Anyone remember Divine Intervention?

90 Human Paladin
My god I miss that spell. Incredibly not useful, but still. It was always fun when they asked: "What happened, why did everyone but me die?"
Anyone else remember this or have any Paladin nostalgia we can reminisce about?

This is me as I lol in my seat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSf9aEETnvE

And I mean the old old DI, the one where the paladin had to sacrifice themselves to put the ultimate bubble on their target :}

for those who don't remember: http://www.wowwiki.com/Divine_Intervention
Edited by Aleaina on 4/8/2013 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In ye olden days when Horde didn't have Paladins, I often wondered whether I could become an engineer and use my mind-control hat on a Horde to DI them. Not sure if that would've worked, but if so, I suspect it would have been a reasonably reliable 3-minute stun.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I still remember when I was a relatively new raider to my guild and I accidentally DIed the Tank on Deathbringer in ICC instead of the person I was supposed to hit.

Vent rage, good times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I still remember when I was a relatively new raider to my guild and I accidentally DIed the Tank on Deathbringer in ICC instead of the person I was supposed to hit.

Vent rage, good times.

I remember that strategy. Never played paladin at the time, but it was funny the strategy revolved around the paladin committing suicide.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh I remember the good days with that spell...I was sad Wrath was the last xpac to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I miss it. AAmazing wipe recovery, would be really good to have it back.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had a DI buddy in TBC, if things went wrong she'd run to the designated spot and we'd save a repair bill.

I really want that spell back.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That spell was very useful. I saved plenty of wipes in the days where when you died running back was a long and painful journey.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/08/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Aleaina
Incredibly not useful, but still.

Funny, my days of raiding in Vanilla/TBC say otherwise. The run back was much longer to recover from than a DI'ed rezzer class.

It was incredibly useful. Nowadays, GYs are right outside the door of the instance and running through the instance isn't so incredibly long anyhow with the addition of waypoints.
Edited by Berith on 4/9/2013 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Running back from a wipe in SSC... ugh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Running back from a wipe in SSC... ugh.

Prince in Karazhan... "Didn't somebody open the service entrance ?" GG.
Reply Quote
Using DI on the tank in Alterac Valley on Drek was a guaranteed way to make yourself laugh and make 39 others rage. Ah, the good ole days.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Using DI on the tank in Alterac Valley on Drek was a guaranteed way to make yourself laugh and make 39 others rage. Ah, the good ole days.

And this is why we can't have nice things.
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 07:52 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

And this is why we can't have nice things.

I feel like raid strategies involving DI to make clever use of a boss mechanic is the more likely candidate as to why this ability was removed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
A huge part of me really misses DI; it was a great tool for wipe recovery and it really showed who was a noob. But another part of me is glad it's gone because of how many noobs there are out there these days. I DI'ed someone on a Deathwhisper PuG that wiped, and they were just all, "omg gaiz ah cant movez!!!11!1halp1!!!!1!"

...And, for some reason I still can't fathom, the Raid Leader still gave him the bloods and the Abom in a Jar. >_<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I feel like raid strategies involving DI to make clever use of a boss mechanic is the more likely candidate as to why this ability was removed.

It was both actually.

Blizzard said it was hard to design mechanics around it and they were tired of people griefing each other with it.

and the Abom in a Jar. >_<

Yeaaaaaah.

I was the third person in my guild to get Tiny Abom, the others were a DK and a Enhance Shaman.

Our loot council was severely, mentally disabled at that period in time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In ye olden days when Horde didn't have Paladins, I often wondered whether I could become an engineer and use my mind-control hat on a Horde to DI them. Not sure if that would've worked, but if so, I suspect it would have been a reasonably reliable 3-minute stun.

I don't think it would've worked; they'd be able to right-click the buff off, since it'd be a "beneficial buff".

@OP: yes, I remember Divine Intervention. I'm a little surprised it wasn't made a talent, but then again, Blizzard has streamlined dungeons to the point where having to run back isn't as painful as it used to be.

In Vanilla, there was a lot of CC needed, you used to have to sneak around patrols to get to where you wanted to go in a dungeon, and there was no queuing. So being able to keep the Priest alive through a wipe was important and useful.

Now, there is queuing, you kill everything you see, CC is usually not needed, and at least partly because of streamlined dungeon design, it's not nearly as punishing to have to run back from the graveyard. So I'm not sure Divine Intervention really has a place in the game, anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
An old Buddy of mine was in a Guild going for Immortal in Naxx (No one dying on any encounter in Naxx 25). On Kel'thuzad one of the Hpallies (being him) got MC'd, DI'd Kel'thuzad, Kel'thuzad despawned and the achievement was lost, LOL!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]