Can DPS shaman get a solid escape mechanic?

90 Orc Shaman
Vladja, I have a ret and I love it and i've played my ret for many seasons at a high level and know their short comings intimately, they have been in a very similar boat to shamans in terms of lack of dev and radio silence from bliz. your bitterness comes from the same place. But you have no idea what you are talking about trying to compare them to an ele shaman. I'm not saying rets are super duper but an ele shaman is more of a raw prawn from blizzard than a ret is, trust me on this...

your also using this as an opportunity to make this thread about ret's. It's not appreciated at all...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Except he's actually going to do both at the same time, because of Subterfuge. You can still Bubble while you and your healer are both garroted, and you're in a smoke bomb. But yes, more a problem with rogues. I'll happily trade you SR for Bubble.

you can have it if i can have sham rage. bubble is nearly worthless for how long you actually get to keep it and how much it deters people from training you. paladins get trained as hard, if not harder than dps shamans do because their entire defensive toolkit is pretty much this one 5 minute cooldown that 2 of the most popular classes can dispel.

Takes a glyph to clear the debuffs, just like you need a glyph to get the physical reduction. You can Bubble while silenced, though.

we've been over this. bubble is terrible.

you have an oh !@#$ button, in fact you have several, you have more the paladins have. and you also have better heals then paladins have.

ele's problem is it's reliance on hardcasted nukes, you get trained because the way you shut down ele is to sit on them. but you can't give ele more mobility and more ways to open gaps without removing some of the damage or else you just get mages in mail.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Again your class is fine. If ppl are training the shaman and its working than it means you have a weak comp. Ill say it again pvp has never been about 1v1 and there are plenty of comps that dps shamans thrive on. Adding everything you want would make those comps overpowered.

No. We aren't fine and the fact a warlock has the audacity to say so adds insult to an already grevious injury. Tired of us grounding your chaos bolts eh?

i dont even pvp on warlock but w/e dude. I actually know good shamans that dont q.q. about pvp because they know how important it is to have a comp to complement them.

Plenty of comps, you say? What about SPriest, Mage, Boomkin, or Warlock? More viable comps for them than for Ele.

And still, Ele has to be pretty much babysat the entire time. I understand very well that the game isn't balanced around 1v1. But the Ele and their partners still have to work harder for the same results than they would have if they had chosen another caster.

not really, You cant just slab a shadow with any comp and think they will win. Much like ele Shadow needs to be with a comp that can help keep melee off them. Same with boomkins and so forth. The fact that you honestly believe you can just lump all these classes together with random classes and win shows me it is a bit too early for you to be talking about pvp.
Edited by Malíx on 4/27/2013 12:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

not really, You cant just slab a shadow with any comp and think they will win. Much like ele Shadow needs to be with a comp that can help keep melee off them. Same with boomkins and so forth. The fact that you honestly believe you can just lump all these classes together with random classes and win shows me it is a bit too early for you to be talking about pvp.

Where did I say you could lump them together with random classes?

I said viable comps.

Key word: Viable

As in, they play well together.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
you have an oh !@#$ button, in fact you have several, you have more the paladins have. and you also have better heals then paladins have.

Slight DRs aren't much better than bubble dude.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Shamans are still very much the offensive hybrid. The lines have been blurred a bit but they still suffer from vanilla design (and the lack of attention since then).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Back to the top.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
give ele shamans an escape mechanic

Whatever they do (trying to be positive) I hope they do something for both shaman DPS specs. Both need the help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm still a fan of Blizzard reinstating old totem performance of Tremor Totem to drop and forget since Warlock and Priests have a no demenishing return on offensive fear and defensive fear (dispels) mechanics. At the very least reduce the CD to 30 sec. Grounding Totem redirecting the next 3 spells like it did back in BC. Capacitor Totem to go off instantly upon a 2nd click of the ability to set up the stun.

