LFR queue times for dps

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Priest
I personally sell LFR Queues as healer. Since I'm DPS, this gives me a slight vote kick protection. And if I do get kicked, I can sell again quicker since I don't get the deserter buff.

EZ 5kg+ on tuesdays when the semi-hardcores are trying to get the lfr loots before raids.
100 Night Elf Druid
04/09/2013 04:43 AMPosted by Caletta
So you want to be treated better than anyone else ? I doubt it will happen. Healers blame dps and tanks, tanks blame dps and healers and dps blame healers and tanks - that's what happens in those. People make mistakes including healers.

Nope. I'll just take my < 10 minute queue once a week per raid and be done with it.

And I doubt for most healers 45 extra vp is going to make them want to spend an hour or more of their time in an extra raid when you can do a scenerio that takes 15 minutes for more.

True. I would probably need more. :)

Roll a healer and see how much "fun" an LFR is.
90 Troll Mage
Just no...
While I don't like having to wait for an LFR queue, I can use that time to do a scenario/5-man or dailies. I also appreciate that my role is less important and that there are a lot of dps spots available.

Healers generally have quick queue times, but I don't hold that against them. I like not having to wait 30 minutes for a new healer if someone leaves.

As for Tanks, their queue times can vary massively. Seeing as there are only 2 spots in a raid for tanks, it puts a lot of pressure on them. I've had instant queues some days, while others I have waited for well over an hour. Reducing the number of tanks down to 1 would mean even more strain on them. It's already reaching the point where if the queue doesn't pop within 5 minutes I just re-queue as dps in my tank gear.

Thankfully 5.3 should help out a little with this. Personally, I will not be tanking any more LFR due to the overwhelming abuse tanks get, and the bad wait times. Instead, I'll queue as dps and pick up tank gear that way.
90 Human Paladin
Switching it to 5 healers would be fine, 4 would probably be pushing it for some groups. 3 would require a major retuning that I think would take LFR in a more negative direction. If your queue is too long, make some friends, get healer guildies to come with you, or buy a queue on Trade. You also can do a heroic or scenario while queued for LFR. I do think that making it so that people can opt to queue for more than one LFR segment at a time would reduce queue times overall. I'm not as convinced that OS loot will help with queue times as you are, it's just as likely that some tanks/healers will opt to go as DPS and get healing gear as the other way around.
85 Night Elf Druid

What do you think would work ?

People rerolling tanks/healers.
90 Worgen Hunter
I agree!!! Nothing sucks more then waiting 45 mins to get the last boss... Then have to que up another 45 to get a crappy group full of people with PVP gear... HAVE TO LEAVE! Then que another 45 mins to hopefully get a decent group
14 Night Elf Druid
Uh, tank queues are often just as long as DPS queues for LFR.

2 spots in a 25m. Seriously.
90 Pandaren Priest
Blizzard's hoping the offspec loot option in 5.3 will help queue times, and they'll reevaluate from there.

This don't work for me.

LFR isn't fun for a healer.

Horrible tanks + me doing more DPS than half of the DPS players + afk people + wipe on a brain dead difficult.

I avoid that hell with all my mighty. And when I run it, I go with 5+ friends to help carry the bads.

35+ minutes for 90 valor? I run 3+ dungeons on that time.
90 Human Mage
Ah the QQing of a dps about having to wait. Funny how you call someone out for wanting to be "treated better" yet that's just what one of your options would do for you having to wait - ie increase chance of loot.

Coming from 7 years of playing and doing everyting from 40 man to LFR and everything in between - most dps just stand there and expect to get healed and do not pay atention or care about what they are standing in. They die and blame the healers when all they had to do was move. They do not move because the one second of not attacking the boss might affect their damage output and they do not want to risk not being near the top of the dps chart. So no they do not expect to be treated diiferently, they expect dps to act differently.

Well maybe dps is scared not to be at top of chart because some healer or tank will say dps sucks and started kicking and then they had to wait another 45minutes in queue AGAIN. In any case it is extremely amusing to see healers come into scenerios with this entitled attitude and expect to be carried though when they only want to heal.
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't normally see people being kicked from lfr for bad dps. I do however see them kicked for afk'ing or just auto attacking, which isn't quite the same thing. as long as the bosses are dying I don't think tanks and healers are quite as elite about actual dps numbers as you think they are. sometimes you get great dps, the ones that make you go wow! how did he do that! and other times the not-so-phenomenal players. but generally if people are giving an effort they aren't going to be kicked.

as far as fixing wait time for dps to get in to lfr. I don't think it's a ratio problem - the current setup allows for a large variety of boss mechanics and for a certain amount of mistakes. (no one of any role is perfect, and that is ok in this mode of raiding.) I do agree with others above the 5.3 changes will probably improve dps queue times because healers will be able to queue using their faster wait time and be able to win gear for their dps spec.
36 Blood Elf Mage
04/10/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Nobuna
Blizzard's hoping the offspec loot option in 5.3 will help queue times, and they'll reevaluate from there.

