It all started.....during 2s...

90 Human Paladin
Me and Sayir were doing 2s and my WoW just went all satan on me. It got progressively worst, and after I did /reloadui this happened

http://imgur.com/isDKSv7

any thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
MVP
Omg you've entered the Dark World.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sacrifice a small child to the Dark One and dance at midnight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Are you playing on a laptop? You could be overheating your video card. Mine did that on my dell and the only solution was bascially to shut down. I have a stand now so there is a ton of air flow. If you are on a desktop check the fan on your video card too and make sure it is not clogged.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I play on a laptop, I have it elevated on a cooling pad. I was having issues earlier with overheating.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Most likely a heat issue, or your graphics card saying goodbye. Given that it's a laptop however, heat.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
no, you must sacrifice your pinky to our lord and saviour, his pinkyless, lord swifty
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Most likely a heat issue, or your graphics card saying goodbye. Given that it's a laptop however, heat.

If it is my graphics card just giving up on me, would it be more cost efficient to just build a desktop? It's a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1 GB video card. Laptop was $1000

Edit: Here are my temp's from Speedfan

http://imgur.com/K36jAvL
Edited by Daruss on 4/5/2013 2:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is God's way of punishing you for playing a paladin. I would know, I too was a paladin once.
Edited by Xiic on 4/5/2013 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I've got to say though, That is an awesome looking zone.. the Art team would love to have a look at that.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Priest
04/05/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Daruss

If it is my graphics card just giving up on me, would it be more cost efficient to just build a desktop? It's a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 1 GB video card. Laptop was $1000

Edit: Here are my temp's from Speedfan

http://imgur.com/K36jAvL
thats hot and towards the limit of what is usually considered safe for temps, i can tell you that generally laptops do run quite hot, ive gotten at about 90 on mine. One of the issues with overheating is that often the gpu and cpu share the same cooling system http://imgur.com/BHVfXUT http://imgur.com/FK5LD6N

opened one of my little guys to show you, the heatsinks are quite small, any fur from pets or dust needs to be cleaned regularly, its one of the reasons i make sure laptops i buy can be opened easily like that instead of having to remove have the little bastard to get to it all
Reply Quote
87 Undead Priest
i7's run hot, also looks like your max cpu temp is 100 degrees, so you are pretty close, clean your !@#$ out

gpu's can usually handle 90+ degrees as well

how old are your drivers
Edited by Donnasummer on 4/5/2013 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't have compressed air so I just cleaned it out without it. (inb4 go buy it, I know I need to)

I recently just restored it to factory settings because I thought it was something wrong with windows, only things installed are skype, wow, and league.

Yea I should buy a gaming desktop lol

Edit: I would also get into an arena (this was going on during 2s) and I couldn't see anything on the map, BUT SUPRISINGLY STILL WON SOME. Like Nagrand was just black EVERYWHERE.
Edited by Daruss on 4/5/2013 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Reply Quote
87 Undead Priest
04/05/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Daruss
recently just restored it to factory settings
update your drivers if you just used the disc that came with your computer
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
When's the last time you had that thing de-dusted... Dust will @!#!@%#* your computer's temperature.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Surprisingly enough we won every game when he was playing like that.

But yeah, since I'll be sleeping before you get home, which isn't that bad because I don't feel like talking to you when you're drunk, save up and build a gaming desktop, mine cost me around $900 (haven't gotten to replacing my motherboard, will eventually) and as you know, my computer blows yours out of the water. (Maybe you'll finally be able to play ToR *wink wink*).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
make it stop please! make it stop
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]