didn't help. You used to have to worry about your reputation on your server because you weren't able to get away from it. Now it's easy to mask who you are, change name/race/server and start fresh somewhere else.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Now it's easy to mask who you are, change name/race/server and start fresh somewhere else.

Not always 100% foolproof, you can check on a site and it'll list their previous names/realms/guilds etc. Plus you have certain addons for this forum that lists all the characters you've posted on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This problem isn't exclusive to Nagrand, it's an issue with the majority of the player base. Everyone draws their line in the sand of where it's acceptable to demean players below them in ability but these same people have a hissy should someone do the same to them.

If you read my post, I did actually mention that I know it's a problem that's not limited to Nagrand. It might just be the way I'm reading ur comment, but I hope you're not implying I'm having a "hissy".

I get what you guys are saying about LFR and dungeon finder, but I was sort of talking more along the lines of Nagrand's community. People within the realm seem to be abrasive for no reason, to fellow Nagrand players.

Yeah horrible little !@#$s ruining our server by being rude and hurting peoples feelings. I want a list of these peoples anme so I can send them coal this year for xmas.

This is just a tad condescending...honestly, if you don't really have the time of day for this issue, don't comment.
Edited by Nakoma on 4/3/2013 1:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The sense of community that you and i both miss was destroyed by the dungeon finder to begin with and now LFR has landed the final blow. We have no reason to be polite and foster friendships anymore and sadly the vast majority of the people on the net require incentive to be nice. Even in wotlk we had dungeon finder but we still pugged raids and had GDKP's i had a lot of fun and met a lot of nice people.

Yeah, I feel like my guild filters out toxic players. But I find it's getting more and more difficult to find like-minded players >_<
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You used to have to worry about your reputation on your server because you weren't able to get away from it. Now it's easy to mask who you are, change name/race/server and start fresh somewhere else.

This is an interesting point, but I suppose if people realm change because of bad behaviour, it works out for everyone :) Haven't come across too many people who just stop at the name change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
As Malign said there has been little or no sportsmanship on Nagrand since BC, just a lot of mudslinging between guilds and players sadly.

I know what you mean, but I do think that more often than not, you would actually come across honorable players because of what Nokster said about having to foster realm reputations.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
This is just a tad condescending...honestly, if you don't really have the time of day for this issue, don't comment.

I was making a joke that seemed to go over your head. You asked for an opinion and you got one, not my fault if you don't like it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
^ exactly what I'm talking about. Players that turn a simple thread into an "I'm better than you" match. *Sigh*
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Quote me where I said I was better than anyone in this thread, please.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
bloodsworn is why nagrand can't have nice things, and never forget it
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
r.i.p BloodSworn, if only the accepted my app.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Quote me where I said I was better than anyone in this thread, please.

Welcome to Nagrand...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
bloodsworn is why nagrand can't have nice things, and never forget it

I don't pay attention to that elitist guild nonsense...causes too many problems :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]