This don't work for me.

LFR isn't fun for a healer.

Horrible tanks + me doing more DPS than half of the DPS players + afk people + wipe on a brain dead difficult.

I avoid that hell with all my mighty. And when I run it, I go with 5+ friends to help carry the bads.

35+ minutes for 90 valor? I run 3+ dungeons on that time.

It will just ensure we healers get a fast queue for the entire tier, instead of just however long it takes for us to get all our healing loot, prompting us to queue in our offspecs.
90 Human Mage
04/09/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Breathkeeper
I am seriously lacking in imagination. Why can't I think of ways to 'beat' the system. After reading this for a second time though -if all the dpsers are trying to extend there waiting times though wouldn't ppl like me that WANT to get in fast be able to since there would be less dps for the 'quick' spots. I actually can't understand how you can extend the queue anyway since that has never been my aim.

I don't even need much out of LFR, and I'd be hitting that dps role every time, instead of healing like I normally do. DPS who want to hurry up and get a quick LFR done would be caught in the crossfire and forced to endure longer waits. It would make the problem DRASTICALLY worse, and pure dps classes would suffer the most because they can't break down and switch to tank/healer when the wait gets too long.

Extra loot to compensate for your wait time is so ripe for abuse it's absolutely out of the question.

Well I don't understand your rational at all. You would rather wait in queue for 1 1/2 hours to complete a raid instead of doing twice the number of raids in the same time as a healer ? Is getting a 50% chance at loot worth that time, especially, since that loot isn't a guaranteed upgrade and is often duplicates or triplicates of what you received before ? If it is to you then we are completely on different pages.
Edited by Caletta on 4/13/2013 5:19 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
I personally sell LFR Queues as healer. Since I'm DPS, this gives me a slight vote kick protection. And if I do get kicked, I can sell again quicker since I don't get the deserter buff.

EZ 5kg+ on tuesdays when the semi-hardcores are trying to get the lfr loots before raids.

I had a person like you in a LFR the other day and I think ppl like you should be banned - if you queue as a healer for the quick queue you should heal not dps and spam heal. However, I am guessing since you just advertised that you are selling queues something will end up being changed.....wasn't there a guy on these saying he got deserter buff for getting kicked somewhere.
50 Worgen Rogue
The off-spec loot option will help lower queue times but the problem still remains that people will heal in hit gear, tank in DPS gear, etc in order to acquire these other loots. I guess determination is they key?
100 Night Elf Warrior

I don't even need much out of LFR, and I'd be hitting that dps role every time, instead of healing like I normally do. DPS who want to hurry up and get a quick LFR done would be caught in the crossfire and forced to endure longer waits. It would make the problem DRASTICALLY worse, and pure dps classes would suffer the most because they can't break down and switch to tank/healer when the wait gets too long.

Extra loot to compensate for your wait time is so ripe for abuse it's absolutely out of the question.

Well I don't understand your rational at all. You would rather wait in queue for 1 1/2 hours to complete a raid instead of doing twice the number of raids in the same time as a healer ? Is getting a 50% chance at loot worth that time, especially, since that loot isn't a guaranteed upgrade and is often duplicates or triplicates of what you received before ? If it is to you then we are completely on different pages.

Raids have lockouts, so having a short queue doesn't mean you actually complete more raids unless your time is very limited. If opting to sit in the dps queue gave a higher chance at loot, then that would be the right thing to do to maximize gearing. I can just do dailies/heroics/scenarios while I wait. At the end of the week, the person that sat in the dps queue and the person that sat in the healer queue both clear every LFR once but the person that sat in the dps queue walks away with more loot. Guess what people are going to opt to do?

Your suggestion, especially combined with the ability to get gear for other specs coming in 5.3, would drastically increase queue times for dps. If you are going to use incentives to try to address queue times, you have to make the high demand roles more attractive, not the low demand role, especially when everyone has the option of filling the low demand role.

Allowing off-spec gearing will probably help somewhat. It makes healing more attractive because people can get their dps/tank gear while using the healing queue. It actually has a chance of working, unlike rewarding people for sitting in a long queue.
Edited by Asthas on 4/14/2013 12:44 PM PDT
90 Human Mage

Raids have lockouts, so having a short queue doesn't mean you actually complete more raids unless your time is very limited. If opting to sit in the dps queue gave a higher chance at loot, then that would be the right thing to do to maximize gearing. I can just do dailies/heroics/scenarios while I wait. At the end of the week, the person that sat in the dps queue and the person that sat in the healer queue both clear every LFR once but the person that sat in the dps queue walks away with more loot. Guess what people are going to opt to do?

