Shadow 2pc and temporary haste buffs...

90 Troll Priest
I mean, if it ends up that ignoring tier is better DPS, they'll have to do something to fix it or address the situation. We'd be the first class in forever that wouldn't take tier. In fact, I can't remember that ever happening, and I don't see that as something they want.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I have been saving my interests in gear on set pieces and ignoring other upgrades in those slots (aside from my chest, which was bad before). Now I definitely need to build an alternative set of gear if they don't want to address this in a timely manner. I went out of my way to configure my UI (and very recently I might add) to help me refresh my dots when procs increased their strength and/or speed. Only to have this happen.

Fail Blizz.

I mean, aside from the fact that it would be lazy and bad if they ignored this, this is my biggest problem with it. I was fairly lucky in my guild to get my 4set quickly and if this isn't fixed, then its wasted conq gear that could've gone to someone else. (Not to mention how annoying it would be to get all new pieces in all those slots)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
i honestly don't get why shadow UVLS got nerfed and not, say, warlocks and moonkin.
Moonkin's usage did get nerfed. They have the worst proc-rate on UVLS by far.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 12m

@NathanObert @SerumD @HowToPriest Okay, we'll test it some more. That's not what we're seeing.

Nice we got a good response! Maybe we will be using tier after all
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 12m

@NathanObert @SerumD @HowToPriest Okay, we'll test it some more. That's not what we're seeing.

Nice we got a good response! Maybe we will be using tier after all

Maybe. Here's to hoping they actually test it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
In my testing, I've also been assuming GC's definition of 'normal duration' was the baseline 18 secs. Twin suggested that it may actually be the baseline 5/6 ticks for VT/SWP, which would explain some of the inconsistencies.

The rest may come down to not knowing when the actual stat snapshot is being made from the 2pc.

1) When the SA is added to the queue
2) When the SA spawns
3) When the SA hits
3a) When the dot gets refreshed

not 100% sure yet which of these is right.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
04/19/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Gyrobine
i honestly don't get why shadow UVLS got nerfed and not, say, warlocks and moonkin.
Moonkin's usage did get nerfed. They have the worst proc-rate on UVLS by far.

the actual proc itself is still godly for moonkin - they get perma starsurge as long as they can extend their 100% crit dots. same with warlocks who can maintain 100% crit rate dooms for basically an entire fight by paying attention to their UVLS procs (OP pandemic abuse).
Edited by Snaxattax on 4/19/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
We're talking about an extension similar to Fel Flame extending the duration of Corruption/UA, not flat-out recasting Corruption/UA.

Just for posterity: It's essentially the same thing, for Warlocks. Fel Flame recalculates all buffs, just as recast would.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My thoughts are this is probably an inconsistency that occurred when protection was added to prevent UVLS overpowered-ness, or at least what I'm hoping it is.

Kinda like how Shadowfiend will have it's swing timer reset to base and not update if cast BEFORE Heroism / BL. I understand protections for abuse have to be put in place but when doing that wouldn't you check to make sure it maintains its intended functionality?

Debugging when you make revisions should be automatic. T15 2pc is just the worst case of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
04/20/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Faustamort
Fel Flame

Fel Flame is a controlled extension and is 6 seconds. Not all DoT extension mechanics are created equal.

This is a single tick extension and is beyond our control outside of unequipping Tier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My thoughts are this is probably an inconsistency that occurred when protection was added to prevent UVLS overpowered-ness, or at least what I'm hoping it is.

Kinda like how Shadowfiend will have it's swing timer reset to base and not update if cast BEFORE Heroism / BL. I understand protections for abuse have to be put in place but when doing that wouldn't you check to make sure it maintains its intended functionality?

Debugging when you make revisions should be automatic. T15 2pc is just the worst case of it.

You would think they'd check something like this beforehand but....yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Hello Might buddy! All the wasted rolls on tier...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Glad GC and some people from blizzard are actually aware of this now. Thanks to the OP
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can verify this. I logged on to my priest today and tried it out. The exact details are as follows:

1) I removed all haste procs on my gear, but I wear the 2 piece.

2) I cast berserking and shadow word pain

3) On a crit, the shadowy apparition appears. As soon as it is fully spawned, the dots then take a snapshot of your current stats. Key is on spawn and not on hit. So even if they do not extend the length of your dots with the 2 piece, they are crippling your dots. I am looking at the tooltip mouse over on the dot on the target. Edit: I also noticed that the tooltip is updated on hit and spawn.

I cannot confirm with the OP that stats are reset even with beserking up. I just had a case with beserking where I had a crit with the buff up (and that apparition hit). The stats remained the same during the entire period. On the same beserking applied dot, after beserking buff wore off I had another crit. On spawn of that apparition my dots were recalculated to their then current snapshot haste.

To overview, every time a shadowy apparition spawns with the two piece, your haste is recalculated on apparition spawn and hit. I can confirm that this applies to haste, but I am not sure on other stats.

Personally I am item restoring gear to get out of the tier bonus.
Edited by Semi on 4/22/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
wtb nontier gear drops.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
hey gc when will wearing tier gear be a dps upgrade again?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Tested after Server Restarts today with the same results - just an update.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Fel Flame is a controlled extension and is 6 seconds. Not all DoT extension mechanics are created equal.

This is a single tick extension and is beyond our control outside of unequipping Tier.

That was my point. Fel Flame is basically the same as recasting your dot, as far as procs are concerned, your set bonus is not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Fix this issue please - not fair to have tier bonuses that result in a dps loss.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

That was my point. Fel Flame is basically the same as recasting your dot, as far as procs are concerned, your set bonus is not.

It's not supposed to be a dps loss to equip tier.
Edited by Raksasha on 4/23/2013 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]