Shadow 2pc and temporary haste buffs...

90 Troll Priest
Was happy to finally achieve 4pc last week but for now switching down to only my helm till this is resolved. I'm fairly diligent about reapplying dots during buffs to achieve as much dps as possible and it's annoying to know that all that attention can be wasted if you happen to proc an apparition midway through a dot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tested after Server Restarts today with the same results - just an update.

Updates like this would be amazing over the weeks until this is fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Fear not friends, I have the solution.

Stack Holy/Discipline Priests and Restoration Druids with Symbiosis in your raid to life grip shadowy apparitions away from your enemy. GG.

-.-
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Having the biggest troll set bonus of the century isn't fun. The concept is a great idea, if it worked properly. Would be great to see why this is happening, bug or intended.

Is it really even that great of an idea, though? I think a Warlock's built-in Pandemic is far superior to our 2pc, and with our 5.2 MF:I situation being fairly parallel to Haunt+MG, this seems a more relevant comparison than at the start of MoP, when we didn't want to make sure dots had plenty of time remaining on them so that we could spend time on MB,DP and MFI in order to use the talent well.

It's fun on Horridon to see dots get refreshed to several minutes, but when they lose all buffs beyond the non-extended duration of the initial cast, that 2-3 minute long set of dots on it should be overwritten anyway. Refreshing dots for procs is something any spriest worth his salt learns on day 1. Giving us a set bonus that is negated by simply playing our class decently and in a style we've all loved for years just isn't very fun. Additionally, comparing the random nature of these extensions over something controllable to allow for optimal MF:I usage, such as Pandemic, and it's little wonder why people are starting to catch on and favor thunderforged gear over tier.

Now tack on the temporary haste buff issues on top of these fundamental issues, and it's decidedly not fun to have worked for tier, won it over other classes and specs in our raiding team, yet now feel compelled to get rid of all of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So glad I've had crappy RNG for set pieces this tier now :P

or rather...feeling slightly better about it anyways
Edited by Areynn on 4/24/2013 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
An update that the numbers we're seeing now are putting no tier > tier.

Unless fixed in a serious way we will not be taking Tier 15.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Sigh.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I personally have noticed a dps increase since i took off T 15 2pc and used offsets (granted offsets were heroic pieces)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yea, I haven't seen a major increase since I got 4p like I was expecting. In fact, since putting on 4p, my numbers went down mostly, though that may not be a good sample since I just acquired it.

Would love Bliz to comment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just read the first page, but...

...the set bonus as it stands is a DPS loss, and is not "useless" but rather worse than useless at it reduced the DPS of any Shadow Priest that wears it, making our 4 piece also inferior because there is no way to turn off the 2 piece.

So, best to use off set items or in a worse case scenario, or items from 5.1 unless the ilvl different is too drastic to compromise the stats.

Dot snap-shotting is a core mechanic of the class this expansion, but it could be seen as "gaming" dps. Being as it is one of the main ways us as casters can stay competition, assuming the game is balanced mostly around logs of which those participating are thus gaming said logs, then this either isn't a very smart set bonus, or it isn't an intended affect.

This 2+4 piece set "bonus" is more akin to a perk in Fallout 3 where you have an equivalent bad thing happening at the same time as something good happens. Which is fine...as long as every class' bonus is like that, and not just that of the priest.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Suggestion for T15 (or hell, at this point T16): Your shadowy apparitions channel damage over time equal to 300% of a single tick damage from SW:P.

the idea is that when SW:P tick spawns SA, the SA channels that damage while moving toward the target. If the tick was a crit and caused 10k (arbitrary number), then the SA would do 30k damage over the duration of it's movement toward the target.

This would do 3 things:

Would prevent SA from needing to work around stat weights/priorities

Would reduce the amount of wasted SA damage from dead targets

Would allow them to involve a proc mechanic without interfering with rotational mechanics.

And to answer the near inevitable question... No, the SA channel would be able to spawn an additional SA (though that would be really wicked).

Also, @Wythyr... I love your idea hahaha.
Edited by Arietty on 4/28/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I linked this thread on the bug report forums with a small post on what the issue is. Hopefully a blue there can explain if it's working as intended, or that they will implement a fix. I'm sad I finally got some sweet tier this week, only to see it bugged. Thankfully I have no LMG or berserking.

Also, would it still be a dps loss if we had the 4piece bonus as well?
Edited by Treiz on 4/28/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
Considering their hasn't been a response from blizzard or a blue post on the forums shows the lack of support this game has turn into... their probably working on the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Considering their hasn't been a response from blizzard or a blue post on the forums shows the lack of support this game has turn into... their probably working on the next expansion.

They don't have to make a forum post for us to know they're addressing it. GC tweeted back they were researching it and there are signs that it may be 'fixed' on the PTR.

There's really no reason to jump to conclusions like this. Blizzard cares about Priests, they just do.
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
Tweeting is all fine and dandy but It would be really nice to see some feedback on their forums like in the old days. I wasn't just referring to priest but the lack of communication on their forums just got to me. I guess that's my fault for not joining the twitter sphere.

I'm also glad for the work you guys contribute to the priest class have a good one.
Reply Quote
we really shouldn't have to wait until 5.3 to have this fixed they can easily hotfix this problem as they broke it via hotfix anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Finally got my 2-piece. Guess I'll just throw it in the bank till this gets fixed :/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Got a blue response in the Bug Reports thread. They said they have a fix ready and they'll implement it in a future patch.....not sure if that means they're waiting until 5.3 or maybe they can be nice and hotfix it. I definitely feel like a broken tier bonus is hotfix worthy...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Got a blue response in the Bug Reports thread. They said they have a fix ready and they'll implement it in a future patch.....not sure if that means they're waiting until 5.3 or maybe they can be nice and hotfix it. I definitely feel like a broken tier bonus is hot

[quote="87279888709"]Got a blue response in the Bug Reports thread. They said they have a fix ready and they'll implement it in a future patch.....not sure if that means they're waiting until 5.3 or maybe they can be nice and hotfix it. I definitely feel like a broken tier bonus is hotfix worthy...

Only if it's a mage or a priest nerf......
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
We're a joke compared to other casters.... GG rerolling warlock.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]