Glyph of Cheap Shot and Garrote Nerfed

90 Pandaren Rogue
combat buffs?!?! no? not yet? okay then :[
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Trying to spin this a buff for defenses is just so...out there though. This isnt a buff to anything its a nerf plain and simple.

What did nerfing CD glyph do to boost CloS? Nothing. Close is the same before, and its the same after...if you wanted it so badly you could have used it before the glyph nerf anyway.

I didn't say it was a direct buff. You AGAIN are skewering my words, so this is the last I'll say of any of this; I tire of trying to talk sense into people who are only interested in listening to themselves talk.

Cheap shot glyph was nerfed, making it pretty much useless now, freeing up a glyph slot since it was a pretty standard setup for quite a long time.

Rogues have said pretty much all of MoP that we want survivabity and defensives, and because of this neutering of cheap shot glyph, we indirectly get that in the form of cloak glyph. While I'm saddened that cheap shot is no longer 5 seconds, I look at it as a possibility instead of a problem; that seems to be where you and I differ.

While powerful, the loss of 1 second isn't going to break us, and at the same time, we can gain access to a glyph that gives us a defensive boost.

Realistically our cheap shot is being nerfed, but also realistically we get a free glyph slot to play with a little more than we did before. Despite the attractiveness of cloak glyph, cheap shot came out ahead in the long run because of how stun-centered we are, and now with it being worthless, cloak will undoubtedly take its place.

If that isn't laid out clear enough for you, then I'm afraid I'm all out of spoons with which to feed you. Say I'm putting on blinders all you wish, I'll say you're a cynic who's just looking to feel absolute.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Cheap shot glyph was nerfed, making it pretty much useless now, freeing up a glyph slot since it was a pretty standard setup for quite a long time.

Rogues have said pretty much all of MoP that we want survivabity and defensives, and because of this neutering of cheap shot glyph, we indirectly get that in the form of cloak glyph. While I'm saddened that cheap shot is no longer 5 seconds, I look at it as a possibility instead of a problem; that seems to be where you and I differ.

You said in your OP

This actually helps rogue defensives if you think about it, and that's what we all have wanted.

In order to get this boost in defense, we had to sacrifice the extra second of cheap, but in turn we get a wall every minute.

I like it.

This change DOES NOT boost defense in any way.

The CloS itself was not changed in any way...what you are saying is akin to

"If they nerfed every glyph to the ground and left CloS unchanged, then its a buff to defenses"

In order for our def to be buffed....it would have had to be buffed (or everyones offenses nerfed)

Your assertion that this frees up a glyph slot is also wrong...

That slot was never locked to CS, you could have CloS this very second if you want...if you dont its because you are comfortable with your def as it stands given your options.

When those options change and you reevaluate that does not mean your def is now better..its just means you changed your opinion given your options.

I'll say you're a cynic who's just looking to feel absolute.

Look I get it..you want everything to be sugar and rainbows and you want to look on the brightside and think of everything as a buff...but its not.

This is a nerf to CC, not a buff to def, this is not "what we all wanted" (assuming you are talking about survivability).

Personally idc much about the change. Sure it sucks but I will just use smoke instead probably. But I am not going to stick my head in the sand and call this a buff when its not.

Gotta see stuff for what is is kid, you cant sugar coat everything.
Edited by Timat on 4/16/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I'm done. I won't subject myself to someone trying to frustrate me by quoting half of what I say and blowing it out of context. Stupid insults like "kid" show your true intent, so I'm fine with leaving you running your mouth as I walk away.

You'll get no rise from me, but I applaud your attempt. It takes nerve to display such hypocrisy boldly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/16/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Káin
I'm done. I won't subject myself to someone trying to frustrate me by quoting half of what I say and blowing it out of context. Stupid insults like "kid" show your true intent, so I'm fine with leaving you running your mouth as I walk away.

I wouldnt call you a kid if you didnt sound like one. /shrug

Trying to see a "bright side" when there isnt one is childish so I said kid, sorry if that offeneds you but frankly idc heh.

