BG Bots : Bliz should I keep reporting?

90 Human Warlock
I know you guys do not usually respond to many posts, but could you please tell me if I am wasting my time reporting Bots?

I am leveling a Shaman and trying to augment BGs for boredom - today I was in 5 BGs total with the same BOTs in every game - one time 6 of the 10 players WERE BOTS...I reported as many as I could.

I have even started to learn the AI for specific BGs. (I will Gladly post about it if you like - with screen shots)

I stopped playing and started sending /tells - trying to get the guys on the team who were HUMAN to vote AFk the bots.

It is bad at level 90 - BUT --Bot grinding levels for honor AND exp is out of hand.

Is there anything that can be done.. please? This is ruining this game 100% for me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
In game ticket? Maybe using an out of game ticket, because making a forum post will probably not accomplish much of anything. I suggest 100% making a GM ticket (for each one ;))
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Then my entire game is taken up writing tickets - which up until this point have had zero effect on the BOTs.

and FYI - posting on the forums is a good way for people like you and me to voice our opinions on what we like and do not like about the game.

If we stand together we can help to make changes that will keep the bots from ruining everyones experience.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well I've reported heavens knows how many, to no avail. I think blizz just partakes in drinking games with each complaint. Cheating? 1 shot, botting? Drink beer. Foul language? Hahahaha!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I am getting to te point where I think that maybe Blizzard has a side deal with the money bots, farmig bots, etc. they continue to ruin the games economy, experience, and overall fun. How can they do NOTHING about it - perhaps they are getting a piece of the pie? Not and accusation but lack of action just looks suspicous to me.
Reply Quote
Well I've reported heavens knows how many, to no avail. I think blizz just partakes in drinking games with each complaint. Cheating? 1 shot, botting? Drink beer. Foul language? Hahahaha!

I gave up reporting them. Blizz could fix this but they wont.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
There's no point in reporting anymore. It won't do anything. Don't even waste your time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Bots pay too, and Blizz gotta get payed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
ok so let me ask you this - is it wrong for me to make a thread titled BOTs - place their names with screenshots here?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
The bots pay money to Blizzard too, so good luck with this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
You guys are bringing me down with this thread. I've been pretty diligent about reporting bots. All this time i had hope that blizz was doing something about this.

But if it really takes a year for blizz to track and find a bot, then only give them a 1 hour ban

Why the hell am i still not botting?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
It's painfully obvious when they're botting too. A few minutes into a bg just open up the score screen and look at all the people with 0 damage 0 healing and a normal amount of hks.

85-90 bracket is full of bots, still wearing heirlooms or level 70 PvP gear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Keep reporting. If u do not anything, Blizzard would like to think players do not care bots in bg. I always report bots and I will keep doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Passive defenses are bad design, if you really need to passively negate damage by class you're doin it wrong.

Agreed. It looks like yet another area that will turn into a case of the "haves" and "have nots" that can quickly spiral into an arms race.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The bots pay money to Blizzard too, so good luck with this.

We used to say that about Multiboxing. :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
an arms race.

Seems to be the phrase of the week lately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]