Shadow 2pc and temporary haste buffs...

90 Undead Warlock
We're a joke compared to other casters.... GG rerolling warlock.

at least you guys still beat... elemental?

All jokes aside, I know one of the things people look forward to in the raiding is tier bonuses because it adds a little extra flare to thier character. When you are force to bank your tier because it gives you less dps than that is a serious problem.
Edited by Malíx on 5/2/2013 2:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Fixed in 5.3 at the latest I'm guessing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We're a joke compared to other casters.... GG rerolling warlock.

No, we aren't. But please, do reroll warlock so I don't have to read your ridiculous posts about spriests.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

So it will only be broken for half a tier? Im pleased by blizzards time frame to fix this. 3+ months isnt bad at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So it will only be broken for half a tier? Im pleased by blizzards time frame to fix this. 3+ months isnt bad at all.

This also falls on us for not noticing until a few weeks ago.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Why is this still an issue?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
No idea. If there's a fix, this is a perfect thing to hotfix. It's a known spec-changing bug that's detrimental. And it's not like spriests are being held back from being top dps - we're pretty solidly middle right now. Fixing this would simply reward smarter play.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Given the "fixes" that I've seen by Blizz, I'd say just equip non-tier pieces. Shameful on their part really, I'm sure they knew about this going into 5.2 and it takes a whole patch to fix?! Really!?
Reply Quote
33 Undead Priest
Gotta love how they have a fix but wont fix it yet another week!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
05/06/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Taxem

Not a mage so dont expect immediate fixes. People already think Spriest are OP as it is
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I was seeing my dot fall off early too when it still had time left. I was wondering what was going on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just read the first page, but...

...the set bonus as it stands is a DPS loss, and is not "useless" but rather worse than useless at it reduced the DPS of any Shadow Priest that wears it, making our 4 piece also inferior because there is no way to turn off the 2 piece.

So, best to use off set items or in a worse case scenario, or items from 5.1 unless the ilvl different is too drastic to compromise the stats.

Dot snap-shotting is a core mechanic of the class this expansion, but it could be seen as "gaming" dps. Being as it is one of the main ways us as casters can stay competition, assuming the game is balanced mostly around logs of which those participating are thus gaming said logs, then this either isn't a very smart set bonus, or it isn't an intended affect.

This 2+4 piece set "bonus" is more akin to a perk in Fallout 3 where you have an equivalent bad thing happening at the same time as something good happens. Which is fine...as long as every class' bonus is like that, and not just that of the priest.

I have also decided not to use the 4 piece bonus. Not only is it a DPS loss, to me the stats on those pieces kinda suck. I want haste an crit, not spirit and mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Alright so this should be fully fixed when 5.3 hits Soon™

To explain this graphically:
"|" are DoT ticks and "-" represent 0.5 seconds between them

SW:P looks like this currently because it was applied with Haste procs

|---|---|---|

When Shadow Apps extend it while those Haste procs are not active the DoT should look like:

Live: |-----|-----|-----|
PTR: |---|---|---|-----|

So yes, currently DoTs are being 'wiped' of Haste effects when extended by Shadow Apps w/ 2pc T15 even though they keep all the other modifiers on all non-extended ticks already on the target. 5.3 should make it so ALL effects (including hawt Haste procs) are preserved on the non-extended ticks.

You *may* want to take some off-pieces in the meantime depending on availability in your raid's loot, but I certainly wouldn't vendor/shard your Tier 15 gear because you'll want to put it right back on when 5.3 drops.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
LA
05/06/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Woaden

This also falls on us for not noticing until a few weeks ago.

No, it doesn't.

Also, Kaesebrezen's PTR log showed that SA hits are not even updating haste after the "initial duration" - the SWP kept it's haste buffs until it wore off due to lack of SA extensions after a while (26 seconds total).

If this remains the case when the fix is finally implemented onto live, the 2pc becomes a strong dps gain - careful proc watching will allow you to take even more advantage of big procs than normally possible.
Edited by Sheytan on 5/9/2013 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
LA
I have also decided not to use the 4 piece bonus. Not only is it a DPS loss, to me the stats on those pieces kinda suck. I want haste an crit, not spirit and mastery.

Well, sure spirit is very easy to come by at this point in the game, but I want mastery and not crit. However, the difference between the two is not gigantic for either of us, so we're both far better off using your 4pc once the tier is fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Love how they can fix warlock tier with a hot fix but we have to wait until patch 5.3
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Love how they can fix warlock tier with a hot fix but we have to wait until patch 5.3
^This, so much this.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I feel like even without the haste buff wiping, the tier set is a pain in the butt. I'll watch my timers and start casting Vampiric Touch before it falls off, only for the duration to extend while I'm casting, making me feel like I wasted a tick. It's just kind of annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
However, the difference between the two is not gigantic for either of us, so we're both far better off using your 4pc once the tier is fixed.

Completely disagree. There is a LOT of multi-dotting this tier and fights where you can't stay in melee. With multi-dotting the 4p is completely useless since you will always be at apparition cap. Single target 4p *is* probably better provided you can stand in melee without penalty...which is pretty much never. Otherwise with decent RNG on UVLS I am often SA capped single target while standing at ~25 yards. When you consider that + better itemized pieces and 541 off-pieces, I don't really think 4p is worth it.

So basically, I would consider using 4p on say...Ra-den.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

THIS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]