Severe lack of healing output in HoF

100 Tauren Druid
My guild's main raiding group has gone on hiatus and since our secondary raid group needed heals I went with them this week. I thought we did fairly well up until Garalon. We were struggling with what seemed like a severe lack of heals. People were dieing.

In our main raid group, I still typically come out on top of healing but it's not usually like it was tonight, where I'm doing more healing than the other two healers combined. Every attempt it seemed like the same story; me propping up the entire raid until I start sucking fumes at which point we begin to fall behind on health and people start to die.

Any tips would be appreciated. Right now I'm just trying to stack as much spirit as possible and that has worked well for me so far. I use Spirit food and flasks also. I feel like I could use about 5k more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w5mzlj3iu8nlz8ad/sum/healingDone/

We did eventually get him down, just barely.
Edited by Gotnorice on 4/21/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Honestly you did fine there. Your LB could have been better it it's not god awful.

What happened there was your Palladin and Shaman we're terrible and you were making up for it. I can understand the Shaman not doing as well but that Pally has no excuse.

You have a lot of spirit - having more in these situations isn't really the right choice. If your Pally was doing his job you two could have two healed this fight and you would have had mana to spare.

Don't use spirit food and flasks. You might make a case in low gear but you're talking about healing an encounter that has been nerfed. I use to 2 heal this fight heroic pre nerf with a lot less spirit than you currently have. Trust me you need a better partner or that guy needs to pick it up.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
If you're not overhealing then go for Mastery instead, it'll make all your heals and HoTs bigger. So you don't have to cast as much. You'll get full value out of blanketing the raid in Rejuv for example.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just put in the pally's head that he should start eternal flame spreading, and use his cooldowns when big damage spikes come, Light of Dawn is good aoe, but isn't quite as powerful as getting eternal flame procs and putting it on 5 people in a row(effectively a minor damage reduction to everyone)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Depending on what assignments you all had (if any), your shaman probably should have used a lot more chain & rain. 4 ranged dps+3 healers means there should have been ample opportunity to drop those on a ranged group even if they were all taking turns kiting.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
04/14/2013 03:23 AMPosted by Moophious
Honestly you did fine there. Your LB could have been better it it's not god awful.

Thanks for the tip. I was having issues with people going out of range, mostly when on the other side of the purple crush circle, and then having LB expire on them before they got back in range. A lot of people were getting hit by the swipe also, which wasn't helping things.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
04/14/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Gotnorice

Thanks for the tip. I was having issues with people going out of range, mostly when on the other side of the purple crush circle, and then having LB expire on them before they got back in range. A lot of people were getting hit by the swipe also, which wasn't helping things.

Yes it's important to ride the line as I say and keep that pheromone guy lifebloomed up.

Here's a trick - switch it prior to it reaching 2 seconds on refresh either to yourself or to another in need until you're back in range. This will save you that 3 GCD.
Reply Quote
Being honest here, but the shaman and pally are both lacking by a ton. The best thing you can do is not to just improve yourself, but improve the 2 other healers IMO.
I seriously don't think that shaman had a clue on how to heal as resto. The paladin, still is quite bad, did much better then the shaman.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Yes it's important to ride the line as I say and keep that pheromone guy lifebloomed up.

Here's a trick - switch it prior to it reaching 2 seconds on refresh either to yourself or to another in need until you're back in range. This will save you that 3 GCD.

^^This. I always move it to myself in emergency when theres 2seconds left if I cannot, for some reason, reach the tank (or in the case or garalon, the active kiter, who should have your LB)

Also to throw my 2cents out, OP, I think you should drop a good 1.5k spirit. Go down to 10k and tell the pally to abuse the living crap out of EF. Seriously Pallies are insane with EF on garalon. Another tip that could help for range issues, a lot of times it's best to use WG on one of the soakers on garalon as that, under a lot of situations, cause it to spread to the active kiter, or any melee group on the opposite side.
Edited by Tonydanza on 4/14/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also, you may want to get rid of the Rejuve glyph and pick up Regrowth instead. With all those Regrowths you cast, your Living Seed uptime is horrible. I did that same fight last night, and using Regrowth on the tanks before Swipes, knowing that they will be getting a guaranteed Living Seed, can help.

