Enhance PvP gems, reforging, stats, & talents

90 Tauren Shaman
Good morning, Shaman forums. I'm moving back into my Enhancement shaman after playing a ret paladin after a while. I started playing an enhancement shaman back in Wrath until 5.1, which I switched to a Paladin for a while. Now that I'm moving back into a Shaman, I have a few questions.

With the current patch, I'm gemming:

Reds: +agi/+PvP Resil
Blues: +PvP power
Yellows: +PvP Resil
Meta: +agi/+crit

With the next patch, I'm planning to start moving into mastery or PvP power, due to PvP resil becoming baseline. Is that the way I should move?

Now for reforging, I usually use this as a stat priority:

3% hit > 3% expertise > mastery > haste > crit

Is that about what I need to do? I usually never reforge crit, so crit usually gets reforged into mastery or haste. I'm pretty sure it's the same way.

Talent choice I'm currently playing around with a few talents. I have a few questions, though:

Tier one: Choice between Stone Bulwark and Astral shift. My main question is that does AS stack with SR? If it does, if you use both at the same time, it's at 70% reduction. If not, which is better, SBT or AS?

Tier two: Choice between Frozen Power and Windwalk Totem. Frozen Power is a good gap closer when you need it, but with frost shock + unleashed fury frostbrand weapon, is it really necessary since you have ghost wolf + wolf sprint + unleashed fury sprint?

WWT adds another totem, and increases mobility. That might be better than FP due to the fact we have all those other speed increases. What are your thoughts?

Tier three: I use totemic projection. No other ability looks as good, really.\

Tier four: While all three look attractive, I've been playing around with Elemental Mastery and Echo of the Elements. After using Elemental Mastery for a while, I chose Echo of the Elements. It procs often, and there's a lot less thought. What are your thoughts? A DPS cooldown or something that procs often?

Tier 5: Healing Tide Totem or Ancestral Guidance. I haven't tried HTT, but it looks decent. My time with AG has varied. It seems like it doesn't heal enough to actually do anything. I don't use it often, though. What are your thoughts?

Tier 6: I use Unleashed Fury. Though, is Primal Elementalist better?

Lastly, glyphs:

Major:

Glyph of Healing Storm
Glyph of Shamanistic Rage
Glyph of Feral Spirit

My choice in majors is mostly for the increase of healing and playing defensively. Healing Storm and Shamanistic Rage seem to be great choices, but the third varies from Shaman to Shaman. Is there any better glyph choices?

Thanks for any feedback you guys give!

EDIT: What are the best enchants that people are using, lately, by the way?
Edited by Naharak on 4/17/2013 7:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm waiting to see if they do anything with Resil gems to balance out that it is not baseline.
If it starts at 65% then every additional point is worth significantly less, so the gems will need to be rebalanced in some way...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm waiting to see if they do anything with Resil gems to balance out that it is not baseline.
If it starts at 65% then every additional point is worth significantly less, so the gems will need to be rebalanced in some way...

Well, according to http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9331806/

Players will still be able to use Resilience gems and enchants

It might be worth still going the way I'm gemming, but we'll see how things go. The best thing MIGHT be to just starting gemming PvP power.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The part I am unsure about is if it will make the resi on gems less effective, or if the scaling will start at 65%.
For example, if it starts at 0% then 100 Resil would add 1% (not actual figures), but will 100 Resil still add 1% when we start at 65%? Or will it add like 0.45%? That is what I wish to know before I made any choices.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The part I am unsure about is if it will make the resi on gems less effective, or if the scaling will start at 65%.
For example, if it starts at 0% then 100 Resil would add 1% (not actual figures), but will 100 Resil still add 1% when we start at 65%? Or will it add like 0.45%? That is what I wish to know before I made any choices.

I would guess that it is going to keep the same scaling that it is currently. We'll see, I suppose.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
Not sure id ever gem mastery for pvp. Generally, so far, its Resil>pvpP>agil. Still going gem resil until 5.3 hits, then see at what pnt (if any) pvpP,agil > resil. Personally, it wld be nice to see 70% dr from resil alone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Hoping to get some answers.
Reply Quote
Vangaurd's (a well-known gladiator on a few toons) made a guide on enhancement shamans and is planning on rolling one next patch while tweaking his play-style this patch. He made a guide and its fairly good. Here's the link: http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/shaman/19-vanguards-enhance-shaman-guide-52/ Enjoy :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Vangaurd's (a well-known gladiator on a few toons) made a guide on enhancement shamans and is planning on rolling one next patch while tweaking his play-style this patch. He made a guide and its fairly good. Here's the link: http://www.arenajunkies.com/strategy/shaman/19-vanguards-enhance-shaman-guide-52/ Enjoy :D

Thank you very much!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]