Just want to laugh at the talent system.

90 Human Priest
Didn't they say that we were going to have to make "tough" choices? All I see in every talent tree is requirements. And those that aren't required for a spec, they get changed out depending on the map or the team you are facing.

What kind of tough choice is that? Just pick what works best against the comp you are playing.

Also, the talent system is why everybody complains about CC. Not only is almost every team capable of making choices that give them CC that isn't on a shared DR, they also can pick the ones that counter you and your comp the most.

No point to this post really, just commenting.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm upset that I can't flush my butt wipes down the toilet and I have to put them in a little baggy and throw them in the trash outside.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Right on bro.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I'm upset that I can't flush my butt wipes down the toilet and I have to put them in a little baggy and throw them in the trash outside.

Damn, all of your alts names are Grenade on that server too.

You must like that name a lot
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I’d catch a grenade for ya

yeah, yeah, yeah
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Doesn't the root word of grenade come from pomegranate or something.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
For mages, pve and pvp wise, choises are tough sometimes.

pvp:
-PoM and blazing speed are situationnal and on personnal preferences
-flameglow with a healer, ice barrier is still viable but it requires you to use a global and it can be dispelled.
-Ring, ice ward and frostjaw are situationnal
-cold snap.
-frost bomb agaisn't teams with not too much interrupts and for 2s with a healer, orelse Nether tempest
-incanter's ward.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
TMO
If they had actually bothered to balance the talents between each other, which could easily be done, it would be good.

But they don't bother. My tier 2 talents, one of the more competitive tiers, is just two skills the cata warlock had baseline, and a destruction talent. Putting in things that already existed, while balanced, is kind of lazy.

But what's even more lazy is letting things like harvest life, archimonde's vengeance, and other absolutely horrific talents stay.

Some of the tiers are fairly good, but others are just terrible. Hit and miss, but they don't work on the misses when they should.
Edited by Facespace on 4/19/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah most of the talents are not very compelling choices and blizzard doesn't care too much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
How do they make 3 talents on one tree all even? Don't think it is possible something will always be the best.

I agree, it's especially hard to have something be perfect for PvE AND PvP.

There will always be a best option. Though I think the Tier 1 talents for a lot of classes are pretty balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
i liked the old system way better.

I mean you have choices that were great for pve but bad for pvp, some great for rbgs, some arenas etc..

I mean it was still p cookie cutter but they had a good thing going they could have really expanded on and made great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I play Priest and Lock and both have 4 tiers where I have to make actual decisions on what I wanted to use.

In the old system, each spec usually had about 2 talents worth of points to use in what you liked best, and it was usually a minor change.

That's certainly not the case with the new system.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't people change talents all the time depending on the classes/comp they're facing?
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Druid
i miss the old system because you could look at somebody's talents and immediately be able to tell if he was retarded
Reply Quote
62 Night Elf Druid
The guy who put all 57 talents into 1 tree was always my favorite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]