But yeah, your paladin really needs to step it up.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Same group for the most part, we are now struggling on Grand Empress Shek'zeer with again what seems like a severe lack of healing output.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/of9aj5ut552z7deh/sum/healingDone/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Same group for the most part, we are now struggling on Grand Empress Shek'zeer with again what seems like a severe lack of healing output.

This is Moophious -

That Paladin is hopeless. I really hate to say such a thing but in reality he should be at least on par with you and on some encounters be beating you by a fair margin. Your longest try here

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/of9aj5ut552z7deh/details/19/?s=2789&e=3195

So she is using beacon as I looked at buffs casts during so my mistake.

I can take a guess at why he is this way

Bad UI or no proper UI setup
Has little idea on how or what to cast or when
Plays on a sub-par computer and or has a small screen
Clicks to cast

And last but certainly not least - some people are just not very good at healing in wow and no amount of play time will help their mediocrity. It's like singing. Voice coaches can help a great voice improve but can't do a damn thing for a lousy singer.

You simply outclass the other healers. The fact that you're having troubles on this previous nerfed content also means that you are in a raid group that is not very capable. Again I hate to say such things considering some people are very very casual but if your personal goal is to kill dragons and perhaps move into ToT I suggest serious changes for your group or for you to move on.

You play your toon pretty well and I know many a guild would love to have you.
Edited by Sacrified on 4/21/2013 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

While your co-healers' healing isn't great, what's stopping you from limping your way to a kill is that your tanks (mainly the DK) are getting their asses kicked by adds. That's not usually a healing problem.

Taking a look at a few death logs, it's pretty clear your paladin is doing the right thing on the DK tank, and you're doing the right thing on the warrior (with the help of his Beacon, which may be why the warrior is lasting longer). I can't really tell what the shaman's doing, if anything, so you may want to look into that.

I'm not great at reading tank logs, but do make sure your tanks are holding CDs and chaining them on the adds. And you're taking the piles separately, right? And focusing down one Windblade in each pile as fast as possible?

You do need to fix your paladin and shaman at some point, but this boss is killable without having that conversation. Moophious is right about the paladin. I mean, I'm a bad paladin, but that's just abysmal.
Edited by Kaels on 4/21/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thank you for the replies. I very much appreciate the honesty in both of your comments.

Knottybits is actually the raid-leader, and a female. They are one of two raid groups in our guild. I usually raid with the other but too many members are on vacation right now and stuff.

This other group usually raids with a different resto druid, and the three seem fairly on-par with each other,
Example: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ssdvu8brwpwqql5p/sum/healingDone/

About the Paladin and Beacon, you said the paladin didn't use Beacon once in the 16 wipes. I don't know anything about paladin healing, but it shows her #2 heal behind "Other" as "Beacon of Light". Is that something other than "Beacon"?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Beacon of Light is Beacon. Missed that part of Moophious's post - she was using Beacon fairly well, it's not that, it's all the other stuff.

If I could give her one piece of advice, it would be to cast Holy Shock on CD. Every time. Whether anyone needs it or not.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Be careful when criticizing friends/guildies. Being cooperative with one another is more important for a raid group over following encounter mechanics, mad skills, or good loot. The hardest of hardcores would probably give the same advice.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b39kdcodt2mw4tts/sum/healingDone/

Damn we are so close. We got the Empress to 4% on one of the attempts last night :(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b39kdcodt2mw4tts/sum/healingDone/

Damn we are so close. We got the Empress to 4% on one of the attempts last night :(

Here's our last HoF empress kill (it's been a while).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6a6xo7rc1g9079me/sum/healingDone/?s=6398&e=6968

Your shaman isn't using their totems effectively. Healing tide is my #1 spell on this fight, generally cast when the Sonic Discharge goes off. We three healers cycle cooldowns on those, so that a cooldown is used on each one.

My healing stream totem did 4.8M heals versus 2.1M in your parse. That thing should be down any time the raid is taking damage. It's cheap and almost never overheals.

If you look at buffs, I kept Tidal waves up 75.6% of the time versus 37.2% for your healer. Tidal waves is absolutely critical to a shaman's healing throughput, especially considering how many GHWs your shaman cast. You should almost never cast a GHW without Tidal Waves up.

Hope that puts your shaman on a path to better output.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]