Panda Paladins and Druids.

90 Draenei Monk
I thought that priests and paladins had basically the same faith but with different approaches. From a lore perspective, I don't really know why they can't be paladins. Them and worgen.

Pandaren priests worship the August Celestials, not the light. The pandaren version of warrior priest is the monk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/17/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Lena
I thought that priests and paladins had basically the same faith but with different approaches. From a lore perspective, I don't really know why they can't be paladins. Them and worgen.

Pandaren priests worship the August Celestials, not the light. The pandaren version of warrior priest is the monk.
Also, paladins are zealots, which is at odds with the pandaren belief of finding balance in all things.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
QED
04/17/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Lena

Even if it isn't the light they worship, why can priests get holy energy out of August Celestials, and not a paladin?

Come to think about it, why is the priest holy damage/healing and monk spells all nature? How does armor shrink or expand when it goes from say a gnome npc to a tauren? Why are some npcs resurrectable in story and not others? Why did the Alliance decide that the forsaken that tried to return to their alliance homes and families were mosters, and the worgen weren't? How is there starvation in westfall when edible creatures can just be resurrected after being eaten? What does dragon meat taste like - brimstone or grease? Why are there no good musicians among the npcs? Why are we raising pets now that will become even more invincible raid bosses for the next generation? How was China ok with all this panda violence? What's the chance of ending up in a battleground with Nathan Fillion on one side and Neil Patrick Harris on the other, and will it turn into a discussion about what "the hammer" is? When will orcs go to space? Why am I still going with this?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Even if it isn't the light they worship, why can priests get holy energy out of August Celestials, and not a paladin?

Come to think about it, why is the priest holy damage/healing and monk spells all nature?

Because of game mechanics. They can't make all priests have different spells even if they're different in lore.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
There is no harm in the class leaders taking the pandas under their wing and teaching the ways of paladins and druids.

if it hasn't happened for gnome paladins, as gnomes and dwarfs are best friends politically, it isn't going to happen for a race we just met
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
04/17/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Notfurry
When will orcs go to space?

depends what kind, warcraft orcs went to space in warcraft one
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
04/17/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Lavinnelly
There is no harm in the class leaders taking the pandas under their wing and teaching the ways of paladins and druids.

if it hasn't happened for gnome paladins, as gnomes and dwarfs are best friends politically, it isn't going to happen for a race we just met

Best friends? Gnomes are like the in-law that comes for the holidays and then never leaves.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'd level up a pandaren if they could be druids
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin

Because of game mechanics. They can't make all priests have different spells even if they're different in lore.

Well back in my day...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
04/17/2013 11:59 PMPosted by Lena

Best friends? Gnomes are like the in-law that comes for the holidays and then never leaves.

says the alien that had to crash on our proverbial couch
Reply Quote
04/17/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Notfurry

Because they also get shadow energy from them, thus having a balance. Paladins aren't' balanced in that aspect, and thus not something Panderans would follow.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk

At least we have our own place and know how to clean up irradiation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ahh, races who yearn to do what I do. /envied
Edited by Forescythe on 4/18/2013 2:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
There is absolutely no lore to back either class for Pandaren.

Adding new race and class combos was by far the most annoying thing Blizzard has ever done, now everyone wants everything for every race.

Well guess what? That would be boring.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

At least we have our own place and know how to clean up irradiation.

killing the victims =/= cleaning up radiation.

also, IIRC, it's the naaru's place, not yours
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I still want Panda Paladins and Druids.

Blood Elf Shammies/Druids, then.

04/17/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Lavinnelly

You'll have to apply with the Humans.
Edited by Tharvik on 4/18/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Maybe a Panda Druid. I am a bit curious to see how a pandacat or a moonbear would look.

Well back in my day...

I wish I was around during the times Starshards still existed. Such fun and ridiculous things... I will never be able to experience. :\
Reply Quote
The Pandaren hadn't heard of the Light until becoming exposed to the Alliance/Horde, so I don't see them having Paladins for a long time.

Druids are slightly more plausible, but still unlikely.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
BELF druids imo. So I don't have to ruin my 11 BELF roster with one ugly tauren. Then again they'd probably make the flight form a stupid dragonhawk. UGH.
Edited by Daemendar on 4/18/2013 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]