Blizzard constantly holds back on us for some unstated reason. Yet they've stated a few times that we're the model class in how things should work. It's a funny comment cause I don't see other classes sucking in both PvE and PvP like the Shaman Class. It's more like what not to aspire too.

I think a lot of issues we all have could be better served if Blizzard actually communicated to the classes about what's going. Why are we suffering? Why are we having a hard time succeeding? Why do we HAVE to have certain comps to be ok rather then great? Our class is functional and playable but doesn't have the performance of others.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/19/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Angrysteel
Angry from my understanding it will be up 100% of the time except for the initial hit. Since part of lightning shield procs off of you taking damage already.

What? Yes, it will stay up if you consistently take damage, but thats not always the case.

Example: Heroic Horridon > Dire Call at the end of the encounter. Hunters, Locks, Boomkins, Shadow Priests, etc, etc will all have that 10-15% passive damage reduction always on. The Shaman, while having to waste a glyph slot for what is baseline to most of these classes, will NOT receive that 10% damage reduction from Dire Call. Ya, awesome, we get 10% less damage taken for 6 seconds after that massive hit, but who cares?

Thats just one example, but it applies to multiple raid mechanics. And in pvp, you dont gain that 10% damage reduction until after the big hits have already landed on a swap.

Its plain bad design, and being a glyph ontop of bad design is just overly stupid.

WTF is up with PVE examples in a PVP thread?

Shamanistic Rage is a 30% DR 15 sec buff on a 1 min CD. Flame Shock auto heal. Ancestral Guidance. HST. Hardcasted heals. -- and if that's not enough to keep you upright 5.3 will have Glyph of Lightning Shield.

And lets not forget mail armor + a shield which is more mitigation on fights that deal physical dmg than Mage's Flameglow.

After all that you really have the balls to post a PVE example?

This post is about a solid escape mechanism -- which to me sounds like PVP.

And I agree. But there's two ways to deal with it. Either we need an escape mechanism or we need to be able to take the dmg of an incoming assault. Glyph of Lightning Shield is a pretty big gain to PVP imo. The real problem are Rogues. They shut us down for way too long. I don't even really need an escape mechanism -- just an anti-Rogue one.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
05/03/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Act

What? Yes, it will stay up if you consistently take damage, but thats not always the case.

Example: Heroic Horridon > Dire Call at the end of the encounter. Hunters, Locks, Boomkins, Shadow Priests, etc, etc will all have that 10-15% passive damage reduction always on. The Shaman, while having to waste a glyph slot for what is baseline to most of these classes, will NOT receive that 10% damage reduction from Dire Call. Ya, awesome, we get 10% less damage taken for 6 seconds after that massive hit, but who cares?

Thats just one example, but it applies to multiple raid mechanics. And in pvp, you dont gain that 10% damage reduction until after the big hits have already landed on a swap.

Its plain bad design, and being a glyph ontop of bad design is just overly stupid.

WTF is up with PVE examples in a PVP thread?

Shamanistic Rage is a 30% DR 15 sec buff on a 1 min CD. Flame Shock auto heal. Ancestral Guidance. HST. Hardcasted heals. -- and if that's not enough to keep you upright 5.3 will have Glyph of Lightning Shield.

And lets not forget mail armor + a shield which is more mitigation on fights that deal physical dmg than Mage's Flameglow.

After all that you really have the balls to post a PVE example?

This post is about a solid escape mechanism -- which to me sounds like PVP.

And I agree. But there's two ways to deal with it. Either we need an escape mechanism or we need to be able to take the dmg of an incoming assault. Glyph of Lightning Shield is a pretty big gain to PVP imo. The real problem are Rogues. They shut us down for way too long. I don't even really need an escape mechanism -- just an anti-Rogue one.

Blizzard agrees and has decided to change Lightning Shield Glyph to now cause a weapon to break on contact. Weapons will only be reparable via mount, Mr. Jeeves, or exit of a match. (yes I kid, though would be nice against melee/hunters)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]