Returning to WoW and Trying Something New!

67 Human Mage
Good Morning!

Hello! I'm a WoW veteran returning after missing several expansions due to real life getting in the way. :)

I want to start on a RP-PvP server. My very first home in WoW was a PvP server at the start of the game and I loved the fights early on in Tarren Mill, etc. One thing that I never did, however; was try my hand at RPing in the game.

I am planning to either reroll or transfer a higher level character over this weekend. As I looked online at the alliance/horde ratio, it appears at first glance that horde outnumbers alliance so I think I'll stick with that faction.

Excited to dive in headfirst! I registered on the sanctum website and can't wait to get started!

Are there any huge RP spots for low level alliance? I may start from level 1 because when I logged in -everything- was changed, especially the talents!

Thanks in advance and can't wait to get to know the fine folk of Ravenholdt.

PS. The Sanctum site is awesome. :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Welcome to Ravenholdt!
I'm not Aer, but i'll try to be a good welcoming person =P
Best place for RP at low levels is probably in Stormwind with the Blue Recluse. Don't forget to join /rp to chat with other RPers! Putting a shout out in there can help with finding RP if something isn't already happening!

A couple of us are experimenting with a serverwide IC chat channel called /icrp that is based out of the Blue Recluse, if you want to RP while questing.

I think those are the big things to know with you already checking out the Sanctum, welcome aboard and I hope you come to love Ravenholdt as much as I have!
Reply Quote
*Laughs*

There are plenty of people here who do an excellent job welcoming people to the server. It seems that you have already heard of the Sanctum - excellent! It's a truly great site and I really look forward to seeing your posts there and learning more about you. And Myaka's advice to join the /RP channel Alliance side is definitely worth taking. The people in the channel are helpful (if somewhat distracted) and I know they're all excited to see new players coming to the Alliance.

/icrp is a new channel but I'm excited to see that people are joining it and participating in this type of RP. I think it's a great way to create and RP environment even if people aren't all gathered together.

Finally, I just want to caution you about some aspects of Ravenholdt. First, we are a small server. Sometimes, if you don't reach out to others and get to know the community, it might seem lonely. Because we are CRZ free, you won't see as many other allies leveling in the lower level zones. Don't let that discourage you though - keep chatting in the channels and you'll be fine. Also, if you have any troubles with Horde, be sure to use the channel to ask for help. We're quite protective of our Alliance transfers and we want to make sure your leveling is as calm as possible.

Second, RP and PvP on Ravenholdt take initiative. While I would love to say that you'll find RP everywhere, that is simply not true. We're a small community overall and our RP community (while amazing!) is also small. So please, take initiative with RP. Nudge us to join in. Get to know us and be involved. If you truly participate and don't simply expect to be spoon-fed RP, you'll thrive here. And hopefully you'll come to enjoy Ravenholdt and its community as much as many of us do =)

So welcome to Ravenholdt! Please let us know if we can help with anything - finding a guild, leveling, giving enchants, making bags, or anything along those lines! We're so happy that you've decided to give us a try.

*Hands out promised cookies*
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
*grabs cookie with Death Grip and runs!*
Reply Quote

*Gasps*

Now we know who stole the cookies from the cookie jar!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
<Cough>...<cough>

WELCOME...since I promised not to tempt you to come to the Horde side in exchange of the Alliance giving up all weapons of mass destruction; Weber BBQ Grills, I will not say come to the horde cause we have the best Ale, beards or women.

I will say that you will find a decent home with either faction and will enjoy your stay on this tiny little tropical island called Horde Isle.

Enjoy your stay and have a Thunderbluff Sunflower Ale on me....
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
04/05/2013 06:31 PMPosted by Aerana

*Gasps*

Now we know who stole the cookies from the cookie jar!

