Looking at possibly moving my guild

90 Draenei Mage
I've never looked for a new server before so I'm kind of at a loss as to where to start.
I love my current server, don't get me wrong, but its just not working for my little guild.
I'd like to try and find a server myself, but like I said, I don't know where to start.
Any tips would be awesome.

I know I'm looking for a really active realm, preferably pve, and with a good economy. If its a pvp realm I'd like a nice balance ally/horde wise. Also 90% of my officers are west coasters so a server in our time zone would be awesome. (tho we like to raid kinda late so yeah. >.<)

Anyway, any help would be awesome. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I never tried looking for a server but you can try researching and narrow down the servers.
First off , list the servers that is in a tome zone you guys prefer in.
Do you guys want RP, PvE, PvP, PvP-RP kind of servers etc.
Look up the ally/horde balances.
Make a lvl 1 and personally go into server and experience what's it like, look on their AH or maybe check Wowuction then do the same for the other faction and compare.
Ask around in the server?

and good luck!
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage

I'd like to try and find a server myself, but like I said, I don't know where to start.
Any tips would be awesome.

Wowprogress is an awesome resource for this type of decision making.

I know I'm looking for a really active realm, preferably pve, and with a good economy.

If its a pvp realm I'd like a nice balance ally/horde wise.

Also 90% of my officers are west coasters so a server in our time zone would be awesome.

With the info you provided i'd say give Tich ( Tichondrius ) a try. Its nearly 3 times the active 90 population of your current server ( Gnomergan ). Th A/H ratio is pretty close. The major cities are lively as is the Auction House. Pugging looks good. West Coast TZ. PVP Server.

One drawback is that occasionally there is a Q at peak hours from time to time. Other than that if you browse Wowprogress you may find that any of the top 25 or so servers that are alliance favorable may fit your needs as well.

Happy Hunting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
My advise is to make a new toon on whatever servers are your "finalists" after you do your research and play for a few weeks, asking people about the server and about other guilds. You may find the server is great. You may find there is a malicious guild around controlling it. Do your homework before you move; it is your money after all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Part of the research for your finalists should also be on their realm forums--what do they have stickied or not, how do people on the forums interact, what kind of threads do they have going on, how active it is, who is posting there from what guilds, etc.

Otherwise, check the wowprogress rankings and look for realms in or near your time zone to start with, take an alt or two over and poke noted guild leaders, random Joe-on-the-Street, and listen in on the chat in the main cities for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All the advice is good

I would also do one thing think about why you are wanting to leave your current server, then think of the servers you are considering. Will moving to that server fix the issues your having currently? Will it create different problems that could be just as troubling? good luck in your hunt.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
04/03/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Koregar
Will it create different problems that could be just as troubling?

A good example of this one is recruitment.

I run into lots of people who think that moving to a high pop server is the solution to the recruitment issues of their little guild, and sometimes that may be the case, especially if they are on one of the extremely dead-end realms.

The problem with this idea though is that while there are a lot more players on a larger realm, there are also a lot more guilds. Competing with 12 other guilds who have the same goals and schedule as you do can make it even harder to find a player who wants to join YOUR guild.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Awesome :D great advise from all of you, thank you very much. :D I feel slightly more confident now. lol now if i could just find an addon that will tell my guildies for me... lmao thats gonna be a funn convo.

thanks everyone. :D
Reply Quote
15 Human Hunter
Awesome :D great advise from all of you, thank you very much. :D I feel slightly more confident now. lol now if i could just find an addon that will tell my guildies for me... lmao thats gonna be a funn convo.

thanks everyone. :D

When you move your guild, a 'ghost' guild will be created for you on your old realm. All you need to do is leave a message in the Guild Message of the Day area. Also, if your members go to their Character Transfer screen in the Account Management area, they'll be able to see where you transferred the guild to.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I ran into this problem just recently. I made the decision based on my old server going down hill for raids, so I did some research, talked to my officers, we opened a guild vote, the guild voted for a move...but then I decided it would jus tbe better to pass the guild over and move my toons, after some careful consideration i decided on Lightbringer, raids seem to always be going on and the people are great. I created a guild and in 3 weeks almost have my full raid team which surprised me.

The first step to moving is figuring out how to do it without hurting yourself and your guild.
Doing this the wrong way could very well hurt you...badly. I went through months of harrassment when I faction changed a guild after giving guildees just 12 hours of notce...
The second step is: How will you go about this move? will you just tell the guildees? either way, you shoulkd say "we are moving on this day" this gives guildeesd the knowledge behind it
Third: Find your realm. Check realm stats, decide what type of server, go to tha tserver and find someone to talk to about the server, preferrably a leader of the same type of guild you are?
Fourth: Prepare guildees for the move! and yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Come to US-Sargeras...

P.S. Outside of US-Sargeras (i.e. I'm desperate for new players on the faction), I would recommend the RP-PvP servers.
Edited by Aenistris on 4/15/2013 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
12 Human Warrior
Kil'Jaeden seems to fit your bill.

Has active horde and alliance population.
Has west coast timeslot.
Has a great and balance economy.
And frequent alliance vs horde encounters out in the world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]