Holy Paladins just don't bring enough in an arena match any more. They are fine at low ratings where players forget to dispel sac before cc, don't take notice of divine protection or mess their lockouts/cc up. But we do not perform at high ratings nearly as well as a restoration shaman/druid/monk/priest due to our lack of utility, lack of CC breaks and poor defensive cooldowns. I'm not treating this as a QQ thread and won't go into the details further.
The suggestions (this is linked from arenajunkies so I do not take credit for this, I do however agree with all of these points) are as follows and I understand some may be over the top but one or two of these suggestions may help to balance holy paladins:
* Divine protection usable in a stun or make it glyphable to do so and reduce all damage taken by 40% 3min cd (currently 1min and only magic damage) similar to pain suppresion
* Revert blind change or make it a 0.5 cast or provide a mechanic that makes it instant for 3 seconds after a stun/silence so it can be used defensively
* Aura mastery to break silences
* Reduce fear duration effects on a paladin by 30% like it was with Unyielding Faith before it was removed in Patch 4.0.1 (Cataclysm)
* Make sacred shield a real shield..
* Make freedom/sac undispelable or a cooldown to make them undispelable during that spells duration, or offer a talent that allows this such as replacing hand of purity (meaning we don't get double freedom/sac/bop etc in exchange for making them undispelable) this is to help counter how easy it is to CC a holy paladin
* Divine plea to lose the 50% MS possibly lower it to 25% and/or consider making it undispelable (perhaps with a glyph?)
* Make hand of purity a better spell to even consider taking over Clemency, perhaps a buff that makes hand spells undispelable while it's active but increase its cooldown?
We are unfortunately one of the weakest of the healers right now and our over representation last season was largely due to overpowered warriors and the synergy holy paladins have with them.
These are simply suggestions to help balance Holy Paladins in arena, I understand several have an impact on RBGs and PVE and some may be overpowered so please feel free to offer opinions or ideas.