Restoration Shaman Spread Healing Ideas

90 Orc Shaman
So obviously there is a lack of spread healing able to be done by Resto Shamans. I'm not here to debate that.

So here is an idea that I thought of (and other people probably thought of it too).

This is my recommendation. Have the chain heal glyph become baseline with no cd (meaning keep the yard increase but drop the cd to it). Then, make tidal waves also make chain heal instant cast IF AND ONLY IF used with TWO stacks of Tidal waves. This way, you have to choose either ONE instant chain heal, or TWO single-target heals with Tidal waves (If chain heal is used with 2x tidal waves, it would not grant another 2x tidal waves). Sounds like a good idea to me.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas? I'd like to hear them!
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Paladin
HC
04/09/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Busser
Then, make tidal waves also make chain heal instant cast IF AND ONLY IF used with TWO stacks of Tidal waves.

I don't think people's problems have to deal with how fast/instant Chain Heal is or is not. I think it has something to deal with more along the lines of them feeling like what they have isn't enough.
Edited by Practical on 4/12/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
What do you mean when you say, "Not feeling like what they have is enough"? I'm perfectly fine with all our of utility and cooldowns, considering HTT/MTT/SL/Ascend is ALOT. I just want a way to throw some more spread heals and I would be a happy !@# camper.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
They almost doubled the healing HST does. I guess that's something? I don't think chain heal needs to be instant. Buffing its chance to proc earthliving back up to 20% per target would probably help a lot.

I'd like to see the current range from the glyph be made baseline, and then the glyph change to make the spell go "backwards" where it arcs to nearby injured players in the way to the target instead of vice versa, with the downscaling going in reverse order.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
They almost doubled the healing HST does. I guess that's something? I don't think chain heal needs to be instant. Buffing its chance to proc earthliving back up to 20% per target would probably help a lot.

I'd like to see the current range from the glyph be made baseline, and then the glyph change to make the spell go "backwards" where it arcs to nearby injured players in the way to the target instead of vice versa, with the downscaling going in reverse order.

It's a tooltip fix for resto.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah. the HST buff was just a tooltip fix, not an actual buff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
04/09/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Blob
They almost doubled the healing HST does. I guess that's something?

Tooltip Fix. No buff.

04/09/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Practical
I don't think people's problems have to deal with how fast/instant Chain Heal is or is not.

I think it has something to deal with more along the lines of them not feeling like what they have isn't enough.

I don't even...

Please go play a shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
[quote]They almost doubled the healing HST does. I guess that's something? I don't think chain heal needs to be instant. Buffing its chance to proc earthliving back up to 20% per target would probably help a lot.

Yeah, I see what you're saying about the earthliving procs for Chain Heal, but being able to throw out a few more chain heals during movement and spread would be nice as well. =D
Reply Quote
28 Goblin Rogue
An easy way to improve resto shaman on movement/spreadout fights without introducing too many new abilities:
1. Make glyph of chain heal baseline without CD
2. Make Spiritwalker's Grace a constant passive ability, Restoration only.
3. Remove CD on riptide (basically make the glyph baseline without the penalty).
4. New level 90 ability - Mass Riptide, applied to all group or raid members within 40 yard range, 45-60 sec CD (to be determined).
Edited by Balkoth on 4/9/2013 7:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
2. Make Spiritwalker's Grace a constant passive ability, Restoration only.

That is just too OP not going to happen.

04/09/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Pebble
I don't think people's problems have to deal with how fast/instant Chain Heal is or is not.

I think the cast time is too long, I'd like it to benefit from TW
Edited by Szam on 4/10/2013 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
28 Goblin Rogue
2. Make Spiritwalker's Grace a constant passive ability, Restoration only. That is just too OP not going to happen.

So you can cast on the move, why is this OP? You are still limited by people being spread out, by your mana/spirit, and your throughput. If fights include a lot of movement, how else do you heal? Plenty of healing classes already have a whole range of healing abilities they can cast on the go. Shaman is the worst in this area. If devs truely find out it is OP based on testing, they can just make some of the hard-cast spells castable on the move instead of applying this as a passive to all healing spells.

And before you bring in PvP, many things can be made PVE only (eg. does not apply in battlegrounds and arena etc).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Make the jump distance increase from CH baseline. Maybe reduce the reduction in amount healed per jump, too. Change the glyph to make it instant cast with CD instead of spammable with casting time.

It's fine IMO for shaman to have a strong multiheal that depends on stacking. It's not so fine to have ALL their multiheals depend on stacking.

