Can't use level 87 ability in arenas

87 Human Priest
How you doin 5.3 Void Shift?!? Thanks for making this ability worthless while mages get a free Lance/Lance/Brainfreeze on a 90 sec cd. And LoL stampede and Restoblock still available
Edited by Ðiscepticon on 4/4/2013 12:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Spriest were getting too competitive against frost mages.
Edited by Fayte on 4/4/2013 2:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
People are still complaining about stampede?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

I know one of my DK friends does.

Doesn't like dueling hunters for just that reason, too. When she does, she just pops army and breaks the guys' balls with all her CDs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight

Yep. Afraid so.

They just haven't bought into the whole "Look how low the auto-attack damage from the pets is! If I just sick stampede on someone, stop using my abilities, and call off my main pet, there's not much damage at all" argument.

It's almost like they're noticing Stampede does other things, too.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
It's almost like they're noticing Stampede does other things, too.

Except every complaint I see about stampede is always "Stampede hits so hard" or similar, so yeah, they are complaining about the damage, not:

1) Visual clutter (admittedly, I do see these as well, but it isn't like hunters have a ton of visual clutter compared to other specs)
2) Extra buffs on a 5 min CD
3) Extra utility that fires all at once on a single target on a 5 min CD

So, what "other things" is there to complain about?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Is this by extension unusable in rbgs too? Since rbgs have the same restrictions as arenas.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
time warp
Reply Quote
Is this by extension unusable in rbgs too? Since rbgs have the same restrictions as arenas.

No. RBGs do not have the restriction of no 10 minute cool downs the way Arenas do. You can Time Warp in RBGs, but not in Arena. Ditto for Army of the Dead.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
No. RBGs do not have the restriction of no 10 minute cool downs the way Arenas do. You can Time Warp in RBGs, but not in Arena. Ditto for Army of the Dead.

They changed that quite a while back. No more timewarp, rebirth, army, etc in rbgs now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'd rather see some change to Void Shift for Shadow where it's something more for the role of DPS and not Support.

It's really odd how Blizzard gave Shadow Priests so many support tools (Even our spell earned through Symbiosis is a raid healing cooldown) and then is suddenly surprised that Shadow Priests are finding this nice little niche of being support.
Reply Quote
You'll still be god class, don't worry. Your fotm reroll is safe.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/03/2013 11:35 PMPosted by Ðiscepticon
And LoL stampede

Ya, stampede is just the pinnacle of OP isn't it...

It is the equivalent to one additional pet auto attacking and biting you for 20 seconds, that's it. On a 5 minute cooldown.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
04/05/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Spinnerdh
And LoL stampede

Ya, stampede is just the pinnacle of OP isn't it...

It is the equivalent to one additional pet auto attacking and biting you for 20 seconds, that's it. On a 5 minute cooldown.

Basically, it is Grimoire of Service...with a CD 3 minutes longer...
Reply Quote
Heres the main problem with stampede(not even stampede, its hunters burst cds combined). unlike most cds, it is unavoidable for most classes. Priest can aoe fear/tendrils it but thats it. DK can remorseless winter it if they took it. Druids can aoe root it(if they took it).most other dps cds you cant guarantee full time on the person but for stampede u can except for those few classes. Only those at high ranking are smart enough to even try to formulate a plan against it. Basically if you can get to 2k+ with little to no effort on hunter than you are doing something wrong.

Use this + trinket + the hunter attacking you as well is whats hitting so hard:
/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Dire Beast
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Lynx Rush
/cast Stampede
Edited by Fayte on 4/6/2013 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
1) Visual clutter (admittedly, I do see these as well, but it isn't like hunters have a ton of visual clutter compared to other specs)

imo this is reason alone to remove stampede from arena =P seriously hate all this random crap in MoP...
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Heres the main problem with stampede(not even stampede, its hunters burst cds combined). unlike most cds, it is unavoidable for most classes. Priest can aoe fear/tendrils it but thats it. DK can remorseless winter it if they took it. Druids can aoe root it(if they took it).most other dps cds you cant guarantee full time on the person but for stampede u can except for those few classes. Only those at high ranking are smart enough to even try to formulate a plan against it. Basically if you can get to 2k+ with little to no effort on hunter than you are doing something wrong.

/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Dire Beast
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Lynx Rush
/cast Stampede

You know that takes 4 seconds right, as in plenty of time to CC the hunter, or even silencing him as I believe silence prevents everything on that list but rapid fire.
Edit: Nvmd...paying more attention to GCDs than the abilities themselves... it takes 3 seconds, and doesn't work as 2 of those are talents on the same tier.
Edited by Verdash on 4/6/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Human Priest
Thought this thread was about Void Shift?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

/cast Rapid Fire
/cast Dire Beast
/cast A Murder of Crows
/cast Lynx Rush
/cast Stampede

Last i checked paladin's aoe blind worked on it, so does warrior aoe fear & aoe stun, same goes for locks aoe fear & aoe stun, Mages aoe roots.
Not sure about monks new silence/pacify but i'm fairly certain their stun stops them provided he aims it right and lastly shaman's aoe root totem stops them as well.
Edited by Prieto on 4/6/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Last i checked paladin's aoe blind worked on it, so does warrior aoe fear & aoe stun, same goes for locks aoe fear & aoe stun, Mages aoe roots.
Not sure about monks new silence/pacify but i'm fairly certain their stun stops them provided he aims it right and lastly shaman's aoe root totem stops them as well.

works on 1 out of 5 of those things oh and did we forget to mention Bestial wrath, while stampede is cced everything else is attacking you with 20% increased damage. not to mention aoe cc lasts 4-6 seconds at best and the duration is 20 seconds. But like i said its not stampede alone.

You know that takes 4 seconds right, as in plenty of time to CC the hunter, or even silencing him as I believe silence prevents everything on that list but rapid fire.
Edit: Nvmd...paying more attention to GCDs than the abilities themselves... it takes 3 seconds, and doesn't work as 2 of those are talents on the same tier.

I know Lynx Rush and A murder of Crows are the same tier thats just the macro used and depending on what talent they take they switch it out.

Furthermore to the point, 3 seconds is not a lot for a range dps class that can move while doing abilies, cc, and has a good gap opener. On top of that you have to know when he is popping this abilies to effectly stop them so saying "well you got 3 seconds" when these abilities don't have casting times are no other indication is a pretty dumb statement.

But go ahead, defend your obviously broken burst it amuses me greatly.
Edited by Fayte on 4/6/2013 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]