Best Priest Healer

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Monk
hey guys im gonna be doing some healing on a priest but i need to no which priest have the highest heals and does some good dps aswell

looking forward to your answers =D
90 Pandaren Priest
Um...o_O

My mischievous side urges me to tell you, "Blood DKs" out of spite.

If you want to learn to heal on a Priest, you need to be comfortable with both specs. They each have their place depending on your raid comp and strat.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Yup, playing a priest either requires you to know each spec well enough to play it at least moderately well for fights where it might help. Or, as an alternative, finding a raid group that doesn't care/doesn't require that of you (i.e. 25 man letting you stay holy.)
90 Night Elf Priest
Pries in a few words:

Shadow: Decidedly Decent Dedicated DPS.

(it's too early for me to come up with any better alliterations)

Holy: Big Heals for Big Mana. Raid wide coverage is easy. Literally a mana to fun converter.

Disc: A bit of this (dps), a bit of that (raid wide healing) and a whole truckload of bubbles (PW: Shield, Spirit Shell, Divine Aegis).
100 Draenei Priest
Seems like this question gets asked at least once per week.
90 Night Elf Druid
My 2 copper is Disc. Pretty easy to pick up and you can smite your way to victory while also having holy fire and off pen. It is a super easy leveling spec as you really don't need a shadow spec until much later on as compared to most other healers, less mW of course. They also have less mana restrictions than holy does.
90 Undead Priest
Holy & Disc are both very close to eachother right now. The "best" depends on healing comp and specific fight.

It's looking like Disc is getting a small nerf in 5.3
92 Human Priest
My 2 copper is Disc. Pretty easy to pick up and you can smite your way to victory while also having holy fire and off pen. It is a super easy leveling spec as you really don't need a shadow spec until much later on as compared to most other healers, less mW of course. They also have less mana restrictions than holy does.

I agree with you but with that said Holy has a vast array of healing tools.
100 Pandaren Priest
Honestly, the spec you enjoy and have fun with is most likely going to be the spec that performs better for you. If you enjoy the holy playstyle a lot more than disc you will likely not perform as well if you were disc even though it tops charts for most people. Both specs are completely viable so play what you enjoy :)
100 Goblin Shaman
hey guys im gonna be doing some healing on a priest but i need to no which priest have the highest heals and does some good dps aswell

looking forward to your answers =D

Healing isn't about "winnning"; if you want to "win" meters, stick to dps.
90 Worgen Priest
I started out wanting to be disc. Then I got recruited into a raid as Holy.

I still like disc. Atonement is fun on some fights and I enjoy focusing on the tanks more than the raid with my more direct heals.

I have developed a love for Holy too though. The burst AoE is just great fun on some fights. I love doing Mag as Holy. My healing look bleh at first. Then the rampages start coming and I get to show off the burst AoE that Holy is gorgeous for.

Seriously, I think they are both very compelling and both have their place.
100 Human Hunter
05/25/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Raptured
Honestly, the spec you enjoy and have fun with is most likely going to be the spec that performs better for you. If you enjoy the holy playstyle a lot more than disc you will likely not perform as well if you were disc even though it tops charts for most people. Both specs are completely viable so play what you enjoy :)

This response is in every "what's best" question on every forum and is totally worthless, even if it is true.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Please don't necro posts. This post is over a year and a half old.
90 Undead Priest
10/10/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Tiriel

Well that explains why you were pandaren.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"totally worthless, even if it is true", ..okay, lmao.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/10/2014 08:16 PMPosted by Noxarra
10/10/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Tiriel

Well that explains why you were pandaren.

IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO, OK?

:( I miss being a Pandaren sometimes.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]