It wasn't me! It was Kytai!
The tiny Gnome made me do it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Be sure to contact me if you decide to roll a Horde character as well! ^^
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Rogue
Heh, I was thinking of rolling a new toon here as well. I have a couple I xfered here, but didn't play much. I am really feeling gnome rogue, and I just have fun leveling. Question though, are RBGs happening around here? I am more a paper than pve, or rp. I just remember liking the community, and enjoying light rp when I was here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
For the last 3 expansions, both Horde and Alliance have been encouraging new toons to roll Alliance in the best interest of the entire server.
Welcome you guys and hope you really do come and stay alliance. Let's kill those filthy horde together. Nothing personal, hordies :)

Remember... ganking is the way to make friends here.
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Rogue
Oh and I loves me some ganking. Seriously though when I was here before the community rocked. I can't really imagine playing any where else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been looking for a new sever for a few weeks. I think I have found my new home. I love to RP and will be coming from an overpopulated PvP server and also from an over populated RP server. *cough* WrA. I have been a horde player since the beginning and would like to dabble a little into the alliance side of things. Anybody have some nice guilds that I might be able to join? Ally and horde that is. Thanks for the input. =)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have been looking for a new sever for a few weeks. I think I have found my new home. I love to RP and will be coming from an overpopulated PvP server and also from an over populated RP server. *cough* WrA. I have been a horde player since the beginning and would like to dabble a little into the alliance side of things. Anybody have some nice guilds that I might be able to join? Ally and horde that is. Thanks for the input. =)

Welcome to Ravenholdt. I believe you will enjoy your stay on this little rock of ours. If your rolling ally...the only race to roll is Gnome. Its common knowledge that the Gnomes are the rightful rulers of the alliance and everyone looks up to them .... cant believe I just said that .... for wisdom and advice.

Also if you roll Gnome...remember their battle cry; "...Gnome Pride...Death to all Talls..." If you remember this one thing, you will be fine.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
04/17/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Bobcat
Also if you roll Gnome...remember their battle cry; "...Gnome Pride...Death to all Talls..."

This is not our battle cry.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also if you roll Gnome...remember their battle cry; "...Gnome Pride...Death to all Talls..."

You fine sir are not familar with Merceless Midgets, an gould consisting only of Dwarves and Gnomes. Those tiny brave souls would scream their battle cry throughout IF. The crys of "Gnome Pride...Death to all Talls" would ring through the hallowed halls of IF and instill fear for anyone over 3.5" tall.

http://www.mercilessmidgets.com/index3.html

Unless your saying that the Ravenholdt smalls are a meer shadow of their brave brethern on a distant server?

Its a sad day when a Tauren Druid has more Gnomish Pride than the few garden gnomes we have here...

http://simplywallpaper.net/pictures/2010/12/24/Gnomeo-and-Juliet-Wallpaper-25.jpg
Edited by Bobcat on 4/17/2013 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Unless your saying that the Ravenholdt smalls are a meer shadow of their brave brethern on a distant server?

All I'm going to say is that killing off Tallies is counter-productive to World Dom.... *ahem* I mean, our efforts.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hmmm so if you kill all the talls...then you will never reach the top shelf for those cookies that you want huh?

Just remember, we Taurens are the Tallest that strides across these lands...so unless you want us to eat all the cookies and not share any with you...then abstain from beef related foods.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I made a human warlock and her name is Floden. Or just Flo for short. And also made a troll druid and her name is Ezeekeeal. Just trying to find a happy home and will probably be bringing this toon over next week so I can level like a mad woman. Any suggestions for guilds? Or who I should talk to? I am a very social person with a pervy sense of humor and love to RP and do most things PvE. Anything would be of help. Thanks so much. <3
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Welcome to Ravenholdt, you will find decent guilds on both sides. Just a wise tip...make sure none of the GMs on the alliance side or Gnomes or Goblins on the Horde side. If so, you will be used to reach the top shelf for items they cant get at.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
04/17/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Cayreth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJx8-DGgbiM
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]