New to the server.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello all! I am new to the server and have been stalking the forums for a few days and have applied for the server web page. I think that I have found my new happy home! No CRZ, and a happy friendly smaller community. I have two toons that I will be working on for the next week until payday. Then My dear sweet pally will be coming to the server. I was wondering if anyone would like to partner up with me and lvl and do some RP at the same time. I'm fairly new to the RP circuit but have done a little with an old server, so I have the basic run down but have only done major RP with a blood elf and not really with the alliance toons. So I am very unfamiliar with the lore that goes with them. I am willing to be horde and ally and have no problem with either side. (even though I have been horde pretty much my entire 3 years of playing.) Anyway any feed back is good feed back . I hope to hear from some of you soon. And my battle tag is Sagittarius#1670 if anybody wants to add me. Thanks again. =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Why hello Cougy!

We're really glad that you've decided to join us here on Ravenholdt! I'm very sure that Candela or some of the other forum folks Horde-side will be along shortly with hugs and waves and cookies :D

On the Alliance side, feel free to drop into /RP anytime! Most people are usually around for a chat, and we'll get you set up quite nicely :3

Looking forward to seeing you in the game!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hello, welcome. A useful place to get a handle on the lore: http://www.wowpedia.org

You can always ask in game, but remember that Blizzard's lore has been fragmented and retconned a lot, and you're likely to get different answers from different people.

*Gives hunter weapon*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Pallys are required by lore to be Alliance.

So welcome and thanks for joining to good guys!

PS: I love lore and there's different levels of investment you can do. First playing Warcraft 1 2 3 is great help, particularly 3. Second an easy way to get your feet wet is to check out Wowpedia or Wowwikia. Then if you want to get more into (because it's awesome!) WoW Insider has a great column called 'Know Your Lore' which has TONS of articles on everything lore. And Lastly what you can do if you like reading is to grab the books most of which are great, you can even pretty much read the novelization of War 2 and 3.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Edited by Melstrom on 4/18/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Pallys are required by lore to be Alliance.

Bite me, Dwarf.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pallys are required by lore to be Alliance

Bite me, Dorf.

Edited for correctness...

I will have to say, that I enjoy the alliance pally lore and the dwarves role in it. I will add, that the addition of the Taurens to the pally class, is apt. Though, before I suffered from a Goblin transportation accident, I was once a Human Pally...I guess I have evolved to a higer life form.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
'Cougy'... that's an interesting name. How'd you come up with it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
'Cougy'... that's an interesting name. How'd you come up with it?

I wonder if this is the meaning

cougy cougy cooooo

The language which one would speak when trying to converse with a cougar.(usually an older woman-preferably 45 years of age or older.)

"Cougy, cougy cooooo! you cougar you !!" (in a high pitched voice, in the tone of gucci gucci goo) cougy cougy cooooo

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cougy%20cougy%20cooooo
Edited by Bobcat on 4/19/2013 3:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Yeah, I was trying to determine if she was making a... 'personal statement', much like LeatherDaddy, or if it was something else. Personal statement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Hey Hey!!! I already told you the story Oolaki. But for all the others.... >.> You will just have to find me in game and ask. @Bobcat.... #1 is correct.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I. Am honestly very surprised it took me this long to find your post, Cougy. I think that since you just sort of appeared in guild one day, I took it at face value. xD
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I would but you're not my taste and you would go into manic depression because "my looks! my looks! What have you done to my skin?!!! oh the horror!"
Reply Quote
Greetings Ravenholdt'ers -Just saw Cougy's post that he's found his happy non-CRZ home!

Ravenholdt is where my Hordies are parked! I rolled them back in the day when you couldn't have characters of the opposite faction on the same PvP servers. So my Allies went VeCo and my Hordies are here, in the lowly The Horde Honor Guard guild (obviously I play Alliance more than Horde).

Was ironic that the two servers I chose back in the day became the only two non-CRZ ones in the whole game.

I guess the point of this post is...if any of you Ravenholdt Hordies have no room to roll Allies here (or vice versa) and want to give the other faction a try for whatever reason, come take a look at us over at VeCo. Seems like we're mirror images of each other.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
<---This is my Ravenholdt main. :-) *waves*

Greetings Ravenholdt'ers -Just saw Cougy's post that he's found his happy non-CRZ home!

Ravenholdt is where my Hordies are parked! I rolled them back in the day when you couldn't have characters of the opposite faction on the same PvP servers. So my Allies went VeCo and my Hordies are here, in the lowly The Horde Honor Guard guild (obviously I play Alliance more than Horde).

Was ironic that the two servers I chose back in the day became the only two non-CRZ ones in the whole game.

I guess the point of this post is...if any of you Ravenholdt Hordies have no room to roll Allies here (or vice versa) and want to give the other faction a try for whatever reason, come take a look at us over at VeCo. Seems like we're mirror images of each other.
Edited by Vrarg on 4/24/2013 11:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
<---This is my Ravenholdt main. :-) *waves*

Very Nice to meet you!

04/24/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Braellyn

*cough* He? *cough* But yes I do have toons on Venture Co. as well. I mostly play on ally side on this server though. Friendlier community and more RP. But still having a blast on this server.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Your server must be really hurting for you to come here trying to recruit
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
@Dremil - Not hurting and not trying to come here to recruit. Just realized I do have another home server (this one) and haven't been very active here on the boards.

Thought this might be a creative, fun way to introduce myself, especially considering I happened to roll my faction toons on the only two CRZ-free servers.
Reply Quote
Hopefully you're enjoying things here, Cougy! =D
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I do love the server! (this is Cougy btw) I love everything about it. AND! A big shout out to my fellow guildies. I love the Sentinels. Best guild that I have ever been in. =) WoW is a pleasure to play again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]