This change is a nerf to CC, its not a buff to def, its not a buff to the CloS glyph...its simply a nerf to CC. Trying to spin it as anything but is childish dreaming.

You'll get no rise from me, but I applaud your attempt. It takes nerve to display such hypocrisy boldly.

Why would I want to get a rise out of you? You are a nameless faceless person behind a keyboard, that is not an insult (although given what you have shown here you will probably take it as one) its simply a fact. Even if I did want to anger you it wouldnt be worth it if I couldnt see the results.

No, I just disagree with you, now you may think that every disagreement, every slight jab at you is some grand personal offense but its not, you arent worth it to be honest.

And you throw this word hypocrisy around but I dont think you understand what it means.

04/16/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Nakuzar
He is not even fully enchanted

Not sure what part of me isnt chanted lol
Edited by Timat on 4/16/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J31XfLjPKbQ/TzjkDdxBkGI/AAAAAAAABy0/yfualFu7fTE/s1600/images.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/16/2013 10:22 PMPosted by Kiljagen

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-J31XfLjPKbQ/TzjkDdxBkGI/AAAAAAAABy0/yfualFu7fTE/s1600/images.jpg

Hey it worked for mages according to the daily blink right!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
NND
Those concerning themselves with Timat; don't take it personally. He ruins every thread he comes in contact with. Simply one those guys that has to find something to argue about without adding anything truly valuable to the subject. Completely wrecked my thread a few weeks ago, consistently taking things out of context and putting words in people's mouths while strutting around like "king of the castle, king of the castle." Save the replies and arguments addressing him, it really isn't anyone's best interests except his own.

As for the nerf, I lol myself at 0.5 seconds, but a pretty good tell-sign of something that needs to be tweaked or nerfed is if everyone uses it, and is nearly mandatory for high ranking pvp.

The glyphs were intended to be something that wasn't just "Lets see, Noxxic says these 3 glyphs are best... ok then" and carry on their way. I would prefer to see different variation between players and the talents and glyphs they choose. Though I honestly think this game has gotten a bit too ahead of itself to allow for full customization and there truly not be "a best choice."
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This post has been deleted.
Edited by Avengard on 6/23/2013 10:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It's funny, the amount of nerfs Rogues are getting. Just reroll to DK.

These nerfs tbh arent anything major.

ST energy was doubled...but so was its damage as well, and it still has the auto attacks on it.

Garrote glyph is still 1sec of additional silence, and currently its our only silence so it wont DR with any of our other skills

CS nerf is meh at best....the glyph was no-brainer good but losing it isnt going to trash the class that much.

Rogues still have their issues atm....but I think they are mostly "Fun/style" based problems not really mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

ST energy was doubled...but so was its damage as well, and it still has the auto attacks on it.
damage is only being doubled for when it was used at less then 10 yards.
10+ yards you'll be doing the same as on live.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

damage is only being doubled for when it was used at less then 10 yards.
10+ yards you'll be doing the same as on live.

True, but its still not a loss of strike damage as in each ST you throw wont be doing less damage, you just wont be throwing them as often.

Which like I said, is fine since it still has auto attacks on it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Oh I totally agree I'm just pointing out that you have incorrect information in that post. You stated that the dmg was doubled, which it's not.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/17/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Kiljagen
Oh I totally agree I'm just pointing out that you have incorrect information in that post. You stated that the dmg was doubled, which it's not.

Gonna nitpick here but I was right, the damage was double, but the bonus damage at range was taken off.

If anything I am guilty of omitting info that the bouns ranged damage was nixed, but as for as ST damage being doubled it was...the coding for ST was changed to double its damage, and not provide bonus damage at range.

But that's a major splitting of hairs there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
But that's a major splitting of hairs there.
It is indeed.

I was just trying to get the point across that your earlier post makes it sound like the effective damage is double what it is on live at both >10 and <10 yards. Which is not the case, it's only double the live effective damage at <10.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]