Make MTT use the spirit of each player affected, rather than using the shaman's personal spirit for everyone, so that shaman no longer have a weird incentive to gear for more spirit than they personally need. This would be a slight nerf to its actual effectiveness in practice (since the other players won't be gearing for spirit as hard, and after the change, neither will the shaman), so compensate elsewhere, maybe improve Water Shield a bit or something. The net effect would be to keep the raid's total mana supply and healing done about the same, but move more of it into the shaman's meter, if anyone is paying attention to meters. It would also be a small buff in 10s, where there's only one other healer to benefit from MTT in the first place.

Remove glyph of riptide, and instead add a new spell that can be used for the same purposes as glyphed riptide but doesn't trigger Tidal Waves (it may or may not also give the bonus to CH). So effectively you have glyphed *and* unglyphed riptide as options and can use either depending on the encounter (and can even cast one as filler while the other is on CD), without taking up or swapping glyph slots.

With all due respect to scribes, glyph dependence is bad spec design, and shamans have too much of it. Depending on swapping between glyphed and unglyphed from one fight to the next is even worse. Even though the cost of the reagents is insignificant and usually so is the -1 inventory, it's still an unnecessary pain in the neck.

PS A more radical suggestion: split mastery into two effects, reducing the size of the current effect and adding a new bonus that works all the time (or at least can work at any time, if it's a proc), the way Disc got some bonus to heals in exchange for reducing the size of the bonus to shields. Increasing the coefficient on Ancestral Awakening would be one example of a simple but often useful bonus. This won't address spread healing directly (well, it might, I guess, depending on what the new effect is), but it would improve shaman's positioning on meters overall, which seems to be where a lot of the current discontent is coming from anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
The only solution I see is to buff chain heal in every way; throughput (buff it's throughput enough to make it competative with healing rain), range, low cooldown (shared with Healing Rain), no need for riptide to get full effect, etc.

This is a solution that would work. So much of our throughput is linked to Healing Rain. You cannot fix our spread with making our stacked way OP. Unless the 'spread heal' ability shares a CD with Healing Rain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I do like the idea of a mass riptide on like a 60 sec cd, but then again, do we need more cd's?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/11/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Kuwilei

I don't think people's problems have to deal with how fast/instant Chain Heal is or is not. I think it has something to deal with more along the lines of them not feeling like what they have isn't enough.

This is by far the most retarded green post I've ever read. Plz ask blizzard to remove your MVP status.

To OP - I like the idea, but an instant chain heal every couple seconds is too much, 2 tidal waves should be spent to increase the cast speed like other heals, not make it instant. Also, don't baseline the glyph, leave it as a glyph, just remove the CD. And I will be happy.

What is the problem with what Practical wrote?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
04/11/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Kuwilei

I don't think people's problems have to deal with how fast/instant Chain Heal is or is not. I think it has something to deal with more along the lines of them not feeling like what they have isn't enough.

This is by far the most retarded green post I've ever read. Plz ask blizzard to remove your MVP status.

To OP - I like the idea, but an instant chain heal every couple seconds is too much, 2 tidal waves should be spent to increase the cast speed like other heals, not make it instant. Also, don't baseline the glyph, leave it as a glyph, just remove the CD. And I will be happy.

I don't exactly see what the problem is with this post. They could make it instant with no CD and it would still be pretty meh. As it stands, the range, and overall healing done is extremely lackluster. In one of the other other threads, I believe it was Kaels (not 100% sure) that stated a CH on 4 targets with riptide up was about as effective as a PoH that only hit 2 targets.

It's basically barely worth using over just spamming single target heals, which is the main problem. IF it manages to actually heal 4 people (which is kind of annoying to get in a 10man) it's still pretty awful. If someone in the chain gets healed up by another healer in the group, the chain isn't going anywhere and you just casted a pretty green laser on one target.

I feel like they should reduce the cast time, increase the base range to what the glyph offers, reduce the mana cost a bit, reduce the base heal amount, and make it not lose quite as much on each jump if any at all.

I also think having something like stated above with the mass riptide would probably be fine if it shared a CD with healing rain. Maybe a 3 person riptide smart heal that shares a CD and has the same mana cost would probably be pretty neat. Buffing our spread aoe healing while not affecting our stacked healing would make our stacked healing too strong, which is the reason for the shared CD.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/12/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Dìvìné
I don't exactly see what the problem is with this post.

Yeah, me either. I can't imagine what in Practical's post would have inspired that level of level of vitrol, given it looks to be *completely correct*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]