5.3 PTR Talkback for holy paladins

(Locked)

90 Draenei Paladin
The mastery nerf will be slightly countered by lower overhealing on other abilities; for instance, it's not hard to imagine situations where some EF ticks that would have been overheal actually count now. It's still more than a minor nerf though.

Daybreak changes are broadly a good idea, although I'm worried about the long-term situation where Radiance becomes widely used outside of AoE healing.
90 Tauren Paladin
I still have yet to see where it says it affects scaling. Any posts from blizzard confirming that?
90 Draenei Paladin
Now that I think about it, making haste decrease the cooldown of holy shock would be nice, if properly tuned and capped at say... 4 secs?

This would make sense, since the class already has the haste reduction built into Sanctity of Battle (would obviously have to make it spell haste for Holy).

Overall, I'd say the nerfs are expected and justified. Mastery is just *too* good right now. Hopefully Blizz won't overshoot the mark and over nerf us, but time will tell I suppose.

Also, to people asking about the scaling of Mastery, everything I've heard from the PTR is that it has indeed been nerfed slightly (same scale as the base, so around ~16.7%). This is just hearsay, though. No confirmation yet as far as I know.
I think it has to do with how base mastery relates to mastery scaling. From what I've read, the base mastery of all classes is equivalent to 4800 mastery rating. Thus, paladins right now need 4800/12% = 400 rating for a 1% Mastery shield increase; with the nerf, they need 4800/10% = 480 rating for 1% Mastery increase.
90 Draenei Paladin
MTR
Just got off the ptr it the scaling is reduced from 1.50(1.50*8 mastery points= 12%) to 1.25.(1.25*8 mastery points = 10%)
90 Human Paladin
Well. I've want to go crit healing anyway.
100 Pandaren Monk
On topic: I'm interested in seeing where this takes holy paladins for gearing my alt, but I doubt mastery will ever be replaced, shielding is just too good comparing to the amount of overhealing these days.

Off topic: The only set of healers I've ever seen accept getting nerfed 0.o
90 Human Paladin
On topic: I'm interested in seeing where this takes holy paladins for gearing my alt, but I doubt mastery will ever be replaced, shielding is just too good comparing to the amount of overhealing these days.

Off topic: The only set of healers I've ever seen accept getting nerfed 0.o

instead of vying with disc for the top spot. with the mastery nerf plus swapping over to t15. I will say hpallies will be vying for the 3rd and 4th spots. it's around a 10% nerf overall from what I can gather.
Edited by Basilius on 4/20/2013 4:13 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I never understand people that cry about nerfs. Yeah, it would suck if they nerfed all healers at once since that would make killing bosses harder, but to balance us to make for a better healing comp and not have people lose their raid spots because blizzard is bad at predicting what will happen is just ugh. Yeah sure, it will be weird seeing your name lower on the meters/WoL but if that is seriously your main concern playing a healer maybe you should re-evaluate wtf you're doing. Play the best you can, no matter nerfs or buffs. I'd rather be nerfed and still carry my weight than being told I'm only a good healer because I'm a holy paladin.

Back on topic: I want a crit build!! I'm almost excited to see how this plays out. And the change to daybreak is super nice, specially now that we won't hold on to T14, casting 2 HR in a row without a HS in between won't "waste" a daybreak.
100 Human Paladin
And the change to daybreak is super nice, specially now that we won't hold on to T14, casting 2 HR in a row without a HS in between won't "waste" a daybreak.

I actually prefer the proposed PTR Daybreak as well. I find myself (when I go holy) wasting Daybreaks, because heavy damage mandates that I HR twice before HS comes off CD.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I think that, for me, the daybreak changes will minimise the impact from Illuminated Healing nerf. The real result is that my mistweaver co-healer's overhealing will go down a little and overall raid HTPS will remain as is.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I think that, for me, the daybreak changes will minimise the impact from Illuminated Healing nerf. The real result is that my mistweaver co-healer's overhealing will go down a little and overall raid HTPS will remain as is.

Interesting thing about those Daybreak changes. My Daybreak healing percentage went down. It was about 3% of my total healing in 5.2 (with T15 4pc), now it's less than 1.5% -- and that's with me doing less healing overall due to the mastery nerf.

So... yeah. Don't get your hopes too high.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]