On a low pop server or faction? Talk to us!

90 Tauren Druid
LowPopWow is a new bi-weekly podcast that discusses the rewards and challenges of playing on a low population server or faction in the World of Warcraft. Our goal is to acknowledge the challenges by sharing strategies that players and guilds can use to improve the quality of their game play, and to recognize and celebrate the rewards that come with this unique environment and culture. To do this we draw our guests from the player-base, and ideally each episode offers a round-table discussion of that week's topic by people from a variety of servers and factions.

The show airs live with a chat room at 4pm CST every other Sunday on twitch.tv/lowpopwow and is hosted by Hathorr, who is also the newest co-host of MyEpicHeals.

You can follow us on Twitter @LowPopWow, like us on Facebook at LowPopWow, or visit out website at www.lowpopwow.com. We currently are a labor of love, and are not sponsored or affiliated with any media networks.

We are currently looking for guests, topics, suggestions, and audio clips!

Upcoming episodes:

Sunday, April 14: Learning to Raid
On low pop realms, raiding guild often do not have a wide pool of experienced raiders ready to jump into normal or heroic raids as soon as they are recruited. Similarly, players who are looking to start raiding often are at a disadvantage when it comes to securing a raid spot on these realms. How do guilds and players make the jump from LFR to normal raids?

Sunday, April 28: What we Love!
While Blizzard often has the best of intentions when introducing new features to the game, they can sometimes have unintended or exaggerated consequences for those on low pop realms. This episode seeks to identify and explain what we love about low pop so that when calls for change go out, there is a resource that establishes what we value and don't want to lose with future game changes.
***This is the episode that needs YOUR input the most! Please email us or leave a voice message so your voice can be heard!***

Want to be a guest?
Email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com with information about your character, server, and what unique perspective you would being to the show, as well as specific topics you feel you would be qualified to speak on. We do screening interviews in vent to check sound quality and to make sure that your input is not something we already have covered with another guest or episode.

Want to suggest a topic?
Email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com. Please give as much detail and scope as you can--what players to you think would be interested in this topic, what types of guests would be ideal to discuss the topic, and why you feel it is important to the low pop community.

Want to send us feedback or suggestions?
Email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com. Please be aware that we focus on the positive elements of low pop play more than the negatives, and specifically look for player-initiated solutions to the challenges we face. That being said, we would love to hear your thoughts!

We are looking for YOU to share the reasons why you love your low pop server or faction!
Please leave us an audio message that introduces your toon, your server, and one reason why you love your lo wpop server or faction in 90 seconds or less! You can leave us a message by clicking on the link at www.lowpopwow.com or you are welcome to email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com to make an appointment for us to record you in Skype or Vent.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
You could talk to me about how leaving Malornetanic was a fantastic decision.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
You could talk to me about how leaving Malornetanic was a fantastic decision.

I could say something about how you always want X-Realm invites back to Malorne to exploit the low-pop setting. I could also say something about your raid progress still not reflecting your decision to leave Malorne.

But that would be rude, so I won't.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
But on Malorne you can't kite Oondasta to the raid that's forming and watch him Frill Blast 80 people to death at once.

The wave of bodies falling over makes me laugh everytime.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The whole point, Az, is that we don't WANT to leave!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i wanna leave this server sucks. to bad i have 6 alts i'd have to xfer out, can i haz free xfer thx
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I just wanted to tell you, Hathorr, that I really enjoyed listening to the first episode your podcast and I'll be sure to tune in to future episodes, as well as possibly make an alt on Malorne to find more great community within the game. However, I just wanted to ask you a question on the topic of community in "dying" realms.

At the start of MoP, my previous server, Dentarg (Horde Side), kinda died to the point of where all of my friends transferred to different realms. It got to the point of where I just stopped playing the game because I didn't feel like I was at home in my realm that I started the game in. I few days ago, I finally transferred (and faction changed) to get back into raiding with my old buddies, but I suppose my question is... how do you find a new sense of community once your old one vanishes before your eyes?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I see you stopped updating the website.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Rogue
04/21/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Bluesb
It got to the point of where I just stopped playing the game because I didn't feel like I was at home in my realm that I started the game in. I few days ago, I finally transferred (and faction changed) to get back into raiding with my old buddies, but I suppose my question is... how do you find a new sense of community once your old one vanishes before your eyes?

get given to another community
Edited by Recursiv on 1/23/2014 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
@Significant: Malorne is not a low pop server anymore. According to the realm list, we're high pop. I'm sure it has drastically altered some of Hathorr's plans.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Enjoying your old episodes, hope this is still going because Malorne is actually medium.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]