Is holy word: Sanctuary worth using?

90 Night Elf Priest
I primarily use it to mark where we need to stack if I'm Holy for that particular fight.

I also agree 100% with Winni:

Not if it is at the expense of having all of my other heals gimped. No thanks. Being tied to a ground AoE is
A. A niche that has already been filled.
B. Poopy and Unfun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It is great for LFR.

It causes everyone’s computer to slow down a bit, so I get an edge on the healing meters compared to anyone who is running with a slower graphics card.

Just make sure you cast it where the other healers are forced to stare at it, regardless of where the rest of the raid is standing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
If you can expect a lot of people to stand in it for a while (Iron Qon), it's worth the GCD. But it's not as good as a signature specialization spell should be.
Edited by Meioh on 4/13/2013 8:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you can expect a lot of people to stand in it for a while (Iron Qon), it's worth the GCD. But it's not as good as a signature specialization spell should be.

That's kind of what I was getting at. I just wanted it to be some useful and practical ability you get for using sanctuary chakra, like serenity has, for stacking but as it is most holy priests wouldn't bother using it at all (making the floor pretty is not a valid argument). It doesn't need to be healing rain good or good enough that holys other spells would need to be nerfed (which would be ridiculous imo) but the current implementation is bothersomely underwhelming.

BTW I love that heroic ICC mog on a draenei. I kept the normal version gear in my bags since ICC and definately don't mind being green.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
HC
Think of it this way, it should be like the Shamans Healing Rain, that makes more !@#$ing sense.

Then all your other heals can be nerfed by 40%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/13/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Sensations
Think of it this way, it should be like the Shamans Healing Rain, that makes more !@#$ing sense.

Then all your other heals can be nerfed by 40%.

Yep.

It's a really bad idea for Sanctuary to do anything more than it already does.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I feel like I post this in every thread about Holy Priest but man, remember when HW Sanc was good, through the entirety of Cataclysm? The spell really doesn't have to suck, I promise.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I feel like I post this in every thread about Holy Priest but man, remember when HW Sanc was good, through the entirety of Cataclysm? The spell really doesn't have to suck, I promise.

The best I remember it being was "okay," though I'll grant you that I played 10 mans and not 25s on my Priest at the time and this is likely skewing my perception of the spell. I liked that it rolled Echo of Light on the raid. Miss that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

It was good in DS25 (and only DS25) and only because (a) patch 4.3 broke the DR and (b) most fights had phases that involved the entire raid stacked in one spot for 15-30 seconds straight taking buttloads of damage and (c) it played well with Mastery.

It was worthless in 10mans through the entire expansion and it was barely acceptable on a few fights in 25 pre-DS.

Which is perfectly fine. It is quite welcome to continue to be bad. If they would like to convert it into a utility spell, that's fine, but I absolutely do not want any more of my healing diverted into it.
Edited by Kaels on 4/13/2013 10:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]