Your suggestion, especially combined with the ability to get gear for other specs coming in 5.3, would drastically increase queue times for dps. If you are going to use incentives to try to address queue times, you have to make the high demand roles more attractive, not the low demand role, especially when everyone has the option of filling the low demand role.

Allowing off-spec gearing will probably help somewhat. It makes healing more attractive because people can get their dps/tank gear while using the healing queue. It actually has a chance of working, unlike rewarding people for sitting in a long queue.

Things will be better in 5.3 automatically anyway because i don't think there is any raid only rep which is what is here now. I guess I don't queue for the LFR gear in most cases and some ppl do. As for ppl allowing off-spec gearing I am not sure - I think someone mentioned they would queue as a dps and gear up their tank/heal set that way instead of queuing as healer or tank, which would actually backfire from what is intended and create longer queues - but as I mentioned above it will be hard to see what actually works in 5.3 because the circumstances will not be the same then.

p.s. my suggestion for the loot chance increased based on time in queue wasn't actually intended to reduce waiting time --- just make it more palatable if you had to wait FOREVER.
Edited by Caletta on 4/14/2013 3:21 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
04/08/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Inushi
can't something be done about this ?

Three step solution:

1. Make friends with a tank or healer on your realm.
2. (This part is important) Help your friend with daily quests, so that they enjoy playing tank/healer.
3. Then queue for LFR with your friend, and they'll help you get a fast queue.

If you skip step 2, and nobody enjoys playing tank/healer, then people won't play those roles, and LFR queue times will continue to be bad.

So, if I understand you correctly, the answer to not being able to do content designed for people with extremely limited playtime or that are not willing to join a raid guild...is to spend extra time begging for runs from tanks/healers or joining a guild.

:|
90 Draenei Hunter
04/14/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Sórrow
So, if I understand you correctly, the answer to not being able to do content designed for people with extremely limited playtime or that are not willing to join a raid guild...is to spend extra time begging for runs from tanks/healers or joining a guild.

or you could roll a healer?

Healers don't have it easy either. between dailys and scenarios they are often forced to play their offspec, have a slower time killing things or get friends to help.

DPS hasn't seemed to care about the healers issues & are quick to point out that they can OS dps or roll a dps class. Oh you don't want to dps? too bad for you. Well how is it any different now? You have a heal spec? Go heals. You don't? reroll.

In all seriousness....If you can do a LFR run the same time every week but don't have a good guild or friends then I would just set up a run on your realm. Make a post on your realm forums saying you would like to start a LFR run at x time each week. Everyone is welcome and it would be faster queue and smarter people. It may take a few weeks for it to really pick up but I will assume u r not the only one who would like a faster queue so u should be able to get people together :)

I think someone mentioned they would queue as a dps and gear up their tank/heal set that way instead of queuing as healer or tank

I don't think that will happen all that often.

I think the far far worse thing it will cause is that many more people will queue up as healers and be absolute horribly healers. Hybrids who have never healed before in their life and haven't a clue but will try in their dps gear just for the fast queue. And those who do the same as tanks. It will be scary.

you will probably also see an increase of people joining as a healer but still being in dps spec and dpsing.

IMO this content is not very healer friendly and if less people are interested in healer then ofcourse it is going to mean longer waits as you have to keep waiting for more healers.
Edited by Isaboo on 4/14/2013 11:12 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
aus
I think the far far worse thing it will cause is that many more people will queue up as healers and be absolute horribly healers. Hybrids who have never healed before in their life and haven't a clue but will try in their dps gear just for the fast queue. And those who do the same as tanks. It will be scary.

The ratio of heals to dps in 5 man and lfr is not that different. If people who healed 5 mans heals lfr their would not be a big queue, your probably not going to get under 5-10 minutes just because at a certain point the queue itself is no longer an incentive.

You don't need hybrids who have never healed before, just the people that heal heroics.
90 Draenei Hunter
You don't need hybrids who have never healed before, just the people that heal heroics.

Yes but you also have healers in heroics who may just not have the ilvl yet to do atleast ToT lfr.

Healers who are alts where the players can run a quick heroic on their alt but not have the time or want to always run lfr on them. I think alts probably play a huge role in that.

And healers who can run a heroic fairly quick for the valor.

LFR takes time. Even more so ToT where you may end up with many wipes.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]