Sentinels Pride.

90 Human Paladin
Woah now let's not get all negative here. I meant to start something more proactive on this thread than negative stuff :(
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Yes, the game has changed but you have to be lying to yourself to think that this server is the same as what it was in 2008.
From my perspective it's the same, but I can see how it's different for other people. Different people want different things. Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
RPing with your water elemental doesn't count as a social activity.
Howard is better company than you. Abandoning me and crap. >:(
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

Abandoning and running away in the middle of the night to start a new life elsewhere because you don't make me feel whole anymore are two completely differently things.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/07/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Sinlinara

Abandoning and running away in the middle of the night to start a new life elsewhere because you don't make me feel whole anymore are two completely differently things.
In my defense here, I treat everyone like that. Soooooooo, yeah....
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
04/09/2013 02:55 AMPosted by Prodon

And that's why you can't have nice things
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

And that's why you can't have nice things
Nice things are over-rated!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue

No I'm not.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
04/09/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Sinlinara

No I'm not.

And thus his water elemental
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've been an off and on Sentinels resident since Vanilla-WoW. I'm a little sad to see that most of the community has moved away or left WoW entirely, but I've seen it often enough with other MMO's. It was only a matter of time.

Ah, the simpler times of being murdered by Valek while fishing in SW.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Prodon, you should be used to being abandoned...its happened to you your whole life :P

but anyway, IMO the server itself hasnt changed at all, theres still good people, still good RP, still a decent trade chat (comparatively), and still a community love for the server...the only thing that has changed is the population

SENTS FOR LIFE HOOKERS
Reply Quote
83 Undead Warrior
I always say that Sentinels was my first and favorite server. I definitely shouldn't have transferred back in WotLK >.<
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
04/06/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Drayton

I am not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean to say that I have imagined the heavily active RP community, the days when there was a need to bump recruitment threads every day so they would stay on the front page, and all the people that used to be all over the place? Because I'm pretty certain that things have changed quite a lot since Wrath of the Lich King and before.

Blizz has done everything they can to take the MMO out of their MMORPG. LFR & the dungeon finder specifically discourage socialization. Even the guild perks punish players for associating with anyone outside their circle of friends. Hub cities feel emptier, but that's because people are actually out doing stuff rather than fountain jumping in Stormwind. There's a ton more content that's easily accessible solo, not just on your main but also on your army of alts. The game itself has changed, but I don't see it being server specific.

As much as I hate to agree with a Doorf, I have to agree with Drayton. However, I think that maybe the reason others aren't seeing it this way is because some of OUR Wowlives haven't changed much. Some of us do and always will do what pleases us (within legal limits... sometimes). I, for instance, notice that there isn't as much "public" RP but as he said, finding groups of people is the difficult part we're spread out doing all the other things the game is offering us. Sure, people leave but others fill those spaces in our Wowlives. As much as I hate to say it, the lack of drama and cliques we had in the RP community, is something I don't miss at all.

I get a bit uneasy when I see people complaining about the lack of RP because the only one that can make RP is you. People can't expect others to do it for them. Scheduling any type of community event is the best way to fix the problem. I think Drayton's point is that many of us don't have a problem with it.

Kweh
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]