paralytic poison + pvp set bonus

90 Blood Elf Priest
Does paralytic poison proc enough to set off the pvp 2 piece set bonus crippling poison bonus regularly?
Edited by Aznperzuazn on 4/11/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If I remember there is a bug with the 2pc bonus not applying crippling. Personally for 2s and sometimes in RBGs I like paralytic for the shiv effect. So I'm not worried about it not applying shiv nearly as much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
No it doesn't which is the only thing I dislike about the talent. I've had both paralytic and crippling fall off while on a target due to the reduced proc chance. Sometimes someone will get away and only have a second or two of crippling left. This may be just my experience but it's the main reason I don't like taking it. (although the shiv effect is awesome)
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Para is decent. The low proc chance can be a problem though.

I'd pretty much always go with BoS, if I'm taking Paralytic, just to make sure that (if I have really bad rng) I can still stay on them without having crippling up.
Which essentially means that if I were Sub spec I wouldn't use Para.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
para poison is an artform

and its for sub.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I forgot to mention that it seems like paralytic is affected by the envenom buff. (15% increased proc chance) Could be pretty nice as assassination.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
I forgot to mention that it seems like paralytic is affected by the envenom buff. (15% increased proc chance) Could be pretty nice as assassination.
It indeed is affected by the Envenom buff. Hit envenom when you've got 3 stacks and there's a pretty good chance you'll trigger the stun.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Ive always thought they up the stacks required for para stun to proc to 10 or 12 but increase the chance for it to be applied to 40% or 50% respectively. That way it would be on par with the other utility poisons when it comes to proccing crippling on your target but still have the same stun rate.

I mentioned this months ago but felt like it fell on deaf ears.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Ive always thought they up the stacks required for para stun to proc to 10 or 12 but increase the chance for it to be applied to 40% or 50% respectively. That way it would be on par with the other utility poisons when it comes to proccing crippling on your target but still have the same stun rate.

I mentioned this months ago but felt like it fell on deaf ears.
It's been talked about in these forums a lot. It's a decent idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
50% should be the norm due to Deadly Brew. They can work the other mechanics around that.
Then they just need to make Crippling benefit from Deadly Brew somehow and all our Poisons will be on(somewhat) equal footing.

I mean, if you use Leeching/Paralytic, you're still technically trading two things for one. The other talent + Mind-Numbing. Not sure what they can do about that though.
Maybe they should rework the talent poisons to be "In addition, your non-lethal poison also applies . . .".
Edited by Knocrogue on 5/11/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Maybe they should rework the talent poisons to be "In addition, your non-lethal poison also applies . . .".
What they should do is switch it to Blade Twisting instead of Deadly Brew. Change Twisting into 50% slow , Make crip apply the 70% slow again (root shiv?).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I would love the 70% snare back. But, I don't think they'd even consider it. :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
I mean, if you use Leeching/Paralytic, you're still technically trading two things for one. The other talent + Mind-Numbing. Not sure what they can do about that though.

imo:

Make leeching a passive that procs on any damage and heals for 5% of all damage dealt.

paralytic has a 50% proc rate but needs to stack to 12.

playtest: have shiv proc both crippling shiv + the other non lethal shiv. If it's too powerful scrap it but crippling rarely procs with the pvp bonus as is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]