Maybe in 5.3 or 5.4?

100 Tauren Death Knight
Maybe in 5.4, instead of Blacksmiths crafting PvP gear the Dev's can give us some relevant PvE gear to make? Yes? Maybe?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You realize, of course, that the PvP gear that you can craft is perfectly serviceable in PvE as a starter set, right? I guess with the likely exception of the tank specs. Leatherworking and Tailoring have the exact same crafting options for gear.
Reply Quote
42 Night Elf Monk
There is relevant PvE gear in 5.2. The problem is that it is insanely expensive to make. My blacksmith discovered the 522 boots from making Lightning Steel Ingots. They need 6 Haunting Spirits to make, currently selling for over 10k gold on the AH.
Edited by Rathnight on 4/6/2013 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Maybe in 5.4, instead of Blacksmiths crafting PvP gear the Dev's can give us some relevant PvE gear to make? Yes? Maybe?

They will probably do that, but have it require some mat that only comes from DEing normal and heroic raid drops. That seems to be the pattern.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
All armor crafters currently can make 385/415 gear for level 85s, which is useful for those who missed out on DS LFR at the end of Cata.

They are also able to craft 350 and 358 gear for fresh 90s to help them get into heroics and LFR T14 content faster. True, it has PvP stats on the items, however in Mists, those stats are no longer included in the itemization values for PvE gear. So a 350 crafted "PvP" chest piece is just as good as a 350 PvE quest reward.

Finally, the armor crafting professions always have the ability to craft 1-2 slots of gear to supplement raiding and VP gear every tier. For T14 content, they can craft 496 gloves and boots (?). For T15 they can craft 522 helms and pants (?), at least as soon as they can discover the T15 pattern through their daily research.

EDIT: I doubt we see any new patterns in 5.3, though in 5.4 I would expect to see 550ish crafted chests and wrists for PvE content. Perhaps 463 crafted PvP pieces, assuming the cap on PvP gear was raised to 502.
Edited by Jozie on 4/6/2013 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
BS's have the same PVE gear available to craft as LW or Tailors, 2 slots of gear for 476, 2 slots of 496 and 2 slots of 522.
Reply Quote
93 Human Priest
There is relevant PvE gear in 5.2. The problem is that it is insanely expensive to make. My blacksmith discovered the 522 boots from making Lightning Steel Ingots. They need 6 Haunting Spirits to make, currently selling for over 10k gold on the AH.
I've sold 2 sets of 522 cloth boots so far. Profit has been nice. My only rule of thumb for crafting 522 gear (or gear above ilevel) is that I have to be able to use it on one of my toons just in case it doesn't sell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
04/08/2013 04:50 AMPosted by Mussorsky
I've sold 2 sets of 522 cloth boots so far. Profit has been nice. My only rule of thumb for crafting 522 gear (or gear above ilevel) is that I have to be able to use it on one of my toons just in case it doesn't sell.

Do you raid and get the haunting spirits that way? Many of us do not have that outlet and I am not sure that the profit potential is still there if I had to buy them off the AH to craft the item. I don't really want a 50K item for my own use at this point.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
04/08/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Flopsyhunt

Do you raid and get the haunting spirits that way? Many of us do not have that outlet and I am not sure that the profit potential is still there if I had to buy them off the AH to craft the item. I don't really want a 50K item for my own use at this point.

Try talking to some of the raiding guilds on your server, offer to craft the items for a fee (gold or a haunting spirit). This has served me well in the past. Their crafters are facing the same RNG for recipes as you and might not know your recipe yet but need one crafted.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Blacksmiths can make 502 weapons, I don't know what more you want beyond making BS mandatory.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Blacksmiths can make 502 weapons, I don't know what more you want beyond making BS mandatory.

Yes we can make a single ilvl502 weapon every 30 days, 29 days for the first one. I can just taste the profits already, and they taste bitter.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
And leatherworkers or tailors can't make anything extra at all, just pvp gear and the 2 slots per raid tier same as blacksmiths. The only real complaint we can make is not getting our daily cd at the same time as them, in terms of what we have available to make we're actually ahead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]