Me being a Dip!@#$

Hello so on the pve world of warcraft charts and graphs and records and stuff the ones mostly at the top are mages, warlocks, and rogues. Are these they best dps classes???? or do the best players love and play them ????
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
mages
not recently.

Are these they best dps classes???? or do the best players love and play them ?
A bit of one and a lot of the other. Or is it the other way around?

Player A likes the play style of a spec of a particular class and works out how to get the most of that character in various encounters, thus scoring highly on various meters. Player B doesn't like the play style of a spec of a particular class but sucks it up and learns the encounters anyway; they also score highly.

Player A hasn't really tried one of the other specs of a particular class so has never learned how to do it. When a patch lands with its changes to the class in each of its specs, Player A won't particularly know or care about improvements in the other spec and will try to make their favorite spec continue to work. Player B may or may not care about the enhanced DPS in the other spec but will learn it anyway; if there is enough difference, they will convert over to the other spec.

There are a lot more Player A's out there than Player B's. Also, Player B's tend to hang out in the top most guilds where constant feedback and rehearsal exaggerates their abilities even more.

(Disclaimer: I am neither Player A nor B)
Reply Quote
ok mageo
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I've actually been seeing mages moving up the charts as they get more gear, i.e., there's another Critical Mass nerf incoming in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
ok mageo
You posted a question. Pay attention to the answer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]