Promote Nagrand

85 Gnome Warlock
I remember when these forums were full of more than Guild recruitment and other useless junk. My poor sweet Nagrand. What have they done to you?

No fun allowed, this is the serious age of the Nagrand forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
04/30/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Malign
I remember when these forums were full of more than Guild recruitment and other useless junk. My poor sweet Nagrand. What have they done to you?

No fun allowed, this is the serious age of the Nagrand forums.

Actually the realm forums have felt really quiet since they changed the whole website layout and format. Back in Wrat the forums were sometimes more entertaining than the game ...
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Even back when these new forums became active, there were more threads that weren't 'guild recruitment' threads. Heavy use of the report button culled the fun threads in no time flat.

Also it doesn't help that a few of the old posters who would participate in these fun threads were banned from the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
There isn't anyone interesting enough left on this server to bother using forums anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
That's not true there are lots of interesting people they're just scared to post because they will get reported just for speaking, im probably going to get reported just for talking about the reporter reporting lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
That's not true there are lots of interesting people they're just scared to post because they will get reported just for speaking, im probably going to get reported just for talking about the reporter reporting lol

Well there are some delicate flowers out there, though in some cases I thinks its less about needing to clean up forum behaviour then those people needing to broaden their perspectives.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Interesting people or not, there's no reason to view this board, yet alone post. Case in point, I'm only here because I'm levelling a new toon and I've exhausted any other form of distraction, except maybe hiring a mime.

The few players (and it was only a few) who abused the report button can only do so much. How many people were actually turned off the board by those players? 10? 20? Of those, how many would still be posting here anyway?

All server forums are decaying as people quit, you guys aren't alone. Even Frostmourne is down to just a few non-recruitment related posts per week, and that's over 3x the size of Nagrand.

If you want to sustain or 'subsidize' the community on the forums, try and give people a reason to view it regularly, lurkers will start posting. It's how everyone gets into a forum board.

That doesn't mean it should become the twitter of two or three people, but if you see a good thread on mmo-c, post about it here and try to get the opinions of the locals. You may eventually roll up a good discussion.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

If they're scared of getting reported they aren't interesting, Malign is propping up the bottom rung of interesting and he's not afraid of being reported.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What i mean is that many people aren't so keen to get involved in random fun threads, i once got a forum ban for posting in a thread that someone made about someones gem choices, i didn't even say anything bad about the persons gems i just popped in to say hello on the thread lol

I'm probably going to get reported now just for mentioning i got a forum ban once.
Edited by Lethalock on 5/3/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I don't know if I should feel insulted or complimented.

That is as close to a compliment as you'll get from him.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
That is as close to a compliment as you'll get from him.

I shall print it out and frame it to hang on it on my wall near my front door so when I go out I'll see it and be motivated and feel great about myself for the day.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm probably going to get reported now just for mentioning i got a forum ban once.

You really, really won't.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Maybe if someone special reported Lethal, he'd get banned.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your name is accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Just to try and debunk this whole 'Kalanu killed your forum board' thing, here are the boards of all realms in a similar population bracket, as defined by WoWProgress (not the best source but it's a solid estimate verses sign up censuses).

Gundrak: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181638/
Khaz'goroth: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181908/
Dreadmaul: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1181016/
Aman'thul: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1180542/

Open those along side Nagrand and you'll notice they're all pretty much interchangeable. Yeah, at one point all these forums had fantastic communities; except maybe Gundrak ^^. Sadly we don't play in that era anymore.

You can point the finger at whatever mechanic or in this case, whatever player, you want. But at the end of it all this is just a symptom of the game's decay.
Edited by Choice on 5/6/2013 2:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Choice, the new anti-fun guy.
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Druid
Hey Nakoma, long time no see, you invited me to my first raid back in BC, kara (good times)
The server was alot better back then, Malign hadn't changed to horde yet(orc from memory) alliance side has always been less fun than horde.

Love

BT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]